Thread For The Lonely

Senpai Sven Pie
Artist -

Unfortunately, loneliness is my loyal companion. There aren’t many things that interest me anymore. I don’t want to fit into the mainstream, “being like others”, because this is the most sad and lonely path there is. Not being myself, living like a fake smiling machine and hiding my true feelings.  
But being myself is a lonely path anyway. Not being able to connect to most things. Everyone is unique, with their own dreams, wishes and desires. How would you even find someone similar? And then, the world and its people change constantly. Even if there was something, it will only be temporarily.

Ironically, I kinda think the only way to not feel lonely is to accept that we are alone. Maybe there is a spiritual solution or something.
alamakota6
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Senpai Sven Pie  
Should we search for people similar to us? You’ve noticed that we’re completely different, still changing, that’s why we can’t find peaceful abode in others. But in a same way these things are constants that bind us together. We’re coming together to have someones to whom we can show our true selves, no matter how different we are or how much we’ll change. If we all are lonely, we have similar interest: to be less lonely.  
At least, that’s what I’m telling myself.
Senpai Sven Pie
Artist -

@alamakota6  
I’m really thankful for moments like this. And thankful that there are always people who are kind and try to help.  
I found a video that really helped me after writing this, something I try to implement in my life. The gist of it was that I should see the “being alone” as my destiny and that nothing will ever change that. Seeing it as set in stone and really believing it. With this mindset I also don’t have expectations or false hope and can’t get disappointed. So why not just enjoy the moment and the things I already have, while still being open to whatever or whoever comes along. :) I think this could work for me, this is what I try.  
No one wants to feel lonely… This is very true.
Senpai Sven Pie
Artist -

@office mare  
Will do. :)

I want to offer the same to anypony who feels that way. In my experience, what really matters is love and care. We could have dozens of friends, but only very few (at best) truly care about us, also in times where we not shine. Always. It works only when it’s mutual.
NavyBr0wnie
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Brown brony in the navy
Awhile ago, I made the comment referencing Bruce banner, as a joke, But I never thought I’d be back here. I don’t remember what state I was in when I had made that comment. I do know that I wasn’t any better off then I am now.

Ah, I feel like I should just say who I am, just for the sake of saying it, hoping that maybe it might create some sort of fluke universal event that may change something later down the road I’ve no idea, and highly doubt that being the case, but hey… weirding things have happened.

I’m a sailor in the united states navy, I’m stationed out the seventh fleet AOR, Japan specifically. My ship does patrols up and down the asianic oceans, floating past china, korea, guam, and so on. I joined the military years ago to… help prepare for a future where I may eventually (in the off chance I’m lucky) have a family to take care of, and to take care of those I care about in my current capacity. I live everyday, being put in situations I don’t reasonably… Feel the utmost… motivated to to endure. In simpler terms, most times I don’t really give a damn, I just do what I do because I’m told to, not for passion, joy, interest or even because it’s the right thing, most times I follow order simply because it’s an order and it’s just one thing on the list of things preventing me from going home, turning on my laptop, and playing games or going to be just so I can do it all over again.

I’m not motivated at this job, I love that I live in japan, and I’m grateful to have a paycheck that has guaranteed money, but as far as saying I love my job or even my life, is farfetched at best.

I feel like things would be more bearable if I had a companion, someone who I could go through this for other than the ambiguous “people I care” about mantra. But the problem with that, is I almost have no time at all for anything other than decompressing. I don’t have the motivation or will to deal with people, and understanding the nuances of social networking.

I’m tired, tired of being alone, tired of being driven like a work horse, and tired of feeling lost and unfulfilled, but I don’t really know where to go.
Mismanage Assistant

@NavyBr0wnie  
there are 2 types of people people when it comes to being lonely. first the: “ill never be important to someone else and it nags everyday of my pathetic existence” and 2nd: “well shit im lonely, but its honestly old news at this point so why should i even bother to care at this point” i think if you come to terms with your loneliness it will be easier to bear
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide