Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
Is it unpopular to still like the MCU? I see a lot of people shit on phase 4 but I still like it a lot. It’s probably because Daredevil and Kingpin are returning. It’s also because now that Marvel has passed its “episodic” phase, it can basically do whatever it wants and be more like a comic book now. I wanna see what they can come up with, especially since Disney has to rights to X-Men and Fantastic Four, and that the Netflix heroes might have a chance of returning. I would love to see Punisher again as well.
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
I can guarantee you even as someone who isnt liking phase 4 that much - those people are a vocal minority.
The movies, shows, etc. are still thriving and successful.
Those people are just mad that we’re in a “setting up” phase and don’t feel like waiting through all the world building and setup for the next big villain.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@PixelatedPony
I think the main issues ppl have with the MCU RN is both just general fatigue for superhero stuff (all the movies plus the D+ shows that you need to watch in order to understand what is going on in the movies), along with people feeling like the humour of the MCU is gettibg old (like the Joss Whedon style “quirky/sparky one liner”, or the perceived notion that the MCU needs to keep adding jokes to everything and can’t let things breath for a moment)
I still like the MCU tho, abd the people complaining about it have gotten really annoying
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
I don’t get me wrong I agree with that valid criticisms you brought, I’m just saying that liking the MCU is not a popular opinion.
That said I also suffer superhero fatigue, I haven’t seen an MCU movie since endgame iirc and the last superhero movie I watched was ‘The Batman’, it was refreshing to see a superhero movie with a darker tone and not filled with shoehorned jokes and the comedic moments were genuine and in the moment.
I’ll still watch some MCU movies but right now I’m still taking a break from MCU content.
WaynePonePone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@icicle wicicle 1517
@PixelatedPony
I believe it’s a fatigue thing as well, but honestly I’m not tired of it yet. In fact I think it’s reawakened after I’ve stepped away from it for a while. It’s easier for me to only see what they’re gonna do now that they don’t have to have another “Endgame”. I like it that they’re bringing more comic book characters into live action and I’m just curious to know who will come in next. Marvel is now another wild card and it’s so fun to look forward to what unexpected thing they’re gonna do.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I think the MCU did mostly well til Avengers: Endgame, with some misses before that, but afterwards they haven’t released a single movie i liked.
Might also have to do with the lack of competition since DC has mostly put out terrible movies recently. That is the live action movies, animation wise i found much more enjoyment there. Even the DC Super Pets movie was very entertaining to the garbage on the live action counter part.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Being an “indie” content creator (filmmaker, musician, animator, etc.) is glorified way too much and ultimately isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario
I think people glorify it because of the fantasy of having no limitations from executives. But indie art has limitations of its own based on how much money you can spend while still being able to eat. And that limits what genres you can create, how much you can spend on post-production, album/cover art, promotional costs, any music videos (if you’re an independent musician), etc.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Actually, one limitation people don’t tend to think about is how being independent can even affect what genres you create. There’s a reason most indie directors make a lot of horror movies. It’s one of the cheapest genres to film. Similarly, there’s a reason there isn’t a lot of indie sci-fi.
This extends to music as well. As I’m discovering, while it’s a little easier to record a prog and stadium rock-influenced album on a low budget, it becomes hard as hell to make music videos and album art that matches it. Probably why most indie musicians start with low-fi folk or electronica, where the production costs are cheaper.
phoenixacezero
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

When talking about your cause,hire a reddit mod or at least someone with intelligence of one to speak on your and all other supporters behalf. Look how well that worked out for R/Workform. The mods treat them fairly and not at all with any abuse of powers. no, no, no.
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Meanlucario
“being your own boss”
there is some losers and homeless people that cannot be manipulated into doing anything. I think they are what society calls ‘based’
Meanlucario
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Toxic positivity isn’t treated as bad as it actually is by some. I consider delusional as part of toxic positivity (just look at the Earth 2 community for an example of that). Refusing to hear criticism, give actual criticism, take accountability for your actions because “they were worst than us,” and the like lead to ruin on both sides. Even worst if they start doxxing “problematic people” who just said something that goes against their “positive thoughts only” worship.
WaynePonePone

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@TheHappySpaceman
As a person who’s played a lot of indie games, at the end of the days those games have to imitate established AAA genres. And it’s not like those games don’t get their fair share of controversies either, scams, people behind them being awful, and drama among crew. It’s really not all that pretty.
And I’m mad Silksong still doesn’t have a release date yet
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Mr.Myoozik
Sometimes people offer a fix, and i’m either really skeptical that their way is actually better, or don’t feel like fixing anything anyway. I’m not going to deny someones criticism completely though, certainly not going to get mad at it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide