Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Background Pony #9796
Deletion reason: Rule #6 - confine your political posts to the Generals >> Politics thread
some-guy
Dree Deray - For supporting the site
Twilight! - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter

Thought it was more of a “unpopular opinion” but ok. I won’t bother with politics on this site. I’m sure my comment would get deleted in that thread too.
I forgot to click the anonymous option

Fuck
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

So the 9/11 thing from Turning Red was just noise from a vocal minority, ok.
But why do people complain about the designs in that movie? This is the most expressive film Pixar has ever made since UP. If you studied 3D production and saw how facial expressions are made, you must know that making a mouth and head look like a 2D design with a 3D character model and just the right camera angle is insanely hard. After finishing the movies I had to come back to Luca and Turning Red just to see it frame by frame.
The Pixar team is insane.
EDIT: By the way, kudos to Pixar for using Earthbound as a visual reference in order to make Turning Red.
More edits, I’d like to share some images to give you an idea of how complicated and frustrating is working with rigs.

Do you know how ridiculously hard is to work on rigs in 3D, let alone creating an entire rig set just for one character? And let alone having a 3D character doing 2D poses in a very clean way (second 23)?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGjjYGpca8M
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
One problem with Ratatouille I had was that, what did Linguini really do? If he’s not good at cooking what did he really achieve? What did he learn? He became the owner of the restaurant but I don’t know if he really earned it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
He lost so many jobs and seeing that he found out that he’s related to Gusteau, he took a job at his late father’s restaurant to get by and that according to his father’s will, he was going to inherit. I guess Linguini just went along with it no problem at all.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Myoozik
I think another thing he did was he trusted Remy in the first place. An owner after all needs good employees. Many people would have not even thought of using rats for that purpose, but he was desperate and also creative and open enough to use Remy and his rat pals.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Art has some very significant issues.
  1. It’s very exploitable. Nothing is wrong with artist getting paid for their works (everyone needs money and artist need business sense to sell their art at a reasonable price to buy stuff like food and more art supplies), but rich snobs buying what a toddler can make make with a few cans of paint for more than the yearly mortgage of a house is a problem. People will see that market is marketable and rush to it hoping to have the same success with less effort. We have seen it with movies, video games, and cryptocurrency.
  2. Demanding “creativity.” These people I’ll call demanding hipsters (I’m open to suggestions on better names). These are the people who claim to want creativity, but just want artist to make what they like. Freedom of expression isn’t the artist drawing and through it, expressing what they want. It’s pre-modern cubism, or renaissance water colors, or 20th century abstract. These are the people who are quick to say something is avant-garde if it pleases them, no matter how old or tired it is. They will also reject any new style or attempts by trying to associate it with unrelated pieces through means that requires more mental gymnastics than a bad mystery, since it isn’t want they actually want.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Meanlucario
Toddlers wouldn’t be able to make a Pollock Painting, he studied Colour theories for them.
Although a lot of modern art is boring because a lot of them just reuse decades old styles without any improvements or anything new
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
People who try to “gatcha” others are assholes who rather stroke their own ego than to actually improve the situation or fix the actual problem.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I wish Disney’s take on Hercules was 100% based on greek mythology. I know that’s impossible, but I wanted to see something similar to what they’ve done in Fantasia with the big devil and everything.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Sparx
Something that was all too common in Greece (they use the same hand-hold for marriage and kidnapping in their art). Also, it was Zeus who told him to kidnap Persephone, since he was Persephone’s father and knew Demeter wouldn’t like Persephone getting hitched. OSP has a video on it.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Reading Metamorphoses (you can find a translation on Wikipedia and I only read Book 1 of Dryden’s 1720s translation) you can see how lovestruck Jupiter was by turning a woman named Io in a cow.
Also Apollo called Phoebus chased a woman called Daphne for the sake of love and Daphne made herself into a tree so as to not be with him.
The greek gods were a bit lovestruck.
@Meanlucario
Yeah I guess I just turn off that part says Zeus and Hera or Jupiter and Juno are siblings and just get used to it. I have my limits.
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
We’re using their Greek names for simplicity. And you seem to not realize that the women in both those stories didn’t want to be bone but the gods don’t take no for an answer. That’s not “lovestruck,” that’s rape.
And again, incest is the least of the crimes of the Greek gods. They are meant to reflect the people of Greek society, which should tell you a lot about that culture.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Not to be a pendant or anything
but Metamorphosis was Roman. And while they borrowed much of the Greek pantheon they changed some key details that makes their interpretations of those gods and heroes slightly different.
Roman culture was also distinct from Greek, and a lot of that is reflected in their writing.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide