Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
@PastelBacon  
Yeah I mean, I’m not saying it’s amazing, it’s definitely aged somewhat poorly. Sunshine that came after was much more polished and refined. (a few of those secret shines can go fuck themselves though. Looking at you poison river and pachinko shines) Galaxy 1 and 2 were also great if a little more linear, and Oddysey is in my opinion the best of what 64 did with only a few of the flaws. Way more open, perfect controls and camera, insanely gorgeous for a Mario game. Cappy is such a fun and unique mechanic.
Jarkes
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mikey

My only real issue with Odyssey is that the boss strategies don’t change much, but that’s been a thing with the franchise for a long time anyway.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Ayriana
@Jarkes  
Yeah. I don’t expect Nintendo to come up with interesting and challenging bosses after 30 years, as long as they keep up making interesting and unique and challenging platforming challenges I don’t really care though.
PastelBacon

Sunset Shimmer
Now let me talk about another game I find overrated.

DOOM II: Hell on Earth

I find this game absolutely extremely overrated.  
The only thing good about it is the Super Shotgun.

Gameplay is infuriating compared to the first game, some of the puzzles are absolutely STUPID.  
The Archvile and the Pain Elemental, god they are a HUGE pain.  
The Revenant and the Mancubus were certainly a cool edition though, as for the Hellknight, they weren’t anything special till DOOM 3 when they got their own identity, instead of recolored, but weaker Baron of Hell.

I loved the original DOOM.  
I’m going to be quite frank though.  
After about only 7-10 levels, I stopped enjoying DOOM II.  
It started becoming a chore to play after that, some of the levels took me up to half an hour to complete because compared to the first game, the directions were extremely unclear at times, especially in some of those GOD AWFUL “CITY” LEVELS.

I will probably replay DOOM at somepoint in my life, as well as DOOM 64 (My personal favorite). I’ve already replayed the new DOOM a number of times, I gave up on DOOM 3 (which I was enjoying, but Steam deleted my save file and I don’t feel like redoing it.)

I will NEVER replay DOOM II in my life. I can’t even begin to think of playing it again. Even with the amazingness of the Super Shotgun.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Gameplay The Pony  
I’m not saying that graphics are the most important, but they should fit the game and its setting. Imagine playing a horror game when everything is clean and spotless, a shooter where you can’t tell what you’re sooting at, or a platformer where you can’t tell what you can jump on and what you can’t.
PastelBacon

Sunset Shimmer
I should have prefaced what I originally was going to before making even my SM64 post.  
Some things I say I find overrated I don’t hate.  
DOOM II is not a bad game.  
It’s a fine game in it’s own right.  
However, compared to the original, it falls WOEFULLY short, in pretty much EVERYTHING.  
The Soundtrack, while good, is not quite to the level of the original.  
The gameplay, while similar obviously, is heavily effected by the POOR level design in a NUMBER of levels.  
The “City” levels in DOOM II are some of the WORST levels in any game I’ve EVER played.  
I don’t need a game to hold my hand to tell me where to go, I had no trouble with the original DOOM at all, but DOOM II, the levels were so badly designed in some cases it was not clear at all where to go for my first time playing. And I’m pretty sure even on a hypothetical replay, I’d still have trouble navigating some levels, namely those “CITY” LEVELS.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I think Ocarina of Time has aged better than people give it credit for. True, some aspects haven’t aged as well, but it’s still a great game.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also, I usually find the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time harder than the Water Temple (which is just tedious more than anything).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide