The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Velma being black in the VELMA trailer may just be a bait and switch, and HBO Max is exactly tryna stir the hornet’s nest for notoriety and to get hated–only to have the show pull a gotcha bitch and reveal that Black Velma was fake or an alternate version of her.
They gotta be playin’ something.
Posted Report
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony
Shame, the Ken Penders incident killed the Sonic Chronicles series. Also killed Sega allowing cameos to other Sonic canons in stuff out of fear of more lawsuits… (Like the Swatbots, and Cosmo flower.)
@Dex Stewart
Yeah, that’s out of character for her. I understand they were trying to poke fun at bad fans, but it seemed offputting honestly. Especially, with all the demonization of fandoms lately. (Remember when online journalists tried to say the brony fandom was full of nutzis?)
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Dex Stewart
Xactly. That is way out of pocket. Too edgy. Which is why I think they’re playing around doing some creative marketing or something. Attacking your own audience only works if your audience aren’t already on edge, or that they know beforehand that a roast is coming.
I mean, THE BOYS regularly attacks YOU the audience by making you to be a parody of dumb, toxic superhero-obsessed consumers who are into politics, who gets their truths from either the internet or celebrities. But it works for the most part because it also tells stories that respects their audience.
Making VELMA to just be full of edge with no point seems to be a massive FLEX and bullying as if saying “we own your fave character and we’re making changes I know you don’t like. What you gonna do about it? NOTHIN!”
It’s so bizzare and mean-spirited that I don’t want to believe they’re actually that petty.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Scummy af. Which is why I think they’re playing some kind of 4D chess at 4 parallel universes.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@tehwatever
I thought it was hilarious, but this pretty nails it. Way too edgy, and it’s not actually telling anyone what to expect even if you assume the best.
Seems like a tone deaf inside joke that looks like bullying without context.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
So I watched the Mario Bros movie trailer and it’s kind of funny the only voices that don’t work for me are Mario and Luigi’s. I actually like badass Peach and they make Toad actually sound less obnoxious and cute as they call themselves. And of course Jack Black is awesome as Bowser.
Posted Report
Angrybrony
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
i think the new mario trailer would have been better if they gave peach the umbrella. i feel like they moved her from stereotypical princess in destress to stereotypical action girl and her voice actor isn’t helping.
Posted Report
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@phoenixacezero
I noted. The irony is not lost on anyone. The new Velma, in the meta-sense, is a hypocrite. Which means HBO Max be knowingly antagonizing Velma fans.
But for what? There has to be a reason. It can’t just be from pettiness. I’d like to believe the series’ writers are trying some Death Note Keikaku Doori mind games with us that hopefully will pay off big time, both for Velma fans and ofc the series’ producers.
Posted Report
phoenixacezero
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@tehwatever
Simple- advertisement. Some people have a negative opinion of fans in general as such they’ll see more as fabrication of the show and then people watch the show. Though your talking about the changes made to the character not the trailer. It could be pettiness or envy toward the characters.
Posted Report
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Drama around the Mario Movie is something…
First Christ Pratt’s Voice and now Peach being allegedly a Mary Sue.
For the first point, I can totally see why some folks feel weirded out by Chris Pratt’s voice being inside Mario.
As for the second, do people forget that Peach has the capability to defend herself whenever not trapped by whatever magic MacGuffin Power source or surprise attack that Bowser unleashes?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide