Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Galestorm
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

Monocle Gentlesir
@Sparx  
indeed they are. very cult-like too, like k-pop fans

@TheHappySpaceman  
that’s exactly right. the way she’s handling it trying to be cool with a piss poor excuse of a gotcha kind of comeback is just plain sad & immature & it just shows that she isn’t as strong as she likes to think herself as.  
i don’t listen to her music & i don’t really know You Belong With Me, is it really that bad (or actually toxic)?
Background Pony #967B
I might be a noob Sonic fan, but the fact that people complain about Elise kissing Sonic and make jokes about humans kissing animals is to me utterly ridiculous. I mean Sonic is basically a human in an animal form with intelligence and emotions. And also I can’t name any on the tip of my tongue but I’m pretty sure there are humans kissing anthro animals in movies people just accept. I think the only reason why people complain is because they already are negative to the game and want to exaggerate complaints.

It’s okay to complain about the relationship itself but saying “hurtey durr bestiality lol” is to me stupid.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
It’s a real life looking human kissing a cartoon hedgehog in a serious and dramatic manner. It looks so fucking stupid yet the game plays it straight and expects us to take it seriously. That’s the reason everyone mocks it

That’s not even factoring the fact that Elise is kind of shit anyway

It’s not even one Sonic having a human girlfriend is foreign, I believe he had one(or they planned to give him one) during the Genesis days, but she was a gorgeous super-model type, likely a homage to Jessica Rabbit. And people didn’t seem to bothered by it because it wasn’t meant to be taken seriously
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
The original design was kind of oversexualized, but there are some questions about whether making her flat-chested is itself setting a double standard for modern, feminist depictions of characters. Which is certainly a worthwhile conversation to have, and a question I’ve had about recent media for a while.

But that’s not what anyone is talking about, because from what I’ve seen, everyone upset about Lola’s design collectively needs to go to horny jail.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Kiryu-Chan  
I don’t mind the design not being sexy, but the question I’ve heard discussed in feminist circles basically boils down to the recent trend of more female cartoon characters being flat-chested (even grown adults) and whether that’s a double standard and a bad example to be setting for younger girls.

Because on the one hand, it’s staying away from sexualization, which is good, but on the other hand, the message it’s sending is one of “larger breasts = sexualized” regardless of the context, which can be damaging for girls growing up.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Silent_Witness  
That too. A very convincing piece of fanart, mind you, but still.

@Penguin Dragneel  
Yeah, it’s pretty damaging to anyone who may be well-endowed.

I actually have a friend who (TW) got large breasts at 15 or something and her mom tried to force her to get a breast reduction because apparently just having big breasts was too sexual. This mindset is toxic.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Penguin Dragneel  
Which is precisely why I am choosing to abstain from involving myself in this, or any other discussion regarding character is being re-designed to be less sexualized. No amount of arguing is going to change anyone’s mind regardless of what side of the debate the stand on. Besides, there are better ways to spend my time aside from getting upset about it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide