Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Bands who change their sound to stay relevant usually suck at the new sound.

There are some bands that put the extra mile in and make the new sound actually be really good, but most bands… don’t. And it comes off as incredibly forced and cringey, leading more people to hate when bands do this regardless of the quality of the new material.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@ILoveMyoozik  
I would argue that AM aged better than most of the albums from that era, most were obnoxiously Folky (Mumford and sons) or Obnoxious ironic detachment. People liked it because it was the Obama era and that was the culture at the time but it sounds so boring nowadays.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@The Equestrian Zodiac  
A good artist can make a good studio version of their song. A great artist can pull off a live version so good that it comes into question whether it’s actually better than the studio version.

(Entirely popular opinion, but all of Peter Frampton’s songs from Frampton Comes Alive are superior to the studio versions.)
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
I know I’m literally the only person that cares about this in any way, but I’ve been bothered how many cartoons/media depict mice/rats as the good protagonists and if cats show up, they’re always mean and evil and it bothers me to my core than cats fulfilling their instinctual desires and the reason they were domesticated is treated as a bad thing.

To much shit shits on cats for literally no reason, where-as dogs are pretty much never treated poorly, and mice get way too much glorification for just being bloody prey to tons of animals. Predators are not evil.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
Yes! Thank you!

Cats aren’t mean. They were literally domesticated to get rid of mice and rats. I always felt bad for Tom in Tom and Jerry, for example, when Jerry would outsmart him, and I never understood why we were supposed to be rooting for Jerry.

Also hate how cats are portrayed so much worse than dogs in media.
LightningBolt
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
Thank you. I’ve always felt like I was the only one who ever felt this growing up and still as an adult.

I nearly lost my shit in school when the teachers decided to play some dumb movie called Cats Vs Dogs that I had already seen previously and surprise surprise the dogs were the heroes and cats were bad and it infuriated me.

Yes a bit silly to get so worked up over a dumb movie, but I was ten and I was such a quiet introvert, the fact that something almost triggered me to actually act up is rather impressive.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
I remember that movie. I remember specifically not going to see it because it antagonized cats.

Dog lovers have practically dominated the popular media sphere for a while when it comes to this sort of thing. Cats are always portrayed as mean antagonists, and dogs (or mice) are the protagonists. It’s only been with the dawn of the Internet (and execs wanting to cash in on cat memes) that this has started changing.
Thanotos Omega
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@TheHappySpaceman  
@LightningBolt  
In some cases this is justified by the metaphor the story is going for, like in Speedy Gonzales cartoons, and if Jerry was being more antagonistic in a cartoon he sometimes lost to Tom,

That said cats are depicted as villains because they are seen as more feminine but still aggressive, same reason fancy dogs are, feminine+aggressive is one of the oldest villain concepts in western culture, like Pandora ect, cats unlike many dogs aren’t seen as manly so their aggression is treated as an aberration, combined that with it being kinda harder to sell people on rooting for the clearly larger and stronger person in a fight and you get the classic villainous cat tropes,
LightningBolt

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@TheHappySpaceman  
Starting is the key word. i wish it changed people more. I hate talking to people that are like “i love dogs, dogs are the best, dogs are amazing” and then in the same breath say “i hate cats, cats are assholes, i never want to own a cat”. Because in pretty much all those instances, the person saying that 1: never owned or lived around a cat, 2: is very biased as a result of that, 3: assumes cats should act like dogs and because they don’t, sees them as mean and distant by judging their behavior like dog behavior.

I’m a cat person, I’ve always been one, but I’m not against dogs at all. I prefer cats, yes, I never lived with a dog, always had cats as pets, but I have no issues with dogs and would gladly own one as a pet.

Cat lovers tend to like dogs too, dog lovers tend to see cats as the school bully who gave them a swirly in 8th grade.

I don’t know why this is a thing even today. Shrug emoticon.

Obviously these stereotypes don’t apply to all people, I know there are people out there that love both equally, or prefer something like snakes or parrots or hamsters as pets, all of those are fine too.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
I know I’m literally the only person that cares about this in any way, but I’ve been bothered how many cartoons/media depict mice/rats as the good protagonists and if cats show up, they’re always mean and evil and it bothers me to my core than cats fulfilling their instinctual desires and the reason they were domesticated is treated as a bad thing.
To much shit shits on cats for literally no reason, where-as dogs are pretty much never treated poorly, and mice get way too much glorification for just being bloody prey to tons of animals. Predators are not evil.

You’re not alone in this. I started noticing that when i was a kid.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@LightningBolt  
It bothers me. Some people say that cats are mean or have no souls, or that they don’t care about you, but honestly that statement reflects worse on the people saying it than it does on cats. Because it more than likely means that they don’t know how to handle cats.

It’s a fairly easy transition from cats to dogs. Cats are loving, maybe a little quiet and hesitant, but when they want your attention, they will make it clear. It’s a quiet but wholesome relationship. It makes a fairly easy transition to dogs, who are louder and more open in their display of love for you, and constantly demand attention. You try to act the same way around a dog as you do around a cat, and chances are if the dog is well-trained, it may still be a bit of a transition but it will work. By contrast, if you be all loud and crap around a cat like some people are around their dogs, the cat will be afraid of you and hate you.

It’s a super easy distinction to make, but a large number of dog owners have this preconception about cats and are too stubborn to even try.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide