Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Terring
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Citizen of the Cosmos
The The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron is the second worst show ever made by Nickelodeon (first is Doria the Explorer). Even worse than Breadwinners. Yes, I said that! While the Breadwinners was an unfunny piece of trash, TAoJN was an insulting piece of trash. The stories are lame and full of cliches, the characters are shallow and the “science” is nothing more than nonsensical technobable covered by 100% bullshit. But the real reason why I hate this show is the protagonist himself. Jimmy Neutron is one of the worst, if not the worst main character in a cartoon series ever. If there are just 4 things to describe him, that would be a big ego, shallow character, bad scientist and even worse friend.

First thing first, his ego is bigger than Earth itself. Trixie used to be all about boasting too, but at least she eventually gets more humble and likeable. On the other hand, Jimmy was even worse than Trixie and stayed like that till the end of the show. He always introduce himself as “Jimmy Neutron, The Boy Genius” and he’s very proud about his intelligence. Do you know how Steven Hawking was describing those who enjoy bragging about their IQ? As losers! As a science enthusiast, Jimmy should know and understand his actual place in the vastness of the Cosmos, a realization that gives you a feeling of humility and responsibility towards everybody and everything. But Jimmy is anything but humble! It’s as if he’s a kind of God trapped in the body of a young boy and his job is to humiliate anybody else with his “superior” mind.

When you have something as big as an ego, you may want to have something small for the sake of balance. And Jimmy has a very small and shallow personality. He’s all about science and technology. And his big ego. And that’s all. Nothing else. You can’t have a conversation with him about anything but science. Don’t get me wrong, I love having discussions about science and technology, but there are even more things I like apart from them, like video games and supercars. There are many characters out there, like Donatello from TMNT and Sandy from Spongebob Squarepants, who love science and technology too, but they enjoy other things as well, like karate, eating pizza and watching old TV shows with their friends. Hell, Twilight Sparkle is an adorkable nerd that loves reading books and her helping her friends. And she’s a princess too. Kowalski from Penguins of Madagascar can make crazy inventions out of trash and he’s also an awesome commando! All the above characters are nerds but likeable nerds and not only nerds. Jimmy, on the other hand, is an unlikable nerd that has a very lame personality and he’s as lame as a wall painted with one single color. It’s bullshit like this that give nerds a bad name.

And he also gives science a bad name too. Apart from all this artistic license in everything (like “solid photons”, bad astronomy and the complete lack of knowledge in paleontology), Jimmy even rejects the base of science, which is… the scientific methodology itself! If somebody has an extraordinary claim, you have to ask extraordinary proves and make a research to find an explanation. But Jimmy will just mock her/him and her/his claim. I remember an episode where a guy claims that there is a ghost at the theme park. A real man of science, even somebody who doesn’t believe in ghosts, will visit the theme park and have a look, just to see what’s going on there. Jimmy, on the other hand, just mocks him, claiming that there are no ghost and the guy is nothing more than a liar. Just go to the fucking theme park and make a fucking research, just to see what the fucking fuck is going on! Not only he’s a bad scientist and a lazy researcher, but he’s also a very bad inventor. Nearly all of his inventions will break down and cause a serious mess, sometimes something catastrophic enough to destroy the world, and of course it’s up to him to fix the problem he caused. Every single episode is about this! And then he’ll boast that he’s a hero. Yeah, I hate this guy.

But the nail in his coffin is the way he treats his friends. For him, his friends are nothing more than laboratory animals that he can use however he wants to test his stupid inventions and theories. He doesn’t care if the outcome of his experiments will hurt his friends or even destroy their live. He will do what he wants and nothing will stop him. Probably the ultimate example about how disrespectful toward his friends and anybody else he actually is, is the infamous Christmas episode. He refuse to believe that Santa Claus actually exist, even when his own scientific sensors are getting crazy because this idiot is right in front of him! And yes, he almost destroyed Christmas for all. And he escaped from having his ass kicked, like a real karma Houdini. What an assface! His friends, oh the other hand, are much more likeable. Sure they’re lame and silly, but at least they’re not egocentric assholes!

TAoJN is a terrible show and Jimmy Neutron is a terrible role model and an embarrassment of science and knowledge. If you want good edutainment, go watch The Magic School Bus. It’s much more entertaining and educating than a big-head jerk, who despite his “superior” level of intelligence he’s nothing more than a fucking piece of shit, that boasts every single time like an idiot, makes inventions doomed to fail, and treads his best friends like guinea pigs. Sorry for being such an asshole but I can’t feel sympathy for a little kid that make scientists look like horrible fucking idiots!
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mikey

Yeah. Meanwhile it’s only been in the last few years that Sega started actually doing more with their non-Sonic IPs again outside of Sega Superstars, Atlus focuses almost entirely on Persona (and even then they ignore the first two Persona games more often than not), and Capcom is… well, Capcom.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I will agree that Jimmy Neutron wasn’t all that… then again, I barely remember anything about it besides the terrifying CGI. That does not hold up.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide