Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ayriana
One of my biggest issue with the sequels is also just, how the fuck did the New Republic fall that fast and the First Order gets as powerful as it does for no reason at all?
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I have issues with music fans’ statements that entire bands are just ripoffs of entire other bands. It feels very reductive to the acts of all the artists involved as well as music as a whole. Bands and artists can take inspiration from other bands and artists without their entire acts being a ripoff.
Now individual songs can be a ripoff of other songs, but that’s a much easier metric to figure out.
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Mikey
Doesn’t change what is in the movies. Also, acting like using the force to choke people was just an “dead religion” in New Hope, remember? 20 years isn’t that long.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
On my previous note: Calling Greta Van Fleet a ripoff of Led Zeppelin is kind of hilarious considering how many songs Led Zeppelin literally ripped off without crediting the original songwriters.
Thanotos Omega
Wallet After Summer Sale -

@Mikey
They actualy gave a very good reason why the new republic fell so fast, it only had a limited fleet to help avoid a hostile military take over, common tactic when a democrocy sets up is to demilitarize to avoid a Napoleon event, that military power was mostly in the system the starkiller destroyed and was caught in the blast, with them gone the main imperial remnants finally threw in with the first order swelling it’s ranks and remember 1 Imperial 2 star destroyer was often enough to control several systems, a resurgent can do even more since they have hyper drive equipped fighters to handle recon and the dreadnaughts to over power planetary shielding,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Meanlucario
Luke didn’t overcome everything in front of him at every turn and his first lightsaber battle was very amateur, Rey literally had everything handed to her with no effort, she beat Kylo, someone who was skilled in the dark side, and had plenty of training, and it was her first duel. Yes he was wounded but force users are incredibly resilient. Luke barely kept up with Vader and was easily beaten. Even in Return of the Jedi, he only overcame Vader by giving into his anger.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
While on the subject: Disney kind of sucks! I mean they’re a (now) creatively bankrupt company whose only making money because it owns a good chunk of Hollywood and they’re a notorious patent/copyright troll. It’s a shell of its former self, as far as I’m concerned.
Thanotos Omega

@Mikey
Kylo wasn’t just wounded, he was hit by a anti tank weapon, was having his mind waver when killing his dad didn’t give him the release he thought it would he keeps hitting the wound to keep his powers going through shear pain because none of his other sources are working, was further put off his game by his toying with Finn back firing and him getting another wound, was under orders to get her alive after having already pissed off Snoke, and Rey was a girl who grew up with a at best negligent surrogate parent on a planet full of dangerous criminals, she probably saw more combat before that fight then Anakin did before Episode 3, with a weapon that’s use can be applied here, she also has had years of passive training honing her abilities as she avoided danger while salvaging,
Mikey
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Thanotos Omega
Yeah but skilled in the force? Also, I don’t know about Anakin, he fought in the Clone Wars in many battles, I think he’d have seen more than her.
Also, doesn’t the sequels take place over a year?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Meanlucario
I never understood Disney fanboys, TBH.
I’m not talking about people who like a lot of Disney properties, because after all, they have some good stuff. There’s a reason I own both of the Fantasia movies on VHS, DVD, and Blu-ray. I’m talking about the people who just worship and love everything Disney does regardless of quality. Not because it’s good, but because it’s from Disney. It just seems to me that it’s no different from Apple fanboys. It’s encouraging them that they don’t have to make stuff of quality, and that they can just poop out whatever while charging increasing prices for it and people will buy it regardless.
Thanotos Omega

@Mikey
The force can passively aid untrained individuals by seemingly giving them really good luck or instincts, and i said before episode 3 under the belief that movie accomplishments would be the main focus, in episode 2 he was seasoned sure but he also had Obi-Wan, and again in Kylo’s condition even Yoda and Sidious would have to put in some real effort against a decently skilled opponent, Rey was already a skilled melee fighter in excellent condition who had already won a mental battle with Kylo who again was lucky top even be alive,
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@TheHappySpaceman
I guess it’s just them not letting go of their nostalgia. Like you said Disney has some good stuff, and a lot of people watched them when they were young. So instead of growing up and seeing Disney is a hollow shell of it former self, they latch onto it with rose-tinted glasses trying to relive childhood.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide