Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Technically it started due to a legitimate color theory error from a Japanese artist (they applied lighting incorrectly), who apologized and tried to correct the error. Then idiots decided to be idiots and start lightening her intentionally (as well as the now infamous monkey image).

True, but the whole situation was avoidable if the Twitter Outrage Mob didn’t escalate it.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
There is nothing wrong with changing your opinion of something based on new evidence. Doing so doesn’t make you seem like less of a person. In fact, it makes you seem more immature if you are stubborn and rigid with your opinion.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@NorrisThePony  
Sadly. I’ve seen so many people be confronted with conclusive evidence to the contrary of their opinions, but still be like, “WELL I’M RIGHT AND YOU CAN’T CHANGE ME!!” Like, why are people proud of being ignorant?
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@SombrLiz

Technically the opposite side escalated it. Only a few people in the “outrage mob” were actually angry. It was mostly just people explaining, “Hey, you seem inexperienced, so keep this in mind next time you use lighting and color theory in your art so that people don’t get the wrong idea”. But yeah, the outrage didn’t help.
O. Hancock

Penis
@TheHappySpaceman

There’s nothing wrong with it, but when you’re a politician who’s been on the wrong side many times before, why should we have any reason to keep putting you in power and trust you? Like, yeah, on a personal level sure, whatever, forgive the dude after he asks for forgiveness, of course. But don’t fucking elect him anymore, Christ.

(Looking at Bloomberg here.)
O. Hancock

Penis
@TheHappySpaceman  
That Bloomberg had a whole bunch of terrible opinions and political policies as mayor, and now that he’s running for president he is saying how he’s changed so much in the last few years and I’m like, we’ll just because I forgive you doesn’t mean I trust you or that you’re a good leader. You basically said that people should forgive people for changing their opinion, which I agree with. But at the same time, it doesn’t mean you’te very trustworthy and fit for a position of great power if you change your opinions very often and have done so many times recently.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Background Pony #F5E4  
When you admit that you were wrong about something and change your opinion based on recent evidence, that’s just… normal. Like flat-Earthers, for example, who, despite millennia of conclusive evidence to the contrary, still believe that the world is flat and stubbornly stick with their wrong opinion instead of admitting that they were wrong.

@O. Hancock  
…You lost me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide