Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

I know I have some sort of rep here as being a ladies man chad being, but trust me when I say it’s nothing special or amazing.

I’m a 5.8, 130 pound nerd who collects dice and plushies and knows way too much about fantasy stories.

It’s not about being a smooth talker, it’s about having confidence in who you are and what you want.

Develop that, and you can have women hanging off your every word, regardless of how stupid those words are.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Sparx  
Yeah, the entire idea behind supporting exclusively independent artists is utter bull. So many of these indie hipster types say they want to help poor, unknown artists, but they fail to take into account that indie does not equal unknown or obscure, nor does being a signed label artist mean that you’re rich and famous.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Don’t  
Yeah, but even if it does mean independent, just because someone is an independent artist doesn’t mean they’re not popular, and just because someone is a label artist doesn’t mean they can’t be obscure. There are so many indie fans who would drop a band just because they got signed because they’re “sellouts,” even if getting signed doesn’t make them successful.

When Kendrick Lamar, one of the biggest artists of the 2010s, is technically independent, we can officially stop considering “independent” to be interchangeable with “unsuccessful.”

@Zincy  
Good idea. I’ll do that once I convince my radio group to start allowing label artists to be played. Which will probably be never since it’s being run by hipsters.
Background Pony #967B
I’m surprised at how Neil Druckmann can go from a beloved writer in 2013 with his work on TLoU to being severly criticized in 2020 for his work on Tlou 2.

I don’t really like Tlou 2 but I feel like people forget how he created the first game. Unlike the sequel trilogy of Star Wars, at least this was Druckman’s own characters he created.

I wish people would be more like “how Druckmann fell from grace” instead of “how Druckmann ruined this game”. After it all it can give lessons on how one can lose sight of their own creation.
Background Pony #967B
Maybe this shows that Neil needed another person to help him smooth the game out just like Lucas needed to smooth out his vision.

I kinda respect the guy for his vision but I feel like he is one of those people that has great ideas but can often fail in the process of executing them.

I guess this goes into another question: does the heart and soul of art belong to the creator whose ideas can change from time to time like how Lucas pretty much disowned Mara Jade, Luke’s future wife or does it belong to the fans who prefers a more consistant vision.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
I thought the main issue people had with Neil is that he comes across as smug and condescending and that he done a really piss poor job in regards t all the allegations of abuse and harassment at his company?
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario  
I’d take “this writing is all over the place/not good/mediocre/etc. please do better” over “insert writer here is the worst piece of shit writer ever and i wish him ill and to kill himself he deserved to be cancelled because he did bad writing to my precious media” any time.

Why? Because writers are human beings, not robots nor punching bags nor YOUR GODDAMN SLAVES.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Background Pony #967B  
How about people who understand what people love about it and know how to make it work? The Lord of the Rings movies were made by fans, and look at how they worked out. Also, sometimes, creators are the last people who should have control of their properties, since some either don’t understand what they made and others are too quick to exploit it.

@icey wicey 1517  
Could easily be both.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
Speaking of creators, I don’t understand how they need the original creator’s involvement so it won’t jump the shark, but when the creators are involved for way too long (for example in Game of Thrones, Steven Universe, Star vs., etc.), it jumps the shark and idk why? Could it be burnout or they just have too much creative control or they stray themselves from the original plan?

And why other people (who aren’t the original creators but those who worked on a certain property) get bad rap (ex. Paul Tibbitt, Meghan McCarthy, Al Jean) just because they aren’t the original creator?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Usually burn out. Keep in mind that when you work on something for years, eventually all your creative ideas will run out and if you’re desperate and don’t want to pull the plug on your series, you’ll try anything to keep ratings or profit going.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Myoozik  
Not exactly. I made the argument that metal is the new indie, since “indie” as a music genre is mostly big label stuff now. This, however, is my response to the entire argument of supporting independent music exclusively.
Background Pony #967B
How about people who understand what people love about it and know how to make it work? The Lord of the Rings movies were made by fans, and look at how they worked out. Also, sometimes, creators are the last people who should have control of their properties, since some either don’t understand what they made and others are too quick to exploit it.

I think with say D and D for Game of Thrones season 8, people often (problematically to me at least) say their work in that season is like fanfiction.

And I think the whole sentiment comes from the idea that the creator is the auteur and thus has the most consistent and probably well executed vision.

But to me, if a creator has a change in heart or whatever, then he no longer has that creative vision.

No matter who you are, YOU can decide what the creation should represent. And hopefully you have the most correct vision. And sometimes that vision is from the fans.

That’s my Ted talk today.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman  
Oh okay then

That train of thought does sound hypocritical, but taking away that mentality, it is still support for an artist regardless of how succesful or unknown they are, to me at least.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide