The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
So…
Things aren’t looking too good for the MCU Blade movie.
List of issues so far:
-The person directing the movie has stepped down from their role as director and the movie is now waiting for someone else to take over
-Script is apparently too short and is going over rewrites
-Despite being an action movie, there were supposedly only TWO action scenes, which according to insiders and crew members were both “lackluster”
-Kevin Fiege is too busy to try and help fix things
-The lead actor for Blade (Mahershala Ali) is reportedly not very happy with all of the above issues
-Movie’s release date is supposedly delayed
-Production of the movie has been pushed from November of this year to sometime in early 2023
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

🌸🍜⛩️🇯🇵
@Vulcan
At the moment the other strongest characters in my team are 22 (Soul) and Agent P (Phineas & Ferb). I need to upgrade my weaker fighters soon.
Posted Report
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Darth Prime
Sorry what I meant was character design wise, of course it’s gonna be bright and colorful I just didn’t think they would be using the exact character and world designs from the video games.
Posted Report
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Dr_Osaka
Ah I see.
Well the Mushroom People look pretty good but the only one we see is Mario from behind.
But hey I’m sure it’s fine despite how some people are maybe not super hyped for this movie they are most cautiously optimistic the bar was set extremely low by the 90s one after all.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@northern haste
He….actually looks good? The mustache and mouth are a bit off-putting, but it’s a solid design nonetheless and he’s more or less the Mario we recognize (I like the collar on his shirt, too; makes him more working-class). I imagine they had to change it up a bit because they didn’t want merch licensors to be confused over which were game merch and movie merch, but still…pretty solid.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
@northern haste
I think after seeing the teaser poster people expected Mario to look exactly like he does in the game.
That was never in the cards, because otherwise it would just be an-hour-and-thirty-minute long cutscene. Should also be noted that Nintendo almost certainly oversaw and approved the design (and much more stringent than Sega was with Paramount regarding Sonic’s design), and judging by the lack of C&D requests on social media they and Universal seem to be happy with the response currently.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide