Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Now I wanna watch The Last Airbender. Hopefully it’s not a too long series.
Ehhhh… TBC, people at the time did apparently get upset and offended by Toph, but those were on smaller forums and their voices weren’t boosted loud enough to really matter, unlike nowadays where every hot take gets amplified.
But yes, Avatar is a fantastic show. Absolutely worth watching.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
I’ve only been on Instagram for three or four months and I’m getting more requests from single moms than I’d like. It’s amazing how quickly they ask what you do and whether you’re married or have any children. It makes you feel like a piece of meat being inspected for … Whatever. ;-)
Too bad that they have no chance with me, because I am convinced single and not the slightest interested in any kind of romantic relationship. (grin) ^^
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Sowohl als auch. Both. And of course you can recognize the bots quite quickly by the way you “talk” to them in the chat. Feels like a funny Turing test. ;-)
But in my opinion there are A.) the bots, B.) the “hired” ones and C.) the really (desperately?) interested single moms (at this point here a statement on my part that I respect these women as well as have complete understanding for their situation - I was quasi in this position myself; long story)
I mean, please don’t get me wrong. I’ve been on the internet for over 25 years. Bots and hired ones can’t even get a tired smile out of me. What worries and grieves me are really these women who are obviously getting their hopes up (which I really give NO ONE based on my profile; a mix of nerd/work/moments).
But neither am I willing to back down, nor change anything about who or what I am. I just can’t understand how people seem to try to hit on you about your social profile. What kind of relationship is supposed to come out of that? Uch… I think I’m just too old. All I want is friendship and the freedom to express myself. If this keeps up, I’m going to raise the asexual flag. Not because I’m “really” asexual. But I have absolutely no interest in any social contact over the internet beyond the mundane and common friendship. Heck, some of my best friends I have never seen, but we have a strong bond nevertheless.
But, and this is my unpopular opinion: if I now have to justify myself as a man (as a human being) for not being a mere piece of meat just because I have an online account, then in my opinion there is something ENTIRELY wrong with the internet. And that has nothing to do with ME being old. It has something to do with OTHERS obviously having a problem with social media. ’Tschuldigung. :-/
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
Being somebody that hangs around a lot of military people, a lot of them seem to believe that a war between the US and China is inevitable. Personally though, I don’t think that’s ever going to happen, or at least, not anytime soon. China is just too valuable as a source of cheap labor and as a foreign market for American businesses to ever risk alienating them, especially when an alternative market isn’t available. Or at least, no cheap alternative market is available.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
@Silent_Witness
Military people believe that a world where China replaces the US as the dominant superpower is a world not worth living in and are willing to destroy it to ensure it doesn’t happen.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
So far driving cars is only a small deficit on carbon footprint.
A lot of electricity still comes from burning coal and gas.
Having to make new cars for everyone is going to have a huge carbon footprint.
These high capacity batteries require a lot of mining for rare metals.
Seems like they’ll be inevitable soon though. What other choice do we got? I know most people are going to be forced to live in cities soon.
phoenixacezero
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@NitroFury
You have to be careful when charging, you have to worry about the power grid overloading especially in summer where everyone going full blast on fans and air conditioners, plus charging them can take long.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@NitroFury
You have to be careful when charging, you have to worry about the power grid overloading especially in summer where everyone going full blast on fans and air conditioners, plus charging them can take long.
Don’t forget the brutal Summer heat and harsh Winter cold that can cause problems.
Beth
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Lord WyrmSpawN
I really think it’s desperation at this point. I have no faith that whatever is going on is sustainable for even 30 more years. We’re already seeing huge ecological disasters being covered up, because mass panic is bad for business.
@Meanlucario
You mean gas or electric. These electric ones do have a slightly smaller carbon footprint, and can decouple natural gas from our transportation in time. Right now I think they’re mostly still experimental , and not everyone can afford a new car, so I don’t care what people do.
If you where being sarcastic, some large amount of greenhouse gas comes from agriculture. Electricity and heat are a third of it (kinda large oof for electric cars)
@phoenixacezero
You mean like concentration of waste and that heat island phenomena? More traffic or crime related dangers? We talking ecological, or sociological danger?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide