Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I wonder if Shrek the Third would have been better if Fiona and Shrek decided to go with Artie instead of Donkey and Puss.
It could have given Fiona some much needed character depth as perhaps a softer motherly figure to contrast with the more down to earth Shrek.
I’ll be honest I dont hate Shrek the Third like other people. I think it has a good idea of fatherhood but executed poorly in terms of directing.
It would have been nice to have seen more scenes of Shrek’s abusive dad too to see how far Shrek has grown.
edit: Sidenote, when talking about Shrek the Third, can be people be a little less dramatic about it being so awful and just it’s eh?
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

To me, the problem with the film was related to pacing issues and unfunny dialogue. They have all these characters and they did very little with them. Not to mention that we haven’t got a new villain. The prince made sense in Shrek 2, but in the third one he’s not as funny as he was.
It would have been nice to have seen more scenes of Shrek’s abusive dad too to see how far Shrek has grown.
No.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I don’t think Shrek the Third was awful, I think it was just average and boring. Kinda like an Illumination movie.
Hopefully the fourth film will be better.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Shrek has the issues of his gimmick not being as funny the second and third and fourth time
Especially when Pop Songs dance scenes went from being something done to mock Disney to being the standards in 3D movies. And a lot of the tropes that Shrek mocked were no longer that used when his sequels were released and instead animated Movies were more similar to Shrek.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Myoozik
Well to be more specific, Shrek was displeased at how things as a new family man are. The trigger being how the party was so poorly organized and there was also a rude kid.
And he wished he could be feared and alone for one day like the olden days before Shrek 1. And he signed a deal with some guy whose name is too hard to pronouce.
And he learns to appreciate the life he had as with his friends and family.
And thus he resumes his children’s party like before happily.
So I think so. Of course I agree he was in the wrong for blowing his fuse and making that deal with Rumpelstilskin. But I think that it would have been nice if people learned to respect Shrek’s boundaries.
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
I’m annoyed by how often in fandoms, when a certain fanart depiction of a character becomes popular, every other fan depiction of that character is suddenly based on that.
While it can sometimes have good effects, e.g. Scottish Pokémon trainer Gloria, it usually sucks because the depictions that become popular are ridiculously OOC from their original character and barely resemble the character in the slightest.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Sparx
There are some examples that bug me, when something becomes viral and then it suddenly becomes impossible to find recent art that isn’t like that. Like for example, there’s one artist (I’m pretty sure it’s an NSFW artist) who draws Toph Beifong from Avatar as a busty goth bimbo with black lipstick, and now a vast majority of recent fanart of adult Toph is based on that depiction. (Which I personally find super OOC as well.)
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I don’t know, man. If anything, I figured she’d b a metalhead, since, y’know, metalbending and all.
@Meanlucario
Guess that’s their only reason for it.
C’mon, guys, you have Raven! What more do you need?
@Lord WyrmSpawN
As someone who tends to value accuracy when it comes to characters’ personalities, I can’t say I’m the biggest fan, but you do you.
(And also, Toph wouldn’t wear lipstick on any kind of regular basis. Full-stop.)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide