The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Just Wayne
And with the How to Train Your Dragon live action movie coming up, people might be in a nasty surprise.
For Disney, they might have a chance with that Princess movie that I forgot the name of that looks like a Disney Renaissance movie
Also I feel like with Teenage Kracken if Disney or Pixar released it, people would probably have criticized it
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
IMO Disney/Pixar has been ignoring warning signs since 2010 (when Despicable Me became an unexpected hit against all expectations) that their dominance was coming to an end. Universal has been their biggest threat more than anyone else (not even Netflix), between that film, Minions outgrossing Inside Out, eventually buying out DreamWorks, and securing the film rights to the Super Mario series, one of the biggest franchises ever, which is currently tracking for a huge global debut. How has Disney responded to all this? More sequels and spin-offs we don’t need, with original ideas being thrown by the wayside.
The fact that Disney/Pixar have had an alarming lack of direction since sex pest Lasseter was shown the door has not helped, especially since the Disney board only cared about animation because of him (hence why they let his history of harassment slide until it was no longer sustainable).
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
There is going to be a How to Train Your Dragon live action movie? Oh no…
Again, we still got Encanto and Luca. I mean those were released in 2021 but they’re still awesome. I guess people just forgot those happened a lot of times. I think it’s time we remember to appreciate things more than comparing things to make some of them seem inferior. Puss in Boots is great but I hate seeing how all the praise came from how everything else is not doing what it does. (That’s why I’m also tired of seeing people compare Velma to Puss in Boots. I mean it’s a terrible show but comparing them somehow feels insulting to Puss in Boots.) We should all just look at movies and shows as their own things instead of making one seem superior to the others. When things are great they’re great, when things are terrible or mediocre they’re just that. There is definitely a huge bias going on because Disney has been pushing out drop after drop in 2022, and I think it’s getting as suffocating as all the bad stuff Disney pushes out.
Also, speaking of the Super Mario movie, don’t people still make fun of/hate Chris Pratt as Mario’s voice?
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Just Wayne
I agree with this this!
I feel like we are living in the new 1980s of Disney. An era most consider a dark age with less emphasis on animation. An era with movies most people probably will forget, a genuinely troubled era for animation, but an era that also has a lot of unappreciated gems like Encanto or Luca jyst like how the 80s had forgotten classics like Fox and the Hound or Oliver and Company, as well as Black Cauldron but we don’t talk about that.
They might not be as famous as Frozen or The Little Mermaid but the fans know of them.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
so i had this idea of sonic bullying horror villines like with freddy kruger he’d just sass him like a weird bugs bunny elmer fudd type thing. super sonic shooting though the evil moon from that one analog horror thing. i just find it funny when i remember a small blue rat dogs most of the horror genre.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Yeah, people forgot Disney had its other dark era full of direct-to-DVD sequels. Pixar would never stay the same quality forever either but it doesn’t mean everything they make is getting worse and worse. I’m sure Elemental would be awesome and I look forward to Zootopia 2. Dreamworks and Disney both still push really good stuff. I still have hope for them.
Though I wish Gigantic was never cancelled. I can only wish.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Shazam II now looking at a 70% 2nd-weekend drop, on par with if not worse than Quantumania.
So what was the point of moving the movie away from Avatar 2? WB can’t possibly not be panicking about The Flash right now. (Not to mention Guardians Vol. 3 is looking likely to underperform as well. The hype just isn’t there.)
Spidey10
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shazam II now looking at a 70% 2nd-weekend drop, on par with if not worse than Quantumania.
So what was the point of moving the movie away from Avatar 2? WB can’t possibly not be panicking about The Flash right now. (Not to mention Guardians Vol. 3 is looking likely to underperform as well. The hype just isn’t there.)
I think part of this is the result of many middling to poorly received CBM having come out within the last year. Films like Quantumania, Black Adam, Thor Love And Thunder, Morbius, etc.
At least The Batman was great and successful.
Posted Report
Angrybrony
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@CaptainXtra
externally: wow that charater is cool. what are they from?
internally: AW SHIT MY CLOWN HYPERFIX IS KICKING INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAA
Posted Report
Background Pony #A6D1
At least The Batman was great and successful.
Was it great though? I mean, don’t get me wrong, I think it was a competent film. The actors played their roles well enough, the story worked for the most part, it looked pretty good visually… but there was never any standout moment that really elevated the film for me. Plus it basically never had any lighter moments in it. No humor to speak of, no amusing character moments, just a long emotional monotone punctuated by the occasional action sequence. And sure, that’s probably a good way for Batman to work, but I mostly came away from the film thinking that it was impressive they finally made a Batman movie so dark and gritty that it ends with Batman thinking he should maybe lighten up a bit.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
No humor to speak of, no amusing character moments, just a long emotional monotone punctuated by the occasional action sequence.
Batman is a story of tragedy. Whatever humorous moments there are will be short or significantly Downplayed. Even the humorous moments of the Dark Knight movies did nothing to detract from the overall dark mood of them.
Posted Report
Background Pony #A6D1
@Darth Prime
I’m not asking for goofy madcap shenanigans. I just think it would have been nice if at some point in during the 3 hours we spend watching a borderline nihilist Batman go through the motions of hero work mainly to facilitate brutally snapping the bones of any remotely questionable person to cross his path as a substitute to therapy or emotional growth, there had been something to balance it out a little. Or if any of the rest of the cast had more to offer than just being different levels of the main character’s existential bleakness. I mean, if all I needed to be entertained was to see a bunch of people at varying stages of giving up on the world or any chance it can be changed make morose observations on the sorry state of humanity, I could just as easily go on Twitter.
And I’ll say again, having the ending of the film be Batman coming to the realization that people maybe need someone who inspires hope seems really meta in regards to the rest of the film.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide