Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
If they decide to keep the kid and raise them on their own, then yes.

One of my best friends was raised by two homophobic Christian fundamentalist parents, one of whom was an alcoholic and was physically abusive, and grew up having to hide the fact that he was bisexual out of fear of being abused further. In an ideal world, no kid would have to deal with that.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Actually, for once Thanatos is right.

“Sanity” tests and the like were originally designed for very nefarious reasons.

I taught an entire class period on the subject.

There is no medical definition of sanity nor insanity.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

While I agree, how would you enforce that?

And what’s to say the kids wouldn’t seek out vaccination once they hit 15, like many are doing?

Would it not be easier to merely enforce vaccine regulations.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
That’s perhaps a good idea.

I’ve just been friends with a lot of kids who had messed up upbringings (kids with religious fundamentalist parents, abusive parents, tiger moms, or ones who are neglectful to the max), which has led them to be mentally unstable as adults, and I feel like we as a society need to find some way of remedying that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

@Meanlucario

Such is life. Should they die, they die. There is little we could do to actually enforce any sort of breeding system that would not border on eugenics.

All we could do is provide the support systems needed to try and keep them alive and happy. And should they be in serious danger, provide mechanisms for the state to take their kids away.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zincy  
Provided the state knows about how bad things are and the parents aren’t covering it up, either through normalizing it to the child or making them too afraid to tell anyone.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Actually, for once Thanatos is right.
“Sanity” tests and the like were originally designed for very nefarious reasons.
I taught an entire class period on the subject.
There is no medical definition of sanity nor insanity.

We already see Norway abuse their child protection system to hurt minorities
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
People should be given a mandatory sanity test before they have kids to see if they are fit to become parents.

That’s what we call in the business  
“Eugenics”  
There is no way this won’t be used to destroy minority communities everywhere
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Commune  
Well i think it would be presumptuous no minority would be put in charge of such a service, especially today, when you could get someone arguing that they should make more minorities by capping a majority and they wouldn’t lose their job immediately.

And the reproduction rate of a minority sounds low on the list of issues facing minority communities i can think of.

And this would be a logistical nightmare inside the current bounds of human rights no matter how you slice it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide