Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
The 90s and 00s still had outlandish fashion, I can name like 20 bands from that era who dressed up in weird costumes or at least eccentricly , or did you forget about Manson? even one of the bands you posted was known for Their frontman’s Hilarious Chin Piercing

And you still have Power and Black Metal bands dressing up the part
Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@TheHappySpaceman  
i have kind of noticed it too & now that you mention it, you kind of make it seem a little more depressing than it actually is (i don’t mean to blame you or anything, it just came to mind).

besides, there are quite a few bands that either are wearing black but not casual clothes & also wear black as well as a verity of other colours (tho not all at once) on stage. examples: Beast in Black, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Machine Head, Megadeth, Rob Zombie, Twisted Sister (tho no longer active, Dee Snider is still going) & the list goes on.  
those non casual clothes i mentioned earlier, i think the best example i can think of is what you’d see from Wornstar clothing, they have quite the verity of colours as well as styles & such that look a little better & far more interesting & appealing.  
aside from that, it’s the music we really go for, tho it is nice seeing them wear some pretty cool outfits on stage.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Galestorm  
…I don’t know how Judas Priest and Twisted Sister count as examples? I mean, Judas Priest at least had the biker/BDSM leather look, and as for Twisted Sister, well… I think we’ve all seen their music videos. :P

I just think wearing casual clothes on stage is unimaginative, that’s all. Particularly the black T-shirt/denim jeans combo I see so frequently.

@Don’t  
I wasn’t saying they didn’t. And why did David get rid of that piercing anyway?

And the issue is, right, I’m talking about mainstream rock bands here. Black metal and power metal seem a lot more out of the mainstream.
Galestorm
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@TheHappySpaceman  
well, maybe not all of JP but Rob Halford, especially i the last couple of years during the Firepower tour, his outfits or mainly just jackets weren’t all black, he had a silver one with “FIREPOWER” on the back & at the end of the set, he’d wear his long battle vest. as for TS, they’ve not dove into the black t-shirt & jeans thing  
btw, i just re-read your 1st post about it & i may have missed the point & was mainly giving examples of bands who still kind of have that rock fashion look.  
i do understand what you mean tho. with that said, i don’t think it’s mandatory to do so (nor should it be) but it most certainly is nice to see when you can.  
& with the just black jeans & t-shirt being unimaginative, i agree on that, tho it would be nice to have something on the t-shirt whether it be artwork (reapers, dragons, skeletons ect), band logo &/or artwork, festival t-shirt with lineup o the back ect.  
also battle jackets are quite interesting & as far as i’m aware, a few musicians wear them sometimes, Rob Halford, Matt Heafy (Trivium), Cam Pipes (3 Inches of Blood), James Hetfield (Metallica), the guys from Metalucifar & possibly others.  
hope i didn’t go off topic, i just wanted to add a little something to it, especially the battle jackets which kind of make the casual jeans & t-shirt thing a little less dull in a way.

@Thanotos Omega  
ah yes, bands in costume. tho not typically rock fasion, it is quite a thing for most rock/metal bands. Lordi (as pictured), Gwar, Gloryhammer, Wind Rose, Slipknot, Mushroomhead & some others.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
According to him he felt it was too immature for his age(he’s in his 50s now)

And Imagine Dragons used to dress up like Arcade Fire back when they were on Indie records  
full
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, “realness” in music is drastically overrated.

Those are some wild costumes, though. Does make me wonder if they rehearse/record in those costumes, or just rehearse/record in normal clothes.

@Don’t  
Holy crap, there was a woman in the band at one point? TIL.

@Galestorm  
Oh yeah, no, I don’t think it should be mandatory. If bands want to come onstage looking like they just finished an 8 to 5 shift, then that’s their own business. I’m just saying that I prefer when bands dressed like wizards and stuff, because hey… unpopular opinion thread.
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
You know, Star Wars does have a great example of a Mary Sue, but it’s not Rey. I’m talking about the Sun Crusher from Legends. It had the power to destroy suns in one blast, armor that made all but a black hole leave it unscratched, and it was slightly bigger than a starfighter, so it was also quick and nibble. It’s the prime example of having no flaws or weaknesses, and was perfect.
Vivace
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Mandating wearing masks during the pandemic is tyrannical. Not an opinion I share in, but it’s definitely an unpopular one.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
As a reviewer, I support the right to make criticism of movies, shows, albums, literature, games, etc.

That said, if your criticism consists solely of pointing out tropes that appear in it and saying it sucks because of that, it’s not good criticism and you need to do better.
Don't

Get up and Jump
@TheHappySpaceman  
Tropes being bad is like one of the most Psuedo intellectual arguement a person can make

Just smugly point out a trope and pretend it makes whatever you are criticizing invalid , that’s ironically a trope among YouTube Reviewers
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
@Don’t  
You really should learn about the origins of the DotA, since the guy also talks about critics in his time as being more interested in criticizing the invalid due to it being easier and makes “conquering” them easier as well. It’s nothing new, as you like to think.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Don’t  
That’s basically what I was saying. Even a trope as cliche and widespread as the Four Chords of Pop can be effective when used well–that’s basically the reason some tropes become so popular to begin with.

@Mildgyth  
That too. Just because something uses tropes does not automatically make it bad.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario  
Oh, and people seriously need to understand these tropes before they just start saying everything is a trope. Like, just because a gay character dies in any media doesn’t automatically mean it’s a Bury Your Gays moment, and just because a character has traits that make them powerful and competent does not make them a Mary-Sue.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide