Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Meanlucario

Noted, but do always remember you are only .1% different from anyone you’ve ever had sex with. And you are statistically likely to have sex with/breed with someone that is at least tangentially in your family line. Especially if you live in an ethno-homogenious area.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Chippin’ In
I don’t know if this necessarily counts as unpopular, but I strongly dislike this recent trend of people trying to advocate for the “rights” of fictional characters. It’s just as pointless as trying to advocate for the rights of couches to not be sat on by people.
Twijack

Blank Flank
@Silent_Witness

@Meanlucario

Meat eaters who get pissy with PETA about their shelters are double hypocrites. For one, their habits kill animals, making them animal killers too. Two, by calling PETA hypocrites, they are hypocrites themselves, as they are not one to judge others for being hypocrites. It truly is glorious.

And if sheep stopped being bred for wool and meat, they wouldn’t have to be sheared. If their distress ever ends, it’ll be due to consumers (us) voting with their dollar.

PETA is just an easy target for meat eaters to use to justify their shitty habits. Not liking PETA is hardly an unpopular opinion. Many vegans don’t even like PETA.

https://www.peta.org/blog/euthanize/
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Twijack  
Meat eaters didn’t make a pokemon torture game.

And what does liking meat even have anything to do with this? You can like eating meat and object to how it’s made. What you enjoy eating doesn’t have anything to do with if you like PETA or not. Like you said, most vegans don’t like PETA, so why does enjoying meat suddenly change that stance?
Twijack

Blank Flank
@Meanlucario  
>Meat eaters didn’t make a pokemon torture game.

Okay. I don’t know what that had to do with anything I said.

>You can like eating meat and object to how it’s made.

You aren’t objecting if you keep paying for it. You’re actually supporting it, you know, by paying people to continue doing it.

>What you enjoy eating doesn’t have anything to do with if you like PETA or not.

I know. I just said many vegans don’t like PETA. And what I’m saying is that meat eaters who dislike PETA for killing animals are hypocrites. That’s my unpopular opinion, and an actual unpopular opinion, at that. Do you have an argument against it?
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@Twijack  
No it’s because peta is actually a horrible organization, who pet owners who don’t know better send their perfectly healthy friends to PETA only for them to be euthanized. They’re an extremist organization. They don’t practice what they preach at all. And as Meanlucario pointed out, you can eat meat while supporting farms that treat animals well before killing them, and also support the use of all parts of them.
Absol95

IN-TELLI-VISION!
@Ninji  
Animals will die even if humans were taken out of the equation. Death is quite natural just like birth. In fact, about 99% of all species that have ever existed on this planet has ended up going extinct. Plus, Equality is not the standard in nature, its more of the exception.
Twijack

Blank Flank
First off, I just wanted to say I’m sorry for calling meat eaters pissy. Sometimes it’s hard for me to stay civil when talking about this.

Now to address your points.

@Ninji

I’m worried about both.

@Mikey

I never said that I liked PETA, I said that meat eaters are hypocrites for getting mad at them and still paying for people to torture animals (yes, if you pay for meat, that is what you’re doing, whether you “support” it or not.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
For one, their habits kill animals, making them animal killers too.

Just this one part.

I’m going to skip over the guilt by distant association this implies and ask, does killing to make extinct really a moral equal with killing to eat?
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Twijack  
I mean it’s kinda strange that an organization for the ethical treatment of animals has no problem doing the complete opposite themselves and then lecturing people about it. ;/

I think people wouldn’t be ‘mad’ if they didn’t go with the whole ‘rules for thee’ sticht.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide