Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
I think a lot of the features in it are stupid, like endless scrolling for every page, and there are a ton of bugs that have yet to be fixed.

But moreover, I absolutely hate deviantART’s lack of response to any of this. Like, the makers act as if it’s the best thing ever and don’t even seem to be taking it into account that every comment I read about it is saying it sucks. It’s the web design equivalent of “There is no war in Ba Sing Se.”
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

That’s not what I’ve seen. They’ve also indicated that they intend to address the pagination issue, but on the other hand that should’ve been one of the FIRST updates they did while they were testing it (especially since they’ve been testing it for 2-3 years before this permanent changeover).
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Also keep in mind that the “old site” was ITSELF originally an extremely unpopular UI change before folks realized the perks it had compared to previous versions even if some aspects of it were still rather clunky (did “fan art” really need to have its own category AND be a sub-category in at least two other categories?). I’m expecting that the same will happen here.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
Also, they got rid of search options, like you can only search by most popular instead of by latest.

Hey, question: Do you know if non-core members can now post polls? I’ve heard that they can, though I’ve heard varying reports.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@TheHappySpaceman  
You can still look up for most recent, you just have to narrow it down further

Put the name of what you’re searching, click “Deviations” then where it says “recommended for you”, click it and it’ll show a list, including “most recent”, “Recommended for you”, most popular x hours/days, etc
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
Can the word “Misogyny” stop being toss around by almost every single self-proclaimed internet activists, cause it’s already losing its meaning.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@TheHappySpaceman

They can. And that’s something I never understood locking behind a paywall anyway.

Also I just checked and you CAN search for the latest under “most recent”. Look, if you’re going to complain about the actual legit issues with the layout (and I’ve never claimed there aren’t any), at least complain about actual issues instead of outright making things up to make it seem worse than it is.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Anyway, on a different note, Twilight Princess > The Wind Waker. (I’m not actually sure if this is unpopular or not)
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
@Jarkes

Pagination is working for me in there.

But only on searches. for some reason, gallery pages are not subject to it.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Mildgyth

Yeah, that’s what I was referring to (they’re supposed to be implementing pagination in galleries later, but regular searches have had that for a while in this layout).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Sparx

I feel like Wind Waker HD on the Wii U did manage to have more overall improvements from the original compared to Twilight Princess HD (though Twilight Princess HD is still very nice even if I still haven’t completed it despite having bought it when it came out due to playing a bunch of other stuff and not getting around to it).
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
Did it ever occur to you that if I can’t find the place to change search settings to “latest,” it’s because I legitimately can’t find it and not because I’m making stuff up to complain? I really don’t appreciate your accusations.

@Kiryu-Chan  
Thank you, thank you for actually explaining how to do it instead of accusing me of crap.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Jarkes  
Well, as an example, I had this page pulled up. There is nothing there to search by date added. I wouldn’t have even said anything if I knew I needed to click on “Deviations” to see that option, so you’ll forgive me for not catching that.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Jarkes  
As far as I remember, only real improvements needed for TP was making the light bead search faster by lowering the amount needed, something only needed for the first 3 areas(correct me if there were more improvements). In comparison, Windwaker had to improve sailing which was in integral part of the game

Also I agree that TP was better. Only thing WW has is the visuals imo, but otherwise replaying it was really easy and the dungeons weren’t very fun while TP’s are still really good and some of the best in the series
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
Reason I asked about core features, BTW, is because I’m low on money and I’m not sure I want to keep paying deviantART for a core membership if they’ve gotten rid of all the features that drew me to it in the first place.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
And now for a REALLY unpopular opinion: A Link Between Worlds > A Link to the Past.

(I’ve probably posted this one in here before, but fuck it, I do what I want)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide