Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Here’s a hot take: I don’t think MGK’s attitude (that got him ousted from both the hip hop and rock scenes) was that terribly bad.
Was it rude? Yes. Would I have done it? No. But in the grand scheme of things, that was nothing. If anything, he would have fit right in the 1980s, when guys like Mötley Crüe, Guns N’ Roses, and Skid Row were always mouthing off about other artists. Heck, even Nirvana got some of that in. And you go back even farther, to the ’70s or even the ’50s, oh boy. Some of what they said and did back then…
I think it’s just that the attitudes and behavior expected of rock stars has changed significantly since then.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@TheHappySpaceman
I don’t know, even way back then I still think that musicians going off against each other is just petty, from rock stars to even rappers with diss tracks. Depending on what the drama is, it just makes all sides look like defensive whiners that doesn’t make their image look good. At worst, it’ll just date your work.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
The only things i know about MGK was he was on WWE once and got booed and literally thrown off stage by one of the wrestlers, he and Megan Fox apparently enjoy cutting themselves and drinking eachothers blood, and that he said he had the hots for Eminem’s daughter when she was still underage and he was in his 20s.
So yeah, this all really isn’t giving me a good impression of the guy.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icicle wicicle 1517
He’s mostly infamous in the rock community for dissing Slipknot. In the rap community he’d previously gone after Eminem. Neither one went particularly well.
@Myoozik
It’s strange, Kurt Cobain was notoriously very vocal about what musicians he didn’t like, but people don’t seem to bring that up very often.
Dex Stewart
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
Why are tie shoes so commonplace? It seems to me that when Velcro was invented tie shoes should’ve slowly been phased away. But tie shoes are what’s seen as “normal”. Velcro shoes are seen as immature for some reason.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Dex Stewart
I think it’s because it’s seen as childish, since wearing Velcro implies that you don’t know how to keep your shoes tied.
Worth noting that tying one’s shoes is something autistic people often struggle with. Albert Einstein frequently had his shoes untied. I wore Velcro until I decided that if I wanted to be popular and seem normal, I should start wearing shoes with laces like everyone else. So yeah, IMO there’s a lot of anti-autism rhetoric behind it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Until recently, good quality velcro was more expensive.
That, and velcro can often be more easy opened with repeated downward force, such as the bending on a foot arch.
It’s a case of “simple is best” in that tying is the more simple, but generally more effective option because it holds better to multiple kinds of sheer force.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide