Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Am I the only one who finds it to be a backhanded compliment when reviewers would praise a movie or anime for having great visuals but a bad story and characters as a backhanded compliment?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@TheHappySpaceman
That is true.
I’m not blaming the reviewer.
In fact I meant for it to be more about the movie. When I watched a review about Fantastic Beasts by Entertain the Elk, I believe he said how the characters and story failed but he gave some compliments like about the visuals.
Or how one review praised Bleach’s artstyle but criticized its characters.
What I was saying was that if the only thing a property has going for are its visuals, I don’t see that movie or manga or whatever as something very good.
To me good stories and characters are the most important aspects. Everything else is of secondary importance.
Penguin Dragneel
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
I actually didn’t mind the ending for Persona 5 Royal.
Is it dissapointing that the MC wasn’t able to go with his friends on a road-trip back home like in the original? Yes. But I do think it ties in nicely with the themes of the Third Semester, namely that though reality can often be tough and upsetting, it’s how you deal with it and preservere through it that shows the kind of person you are. You just gotta accept it, and do your best to work through it.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
Sometimes historical myths have their own beauty to them. Just like the legend of George Washington and him fessing up to dad after he cut down his dad’s favorite tree whose only reliable source is from an anonymous old lady who claimed to be friends with the Washingtons.
But even if this legend might be dismissed nowadays, I think there is a beauty to myths. People are so fixated on the truth and realism, they forget the beauty of tales.
We should search for the truth and try to find out whether claims are true or not, but I still think even historically inaccurate tales like Richard III by Shakespere has its own charm.
Maybe even Braveheart from 1995 if you see it as more myth than history. Although it is annoying that they could not have at least had a bridge in the Battle of Stirling. Historical details like that could enhance the mythical feeling.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Meanlucario
Agreed. What I’m saying applies mostly looking back to tales in hindsight that have already happened.
But when we ourselves are making something about history, we have to try to give ourselves a higher standard. So that the new myths people will remember will be true myths.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
“The manbabies” seem like a dumb group to advocate against. It automatically stereotypes anyone who has a complaint with something as being a whiny loser who just hates everything.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario
Whenever something new comes out online, there are often people who will claim, on Twitter at least, that “the manbabies” are upset about it, and that the only people who could criticize or dislike it are a group of overgrown lowlifes who whine about everything yet presumably have the power to control the discourse on every new piece of media that is released.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@TheHappySpaceman
Ah. Sounds more like they like X (or want to profit off of it in cases like NFTs), and want an excuse to ignore criticism or shame those who don’t like it. People put too much value in what they like (at least religion is part of how you view the world and affects how you live your life).
Meanlucario
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
You know what I hate? Groups who refuses to judge their own group. I hate the hypocrisy of calling out every flaw of another group while drowning in their own group’s sins. It’s just an echo chamber at that point, and why nothing is actually fixed.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
All this talk about Morbius being a terrible movie means nothing to me since I see the majority of superhero movies as interchangeable from one another
Meanlucario
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Time to get spooky
Grimdark is bad when it’s boring. Warhammer 40K proves that grimdark can be fun, but it’s the exception it feels like.
Background Pony #224C
I thought Disney Star wars was better than the original until the third. That is not a joke.
The original was just so vanilla and Luke was so bland that I genuinely found it boring even as a kid. Every time I looked at the expanded universe it was just…bad. Prequels were the middest mid.
Force Awakens was fun popcorn movie, Last Jedi had a good story and actually decided to finally change the status quo, and….then Rise of Skywalker said “Fuck that moving forward bullshit. Nostalgia then! Nostalgia now! Nostalgia forever!”
Dex Stewart
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Background Pony #224C
Kinda my feelings on the sequel trilogy. Except while I thought Last Jedi had interesting concepts, I didn’t think any worked. Rise was just bad. I think most fans agree. Even the ones who love the sequels.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Pone of Astronomy
@Background Pony #224C
The sequels are poorly written and Rey is a mary-sue.
And Force Awakens is an almost shot for shot remake of A New Hope. You cannot look at the sequels and tell me they are well written stories. You’re allowed to like them but there is no way they are better than the originals or even the Prequels. There was no planning, there was no thought put into connecting all 3 together. Characters are shoehorned in the original characters were shells. They’re soulless cash grabs to milk the franchise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide