Viewing last 25 versions of post by TheHappySpaceman in topic Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
"[@LightningBolt":](/dis/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition/post/4567090#post_4567090
)  
It bothers me. Some people say that cats are mean or have no souls, or that they don’t care about you, but honestly that statement reflects worse on the people saying it than it does on cats. Because it more than likely means that they don’t know how to handle cats.

It’s a fairly easy transition from cats to dogs. Cats are loving, maybe a little quiet and hesitant, but when they want your attention, they will make it clear. It’s a quiet but wholesome relationship. It makes a fairly easy transition to dogs, who are louder and more open in their display of love for you, and constantly demand attention. You try to act the same way around a dog as you do around a cat, and chances are if the dog is well-trained, it may still be a bit of a transition but it will work. By contrast, if you be all loud and crap around a cat like some people are around their dogs, the cat will be afraid of you and hate you.

It’s a super easy distinction to make, but a large number of dog owners have this preconception about cats and are too stubborn to even try.
No reason given
Edited by TheHappySpaceman
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
"@LightningBolt":/dis/unpopular-opinion-time-super-alpha-no-pony-edition/post/4567090#post_4567090
It bothers me. Some people say that cats are mean or have no souls, or that they don’t care about you, but honestly that statement reflects worse on the people saying it than it does on cats. Because it more than likely means that they don’t know how to handle cats.

It’s a fairly easy transition from cats to dogs. Cats are loving, maybe a little quiet and hesitant, but when they want your attention, they will make it clear. It’s a quiet but wholesome relationship. It makes a fairly easy transition to dogs, who are louder and more open in their display of love for you, and constantly demand attention. You try to act the same way around a dog as you do around a cat, and chances are if the dog is well-trained, it will work. By contrast, if you be all loud and crap around a cat like some people are around their dogs, the cat will be afraid of you and hate you.

It’s a super easy distinction to make, but a large number of dog owners have this preconception about cats and are too stubborn to even try.
No reason given
Edited by TheHappySpaceman