Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Mildgyth
Alright, here’s a real life example:
On some websites whose names will remain undisclosed, there are some people who advocate for Nazism. Genocide, white supremacy, all that. There are other people who will tell them to “fuck off.” That’s when the bot kicks in and bans the other person for swearing.
How does that make any sense? It’s a system based on the language being used when saying something, rather than what’s actually being said, and therefore is a platform that is open to breeding hatred.
(Perhaps kind of an extreme example, but you get the idea.)

Well, Hatred is a part of being human, like it or not. Same for love. You can’t have one without the other! If you think ““hate speech”” laws are primarily meant to keep people safe from harm, you are wrong. Such rules, especially the laws that are on government dockets, are there to gradually and steadily chip away at free speech.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Absol95
…You have no idea what “freedom of speech” means, do you?

Free speech doesn’t apply just to things you like; it also protects speech and expresion you don’t like NO MATTER how much of a fit and/or or moral outcry you throw. Talking about topics such as Nazism and ethnic nationalism=/=murder or theft. Such people, like everyone else, should only be punished if they actually have been proven to commit stuff that are crimes, such as rape, murder, theft and other such actual crimes.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Absol95
No, freedom of speech means you can criticize the government without fear of being prosecuted.

Yes, and it doesn’t just apply to political or economic speech. True, you can have consequences of some kind for outwardly speaking it, but that doesn’t give those those who disagree with your views free reign to go all “SAY SHIT GET HIT!” violent towards you. In addition, regardless of whatever consequences there may be, getting locked up for saying less than sympathetic or reverent things about specific groups of people is not just.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Absol95  
Dude, Spaceman is talking about people supporting genocide and white supremacy and the people calling them out getting banned. You’re trying to make it sound like the group was just talking about the ideas of the Nazi party, not supporting them and hyping up racism and murder. Freedom of speech doesn’t mean freedom of consequence or to make people scared of their safety because a group is supporting an idea that puts them in harms way because they aren’t white. Freedom requires laws and punishments that fit the crime to work, since otherwise it will be abused and used to harm others, just like any other freedom.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Meanlucario  
RIIIIIIIIIIIGHHT… as if I am the go-to arch-type for people that get too sensitive over everything. Though I can understand why you think that when I went on and on with many things involving Disney in another thread. 😒😒
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Absol95  
More so that I see those who view themselves as special and not a “sheep” like others to be the most sensitive when it comes to anyone even suggesting that an aspect of any of their views to be incorrect or mislead.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Absol95  
I think there’s a difference between saying “fuck I want to kill this guy for smashing my window !” And “1488 race war now rhodesians never die”  
You know, just saying
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@PonyPon
According to Absol, opposing them is going against freedom of speech.

No I don’t. You can oppose them, but not hunt them down like fugitivesfor frivolous and highly biased reasons. If private companies and web domains want to put certain restrictions on what they can tolerate on their spaces, thats fine for the most part. But governments shouldn’t have such power to lock people up simply for having “problematic ideologies”. If they actually do commit murder or rape or theft or lie under oath, then yes, prosecute them like anyone else.
SD50-2
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Bat Pone Fan
@PonyPon
No I don’t. You can oppose them, but not hunt them down like fugitivesfor frivolous and highly biased reasons. If private companies and web domains want to put certain restrictions on what they can tolerate on their spaces, thats fine for the most part. But governments shouldn’t have such power to lock people up simply for having “problematic ideologies”. If they actually do commit murder or rape or theft or lie under oath, then yes, prosecute them like anyone else.

That’s what literally everyone was saying. If someone decides to strongly support nazism, and they get yelled at/harassed by people who disagree/lose their job over their beliefs, then that’s just the consequences of deciding to strongly support nazism…
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@PonyPon
That’s what literally everyone was saying. If someone decides to strongly support nazism, and they get yelled at/harassed by people who disagree/lose their job over their beliefs, then that’s just the consequences of deciding to strongly support nazism…

Oh, so its okay to lose your job or get physically attacked just for wrongthink just because of your beliefs if the establishment hates it, eh? Yeah, right. Sounds a lot like the bullshit laws that Sweden, Belgium contemporary Germany, Romania, Austria, and France have and have had for decades because “we want to be tolerant”. You don’t have any obligation to agree with people you don’t like. And people should be tried as individuals, NOT as a collective whole, regardless of what ideology they have when they do get put in court. Its innocent until proven guilty, not the other way around!
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
Just here to say: The discussion appears to be tiptoeing into politics territory. So if people wish to continue talking under that subject, please take it to the appropriate thread.

Thank you.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
There should be some level of social punishment for people who honestly advocate for the murder and genocide of entire peoples.

Not government intervention, but I certainly wouldn’t shed a tear if said fuckwit never works another day in his life, can’t get accepted into college, and gets ostracized from social gatherings.

That cant be enforced or regulated, but I think it should be encouraged by the citizenry.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide