Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Zincy  
And you have been asleep for a while. So I guess it’s actually pretty funny when you do the math.

Sorry I had to finish that portal 2 quote. :p
deactivated103f39d

@EquusStorm
You should watch more black African American comedies then.

Not funny. Racism ended years ago. Both races got together, in peace. People like you want to bring racism back. The hard work to bring everyone together gets shredded as if it was nothing, a joke.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
It was never funny, Myoozik.

It can still be funny, it’s that the majority that I see now from memes and other stuff mostly go towards being offensive rather than having some sort of punchline. I can laugh at 9/11 jokes, dead baby jokes and racist jokes every now and then, but it’s the execution that counts to me.

@Gameplay The Pony  
Oh how we all wished that was the case back then.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
It depends on the delivery and who it’s coming from really. A really racist joke from a legitimate racist in bad intentions is upsetting, but then we have stuff like Blazing Saddles where it’s played to expose the ridiculousness of racism itself is pretty entertaining. As a white cis male sure it’s easy to say I don’t get offended but dark humor is an excellent if morbid coping mechanism.

I give y’all permission to make as much dark humor as possible from it if I die in a really amusing way.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
@EquusStorm  
Etika (when he was still alive) was a master of dark humor. He’d say a lot of screwed-up s###, but it was never in a hurtful way, and it made a lot of people laugh as a result.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Myoozik  
Funnily enough Mel Brooks himself has been trying to make a more “modern” version of Blazing Saddles called “Blazing Samurai”.

Except replace the Old West with Feudal Japan and make everyone animated cats :P

But FR i feel like given some of the humor from it, a lot of peple would be up an arms over Blazing Saddles even ignoring the context of the movie, that the people making the racist jokes are a bunch of idiots that have bad things happen to them)
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
Huh, I’m surprised you’re agreeing. Cool!

@Zincy  
Fair enough. It’s just that I don’t wanna hear about the “woes” of someone who can get two lovers when most people can’t even get one. Plus every love triangle could be solved by them all agreeing just to have an orgy. :P
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
I was surprised because you like The Legend of Korra. (But then again, from what I’ve seen, most people, even fans, agree that the love triangle was one of the weakest parts of that show. In fact, that’s probably the only thing that fans and haters of Korra can agree upon.)

Honestly, it bums me out how so many writers of movie and TV series seem to be completely unable to write stable, healthy relationships, because they keep resorting to the same old, played-out drama.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Thanotos Omega  
Agreed.

And this comes from someone who is salty about Eden Sher’s career being cut short thanks to SVTFOE slander. (Not to mention she will never be in the MCU thanks to The Middle being produced by WB (owners of DC Comics) rather than ABC) And speaking of Ladybug, I knew this would happen regarding the whole “MCs dating someone else rather than each other” trope that ruined the former show, and is ruining not just the latter show but it will likely will do the same with Aggretsuko since Retsuko is always finding someone else other than Haida.

We need more people who can learn from Rebecca Sugar the next time they go to serialized animation. Because at least, whether people like Steven Universe or not, at least she made Connie wait for the right time to date Steven instead of saying “imma date anyone else other than my true love just to make him suffer lol”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide