Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario
I know a Minecraft roleplay machinima franchise and a light novel franchise are two different things, I’m just saying about the whole “forced” thing in regards to the two pairings I mentioned.
And I think what led me to this opinion expressed here hours ago is this tumblr post and the fact that a gay ship like Lumity is healthy and therefore it makes me think that people will say “gay healthy, straight toxic” and bash another Disney show that I shouldn’t mention.
Don’t get me wrong, I ship Lumity and it’s one of my OTPs, but that doesn’t mean I want people to think all straight relationships in fiction are toxic, because not all of them is unhealthy and not all LGBT pairs are healthy, ask anyone who hates Catradora.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Meanlucario
And this is why I thought, and I meant it in a PAST TENSE before you start getting angry at me, that Disney is ignoring heterosexuality after Star VS. and Lumity influenced all mainline ships to be LGBT in future Disney media, let alone The Owl House with ships like Raeda (nonbinary x female) destroying the “Eda being Stan’s ex-wife” crossover theory.
Keyword being thought because A) I didn’t know that Dana Terrace is queer and she was fighting for LGBT rep and it wasn’t the SVTFOE hatedom that made me think everyone in TOH will be LGBT in canon, especially Eda (bi) and Lilith (aroace). And B) People are now shipping Huntlow, which compared to Lumity (girl x girl also OTP) and Raeda (nonbinary x woman), it’s a boy x girl ship that popularized after the episode Any Sport of a Storm. (I still don’t ship it though, i prefer Huntmira bc same age)
Those things led my worries to die, especially since Amphibia also has straight main ships like Sprivy and Anne’s Parents.
The only worry I have to face if Encanto makes more media or a sequel is if Isabela will be gay or aroace, which I prefer the latter. But that’s another story.
Tldr, I did realize Disney isn’t ignoring heterosexuality. Especially when people are now tired of the friends to lovers cliché with straight ships or no ship in future media has no heterosexual explanation.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Since you mentioned Catradora …

Obligatory
Even shows like She-Ra which are poster children of the new age of non standard relationships in entertainment, the vast majority of the relationships in the shows are still Heterosexual and monogamous.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Admittedly, some of the ostensibly Hetero ships in that show were not what you might normally call “straight” …
Plus whatever the fuck Scorpio’s and Emily’s admittedly adorable but slightly codependent ship was all about …
When you’ve got horses and furniture that can pass the Cpt Jack Harkness test, it being a show with Lesbian furries is just the beginning of the things that can happen
Not sure I remember what the point was …
Oh, right, something about worrying that people think that all straight relationships in fiction are toxic
Who actually thinks or says that all straight relationships in fiction are toxic?
Why would you even bother listening to anyone who says shit like that?
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Well, Entrapta is such a nerd and newb with anything involving “other people that she didn’t build in her lab”, and Horak is so eager to please, and Wrong Horak is his own special work of art … whatever they do it’s probably going to be pretty interesting.
There’s rumors of another season maybe in the works, so maybe we’ll get some canon of how they work that triangle out.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide