Vent thread

RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Wallet After Summer Sale -

So many orphans~Alastor
@TheMagpulPone  
No. Not “Oh well I guess”. Climate Change is happening. The problem I have with Climate Change isn’t just because its a problem, but because there are a lot of people who believe if we don’t cripple ourselves and our economy that we will all die and go extinct in less than a generation.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
The planet has had over 5c and did not become a venus-like planet that many are saying will happen. And that doesn’t get into how it was back before the last ice age over 10000-14000 years ago.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

When the planet hit a 5c increase it lost 50% of its biomass and had massive die offs.

Also, it hit a 5c increase over a very long time, not within 100 years.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
We might not even get that high if fusion actually becomes a viable source of energy. Beside 2c is already inevitable at this point unless we can decrease it by other means.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

2c is only locked in if we do nothing. We can actually keep it lower, but it requires rethinking things.

Listen, I’m going to explain something in a way that is not fearmongering nor hyperbole.

3c would be disastrous. No, it won’t make the planet like Venus, but it could cripple society. The strip of the Earth from the equator to around both the tropics would soar to temperatures in-conducive to human life. Over a billion people live there currently, where do you think they’ll go?

When real, actual scientists say that a 3c increase is catastrophic, we are not doing so to fearmonger. We are not saying it will lead to extinction, nor a Venus Earth. But, the world it leaves in its wake is not a pretty picture.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
I’m pretty sure if things actually got to some kind of critically dangerous point, at the very least the US Government would have ideas on how to help using more “exotic” methods. It’s not a conspiracy theory anymore that the United States was and did successfully experiment with weather manipulation technology and admitted so before congress in a meeting with members of the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency. For all you know, they already have a some kind of backup plan.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@TheMagpulPone

The government can’t even balance a budget without tripping over themselves. I don’t trust them to fix this problem, it’s on all of us.

@Ainz Ooal Gown

Because as you pointed out above, emotion sales. We were being taxed less by Britain than any other colony, but blowing up the tax thing pushed a revolution. Germany was nowhere close to an atom bomb, but the fear of that created the Manhattan Project.

Politicians are salesmen, they embellish, it’s what they do. Sometimes they hit the nail on the head, sometimes they don’t.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@TheMagpulPone  
Pushing for nuclear would be a bridge-gap would be a good starter. At least until we get either fusion or a more efficient energy maker. That and more efficient batteries.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
The only thing that concerns me is that one side wants to cripple the economy to fix this problem. With the possibility that it can put us into a permanent depression.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

I won’t get into that here. This isn’t the politics thread and I care very little about discussing it.

All that is relevant here, in this thread, is the facts as they are presented.
TheMagpulPone
Artist -

Dynamic Pie
@Zincy  
Technically the agency that ran the program was a unique entity that excels at stream lining projects without red tape or government oversight. They could pull it off. Of course, the catch would be that the technology would also have weapons application.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I got drunk for the first time ever last saturday and I’m finding myself craving that sweet oblivion again.

I can see how easy it is to become an alcoholic now.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Went to take out the recycling last night and the bugs came flocking towards me like I’m a lighthouse. I’m still itching in some parts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide