Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

GargantuanBass
Thread Starter - Vent thread
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

I think the only thing that makes DBZ Kai inferior to the original dub is the music (seriously, DBZ without Bruce Faulconer’s bangin’ synthrock isn’t DBZ as far as I’m concerned).
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Objectivism & Anarchism Have both been given fair chances to prove them selves as a way to run a society, And both have failed worse than Monarchy’s and Theocracies as they can’t even last very long, and tend to result in just as much suffering,
trashboat

Professionally Depressed
There are super robot anime far better than gurren lagann (Seriously people, I like it too, But calling it the only good mecha anime is going a bit too far)
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@Whatevs  
Uganda comes to mind, barring that they were likely the first models humans ever used and were abandoned because of better or at least more stable and and secure ideas were invented,

And that is a weak sauce excuse you can’t say our idea would work if every one behaved any society would work fine if humans all got along and never deviated from the rules, but they don’t and any society has to take that into consideration,
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.

Arch-Rarifag
@Thanotos Omega  
Anarchists typically acknowledge such problems.  
Or at least antistatists do. They dont suggest changing human mature  
And you say “more stable ideas were invented” even though most flavors of amarchy and objectivism are among the most recent political theories.

And I have yet to hear of an actual objectivist society that isnt rapture.

But since I’m not ideologically aligned with these beliefs O wpuld probably do them a disservice by arguing for them.
Thanotos Omega

@Whatevs  
The thing is both are the default of human nature either we work together in an unorganized mass or someone claims power and uses it to control the rest of the group,

Also any where there is no government control is by default Objectivist since there is no law the best will rise to the top, by climbing over the corpses of those weaker or less ruthless than them selves, until one is able to claim dominance in most cases said individual will become a dictator, and that is the flaw with obectiveisim it kills it’s self and you can’t say it’s wrong because well the guy who killed did so via it’s own rules,
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Whatevs  
@Thanotos Omega

Relevant

For Whatevs, those videos are probably old news for the likes of us, as we can usually see through statist bullshittery.

For Thanotos Omega, good luck rebutting these arguments…unless you want to also argue against evolution itself.
Thanotos Omega

@Ebalosus  
I will as always not allow another to argue on your behalf, If you feel inclined to rebuff my statements then please do so your self, Just as I don’t send every person who advocates evil to get mauled by Zincy,
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Thanotos Omega

Fine, though I will warn you that since libertarianism/antistatism is a negative philosophy (meaning that it refutes a root-assumption), the burdon of proof is on Statists.

Objectivism & Anarchism Have both been given fair chances to prove them selves as a way to run a society, And both have failed worse than Monarchy’s and Theocracies as they can’t even last very long, and tend to result in just as much suffering

Uh, source? When have either been given a fair chance to prove themselves? You mention Uganda, but in what context?

Evidence that Somalia actually improved without a government

And that is a weak sauce excuse you can’t say our idea would work if every one behaved any society would work fine if humans all got along and never deviated from the rules, but they don’t and any society has to take that into consideration

Ah, the nirvana fallacy, how goes you? :P

Also any where there is no government control is by default Objectivist since there is no law the best will rise to the top, by climbing over the corpses of those weaker or less ruthless than them selves, until one is able to claim dominance in most cases said individual will become a dictator, and that is the flaw with obectiveisim it kills it’s self and you can’t say it’s wrong because well the guy who killed did so via it’s own rules,

Strawman too? What are you doing here?

You may want to look up either Objectivism or Libertarianism before trying to disprove or debunk them next time.
Thanotos Omega

@Ebalosus

1st point disqualified again site raw statistics not some else’s work as this person can manipulate the data,

2nd Point The key difference here is that the two presented methods almost guarantee someone evil will come to power and promptly replace said methods with an autocratic one, While imperfect no other form of society can boast the kind of results as well regulated democratic capitalism,

3rd point You are attempting to convert me into a straw man to distract from the simple and obvious facts i pointed out, you can not refute that if there is no rule of law than rule of law will not exist until someone enforces it, And to do so a person or persons must have superiority and are thus by an Objectivevist standard are right,
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Thanotos Omega

Ah yes, democracy, where 3 wolves and a lamb get to vote on what to eat for dinner.  
full

Once again you are making a root-assumption that “well regulated democratic capitalism” leads to success. Do you know why that is? Or even if that is entirely true? What about Anarcho-capitalism and its children, Crypto-anarchism and Objectivism? What do you mean by the word “regulate”? What do you mean by the word “capitalism”?

I’m not trying to turn this into an argument surrounding semantics, but since those words have had their meanings distorted, what we mean by when we use them becomes important.

When you use the term “well regulated democratic capitalism”, I think of places like Germany, Switzerland, and Sweden, where the government is God, and free market capitalism isn’t trusted…like the people there.  
full
Thanotos Omega

@Ebalosus  
Financial success is not the only measure of a society’s value, it is also measured in it’s treatment of those without the benefits of wealth, We need only look to all the deaths caused by union busting to see what happens when the few are given to much power,
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -

Build commie blocks!
@Thanotos Omega

Hence the reason to disempower government. It truly is the case of “the less government, the better”  
full

Remember that the government more often than not is the cause of atrocities, since they allow evil people to get away with evil deeds.

And I agree, financial success is not the only measure of a society’s value…but what is considered ‘success’ should not be decided by a gang of people with guns, but by individuals themselves. My definition of ‘success’ will not necessarily be your definition of ‘success’.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
“The only thing that saves us from the bureaucracy is inefficiency. An efficient bureaucracy is the greatest threat to liberty.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide