The Yu-Gi-Oh! Thread

QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@nightshroud96

>While Dark Matter is only usable in dragon decks.

Because dragons are the least splashable in the game next to DARK Warrior types

CHAD Matter Dragon may not be busted on it’s own to many since it’s more an enabler, I disagree the fucker dont need no help, however when you have a fuck ton of cards from where to choose and inflict a new evacuation fissure on your opponent, you see why they yeeted this boi. Only way it is coming back is errata which in today’s ygo i the equivalent of forcing a lobotomy so you have more places from where to hang your billion copies of ash blossoms
nightshroud96
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@QuasarNova  
Dark Matter literally mills only dragons.  
So only a dedicated dragon deck can use it more effectively.  
In fact only combo it might use if its being splashed was Amorphage Pendulum thing but like I said, I kept seeing that lock happening but ending up getting beaten so many times in those YGOPRO videos.  
And needing Level 8s to bring out a Galaxy Eyes Xyz to use Dark Matter.

What other combos this will enable that is any trouble? I am serious on that since all I can remember this thing causing some ruckus with is that Amorphage Pendulum combo(where that monster locks the ED pretty much) and Dragon Rulers and Guardragons. Though the Dragon Rulers got hit HARD while Guardragon lost their Link 2 and one of their Link 1s and REDMD getting a HOPT now.
nightshroud96
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@Meanlucario  
Dragon Rulers still caused a ruckus on their own even at 1(which got buffed by Dark Matter) but now 3 out of 4 of them are still banned.

Lavalval Chain was generic but Dark Matter isn’t. Dark Matter can’t be splashed into everything unlike Lavalval Chain.  
And Chain can mill any monster, which leads to more potential on what it can cause.  
Though now that I think about it, how is Chain going to do if its put to 1? Given how the game is now and extra deck space might be too tight. Now I am curious on how is it going to go now.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@nightshroud96  
Again, dragons have arguably the most support of any type, meaning that being limited to just them isn’t a problem. And they’re rank 8, 9 and 10 Galaxy-eyes, meaning that it’s not as specific as you think. Didn’t Virtual World lose a boss-monster last month who was a rank 9? I have no doubt that if 95 was legal, they would gladly add in dragons to use it’s effect.

@nightshroud96  
And? They are far from the only dragon-deck who could summon and use 95. Even Blue-eyes could create the powerhouse if they wanted to.

You really underestimate the power of a mill of your choice. There’s a reason Foolish Burial is limited. Imagine having to duel against someone who was able to pull off a mill of their choice every first turn, or even three mills with 95.
The★Rickmeister
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Stormlight Archivist📔
@Meanlucario  
Haven’t level 9’s in general been getting a lot of extra support lately?

Also, I run a single FB in Blackwings, mainly to Mill Vayu, considering its effect to sycnhro from grave.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Speaking of milling, Isn’t Lavalval Chain rank 4, arguably the easiest rank to go into? I think that alone makes it more powerful that 96 wants to believe.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@The★Rickmeister  
You can only summon light monsters after activating Photon Sanctuary, so that wouldn’t work. I also want to say you can’t use tokens for xyz material, but don’t quote me on that. Still, I don’t see why rank 4s would be any harder to barf onto the field than when Lavalval Chain was banned, since it just needs two level 4 monsters to be summoned and mill any card from your deck.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Decided to watch some more DM, because I hate myself.

Imagine if Serenity was actually a natural and was able to save Duke and Tristan’s asses, to their surprise.

Wait, he used his deck master’s burn effect on Duke’s turn? I call BS on that. Until now, he only used it during his MP2, and on his turn. I call cheating.

“I lied about being a great duelist.” “I know. It was a bit obvious, honestly.”

“A spell card can’t topple Machine King” Eat a Raigeki, asshole. If you spell card can buff it, theirs can destroy it.

I can tell they made him a machine, for a “cold-hearted/heartless bastard” reference.

Weird how one could argue deck masters being the start of duel spirits, other than Pegasus chatting with his cat. I forgot about that until Three-Eye told her effect.

Joan of Arc being a card in Yu-Gi-Oh will always be weird to me.

And now Seto isn’t able to use traps, despite Jinzo not being on the field. The Big Fiver doesn’t even need to pay a cost. I hate this anime at times. It’s even a one-sided lock-down. I fail to see how Noah would approve of this, assuming he’s as “noble” as he loves to pretend.

Hey, it’s Seto’s butler from the manga. I guess his father loved hiring creeps and cheaters. Can’t wait for Seto to beat his father in a future duel.

Still, nice to see Jinzo, a good old-school monster, being used. I’ve seen enough Progression Series to know that will be tough to get pass.

Emergency Provisions looks much creepier in DM than it does in GX. And can only affect one set card.

Mokuba, you get kidnapped more than all of the gals in DM. He loves you enough to not drop you like you’re dead weight. You know this more than you’d want to admit it. It’s not an problem of trust, but the giant target on your back.

Gozaburo lost the will to live once he was no longer in charge of the company? Wow, what a bitch. At least Seto was going to lose the only person he cared about when he treated to kill himself.

And Gods Anger is used for Blue-Eyes. That is quite funny when you think about it, considering the first time it played was for Blue-Eyes telling Seto to stop simping to Obelisk.
nightshroud96

@Meanlucario  
Even if Virtuals would use it, at least it wouldn’t be as bad as VDF there.  
VDF caused even more trouble from what I heard. Especially since how splashable it can be.

Foolish Burial can send any monster, Dark Matter is only locked to dragons.  
I saw Blue Eyes used the lock a bunch but it kept getting broken through.  
The lock isn’t really as powerful as it seems.  
Dark Matter’s mill has potential but the only “cancerous” combo I remember was that lock and like I said that lock kept being beaten.  
Dark Matter can only mill if its been xyz summoned. Putting it to 1 could help avoid too many milling.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@nightshroud96  
And there are no dragon types with graveyard effects in the game, nor do dragons have ways of reviving them. And again, it’s a triple Foolish Burial that also banishes the same number of monsters from their deck.

@nightshroud96  
Lavalval Chain mills any card, and you were suggesting getting it off the ban-list.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Mokuba, Noah is an admin of the digital world you’re in, and battle damage is “real”. It’s clear that was a fake. Or maybe he already knows and is playing the long game, gaining Noah’s trust to pull a sneaky on him. In which case, the brothers are more alike than I gave them credit for.

Noah, we saw the red eyes. At least Seto is above cheap tricks and lies, unlike you.

Noah, Seto beat Gozaburo at his own game. He has surpassed you well before now, considering you are suppose to be Gozaburo 2.0. And you claim that Seto is the one with the ego.

Noah, if you can’t tolerate people arguing in-front of you, you won’t be able to properly run a company.

Joey, you should know what that field spell does. Pretty sure Mako used it against you in that duel.

Joey, you beat Mako because he couldn’t let go of his father’s card. Don’t act like it wasn’t luck.

Tristan is returning to monkey.

1,000 LP to banish all monsters on your opponent’s field. I get they have to beat impossible odds, but this is BS.

Hysteric Angel was made with a certain type of person in mind.

OK, that’s cheap (what isn’t at this point?). Jinzo should have appeared before he drew.

So Injection Fairy Lily now has two power-up animations within a few episodes. Same with Sebek’s Blessing. Consistency isn’t DM’s strong point.

Yugi, why not summon Dark Magician with Dark Magician Girl, since the former if your deck master and can be summoned for free, giving you the win. This frustrates me more than it should.

Wait, Five-Headed Dragon was a ritual monster? I guess they buffed it when they transferred it to the card game by making it a fusion instead.

Nightmare Penguin is a wind monster in the anime? That’s a lie.

The Flame Swordsman/DM fusion is going to appear. I can feel it.

I knew Black Flame Knight was coming out. Why did they decide to give it less attack than DM, though?

So this is the origins of the warrior DM monster.

Noah, you just killed five people. You have no place to bitch about Gozaburo dying because all he loved was his company.

“Seto, you were never qualified to take over Kaiba Corporation.” Again, he beat your father at his own game, and you are nothing more than a brain in a jar. Face it, you lost and only want to beat Seto because you can stand being beaten by anyone. At least Seto tries to keep it between him and Yugi (for the most part), where you made it personal, kidnapped Mokuba, fooled the Big Five into helping you (only to kill hem yourself), and force Yugi and his gang into your world because you need an audience to stroke your own ego.

Noah and the Ark. I just got it.

Two deck master abilities. Really? Seto and Yugi, I hope you two make Noah suffer for this BS.

And Noah is a psychopath. I guess that’s why Seto was adopted. Even Gozaburo knows that the end of the world is bad for business.

“I overcame my human emotions.” That’s what a psychopath would say.

“Non-targeting spell cards can’t affect it, and it can’t be destroyed in battle.” Honestly, the former actually sounds like cool protection that could shake up the non-targeting meta if cards with that effect were released.

And Noah admits to messing with Mokuba’s mind, and uses him as a human shield. Noah really is a despicable cockroach who isn’t afraid to cheat in order to win. He deserves the Big Five, since they’re all slime.

And deck master’s third ability. I hope Seto punches that smug smile off Noah’s face.

And a fourth ability. If Noah wasn’t a cheater, than Seto would have won on the third turn.

Also, Nice touch that the arc is the ritual spell for the monster than, in the anime, it becomes.

Yata-Garasu. Noah really is an asshole.

Spirit monsters are base on asian mythology? That’s actually pretty neat, if true.

And a fifth ability? Sure, why not. God, I want to punch this kid’s face so much.

And spirit monsters not being allowed to be special summoned was in the anime. Nice.

And Gods Anger plays when there aren’t any god cards yet again. Even in the anime, the god cards are considered a joke.

I thought this was Seto’s deck, not Yugi’s.

Seto being the one to motive Yugi the most is another reason he’s the best in DM.

And Yugi uses Monster Reborn to bring back Blue-Eyes while Gods Anger plays.

Sometimes, all you need is three 3k beaters, Polymerization and De-Fusion. I love Blue-Eyes White Dragon. Can be a brick, but it’s always fun to just go all out with your beaters

Noah, Gozaburo was always using you. He was using you to expand his empire. You truly are a fool.

That satellite looks like it can transform into a mech. I’m guessing it’s a monster card as well.

Yep. You can’t convince me that Mai/Joey aren’t a thing after her being what snaps Joey out of the memory-lock.

Honestly, I really wish that this took place after Battle City instead of near the end of it. That would have made

And Gozaburo uses Exodia, because Seto likely has PTSD about it. What a dick.

Gozaburo never knows when to accept defeat.

And that’s finally over, thank God.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Meanlucario  
The dub tries to make the last scene with Noah less creepy by changing his lines. He’s going to keep his father there so he can’t hurt anyone else.

Instead of the whole ‘let’s be together forever as we die’
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
A bit late, but I’m using a Thunder Dragon for the current event:

full

@Sparx  
Noah is a grade A psycopath, so it makese sense to me. Still, credit for the dub team for trying to make a character we’re suppose to feel sorry for sympathetic.
RD4590
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Vortex Clipper
A court is auctioning a gold Blue-eyes White Dragon seized from a life-sentenced criminal.  
And the price went up to $13 million and the auction was halted for suspected hyping.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide