The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
This Black Velma thing is getting crazy backlash.
-Self insert (what art isn’t a self insert)
-Ripping on the fans (A lot of the most popular series of our time do this)
-Changing a characters race (why is this an issue? Black Velma is hot, Black Shaggy is funny, just seeing a simmilar character slightly altered through different race and cultural context is cool. Shaggies personality is universal)
There is a lot of reasonable, and complicated reasons not to like this. I don’t think it’s that serious though. The world is just on edge about everything right now, and the series missed it’s mark.
My defense for the backlash is that some people just want things to stay the same. Especially classic cartoons. Even the darkest route where we assume it’s about race? Wanting a character to stay racially consistent does not implie malice to another race. Wanting to date a certain race doesn’t imply malice either.
I could somehow be racist here. There could be some social issue i’m not taking seriously, just because I think black velma is cute. She’s not actually black, she’s indian, but it doesn’t matter, and ‘black velma’ is the term you’re going to be hearing.
People say that cartoon characters are disproportionaly white, I somewhat agree, but I know why. Animation is a trade that exploded in white culture. White people helped teach animated cartoon production to Japan, to help repair war damages. Japanese people not only have white skin themselves, but Japanese cartoonist are more likely to take from western culture than other japanese artist.
I hope we get more cartoons that enter the lives of more minority indivuduals, and I hope we get more cartoons that are topical and smart. But I can read the room, this Velma series is a complicated fuckup. A lot of people lost their jobs over it, probably thinking it was going to be a hit, I feel bad for them.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@Beth
I can explain the reasonable one.
-Corporation treat certain characters as shields from critique or a distraction from the shady stuff such as worker abuse, actors going crazy, union busting or union infecting.
  • “mature” stuff and how it handled- Most people think that just slapping nudity, sex, violence, and gore and call when in reality it’s all about how you use those elements in a story be it minor or major. Same with certain subject matter such as death, loss, health, discrimination, abuse while trying to fit it in the story. For example Chicory: A colorful tale handled the topic of Impostor Syndrome through the story, game play and bosses. Fillmore episode has several episodes where they handle different topic- Fame, addictions, grief, acceptance, police corruption, revenge, etc. Fillmore episode 1-To Mar a Stall
    -race swapping characters by Hollywood has been done to put in little effort of trying to get that character popular. It also done to use the drama and the harassment as a way to advertise the product and to paint themselves in the “good’ guys in the story. The race swap in the live action little mermaid is one where hollywood took advantage of the actor’s harassment.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
The race changes don’t bother me about the show, im fine with ppl making the gang whatever race they want.
Im just annoyed that it’s a Scooby-Doo product that doesn’t have Scooby-Doo in it :/
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@northern haste
Wonder what happened to the “Tetris” movie announced nearly a decade ago.
@Darth Prime
@Dr_Osaka
I think StarFox should be a little more serious then “Guardians of the Galaxy,” but that would be cool.
I could see it having some in-jokes like Peppy Hare saying his most famous line at some point.
Posted Report
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@northern haste
Wonder what happened to the “Tetris” movie announced nearly a decade ago.
@Darth Prime
@Dr_Osaka
I think StarFox should be a little more serious then “Guardians of the Galaxy,” but that would be cool.
I could see it having some in-jokes like Peppy Hare saying his most famous line at some point.
No joke. Back in 2016 they announced a trilogy of “sci fi epic” Tetris films. It never happened (Thankfully).
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Wasn’t there a Flash series of a stickman dodging and fighting Tetris blocks? It’s obvious the idea was done already.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
So apparently the “puppy dog eye” thing isn’t just a coincidence. During domestication from wolf to dog they developed an eyebrow muscle specifically to emulate human expression to better bond.
Dogs really are Good Boys.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega
Gods, what they did to Utonium pissed me off so much.
@Just Wayne
Well, Warner hasn’t had a good idea in years, so probably.
Having read back on the script, it only takes six pages before there was unnecessary sexualization of one of the girls. Technically five pages, if we don’t count the opening title page.
Utterly shameless.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide