Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

In-group/out-group bias taken to its logical extreme.

With the added spice of the ever popular Just World Hypothesis and teleological thinking.

“My side is right always, your side is wrong always, and this is how it is ordained by nature/God/history”.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
Even I know objectivism isn’t the true state of the world. But these people think that this “Just World” hypothesis is something they believe and its the end all be all of their thought process? Come to think of it that’s the way I act when I get worked up about something I believe in albeit differently.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Many of the psychological biases that aided out ancestors have been rendered obsolete in a modern, pluralized society.

We still have the brains of rock-smashing hunter gatherers. Only difference is now we can split the atom.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

It’s a favorite of evangelicals as well. In fact, the name comes from a famous Christian thinker, John Bradford, who was one of the thinkers that proposed the idea that you “deserve” your place in the world. I.e., the world is inherently just, therefore if you are poor/in jail/sick it is your fault.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
Except it’s not a just world. Being poor can come from many different reasons. Some the fault of the person and some not. Jail is the same, except where criminal acts are concerned of course, unless you are falsely accused and are sent to prison. As for sickness? Can be accidental or delibrate depending on the circumstances. Typhoid Mary comes to mind.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Ainz Ooal Gown

They would argue that it is part of Gods plan, or that it is divine punishment for an otherwise sinful life.

Or, the more common refrain of the JWH lately, one that a former member of this very site was a fan of, is the “you’re poor because you’re too lazy to get a job”. The same shit, just a different, less religious, asshole.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Can only white people be racist

The answer is clearly no, but it’s kind of funny from what many have seen in recent years.

Mostly the people that Need racism, will make anything a racist issue no matter what, because it’s the only thing they have to use, (much like with sexism, victimhood and the such) and 9 times if not 10 out of 10- Those people tend to be the most racist while believe they’re a “moral good”

The “white savior” as it is, will act only to show how virtuous they are “I didn’t pick you because of your credentials, I picked you because you’ll make me look good. I love me!” Or those that believe that those people are too ignorant to know right from wrong, we should think for them. Blatantly trying to take away the agency, because they believe they are to Shepard those to the right path- and any that don’t aren’t worthy of any sort of protection against the supposed “Bigotry” they go on about fighting and usually sling it at them.

All this talk about “representation” is a great example of racism. They just give hand-me-down tokenized characters and say it’s for representation, in stead of developing new characters and having them stand entirely on their own. It’s almost a-kin giving table scraps to a staving person with bits of meat on the bone and brag about “I helped the poor.”

The biggest thing they will always project it all onto others they’ve deemed acceptable targets.

We saw this with another incident where many calling people who were just fed up with how they were portrayed by those meant to be their voice, and in time; Many were and had done the horrible actions they claimed the other of being.

And they hate the mirror.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Ainz Ooal Gown  
Difference cultures, at different times, have different opinions about what constitutes “race”.

100 years ago, the Irish and Italians were considered “Black” on U.S. census forms, and Italians were not allowed to marry “Whites”.

In Japan everyone grew up being able to tell the difference between the different places the Japanese people came from.

I came to be able to recognize the differences between the different Japanese races and Koreans and Chinese and some Philippines and people from Taiwan. For me the differences were unbelievably subtle until I started “getting it”. After I’d been there long enough I was finally able to sort out the “What am I supposed to think about this person” so I could at least use the right verb forms.

Because even in Japan you don’t want to sound like you’re from their version of “the Ozarks” if you want people to take you seriously.

I remember sitting in a bar talking with a friend about trying to figure out how to tell whether someone is Korean or not, because at the time that was the BIG thing that you were supposed to keep straight. And in the middle of talking he realized I had a different skin color than him and he said; “Oh my god you’re white! I’d forgotten”. Which was fine, because, like, he was ok with me being light skinned and I’d forgiven him for being an Australian. So it was cool.

You get into a place like Japan, where all of the bigotries are COMPLETELY different - like, not even close to what you grew up with - and all of a sudden you find yourself caring a heck of a lot less about the things your folks or home town taught you about “who to look out for”.
Joseph Raszagal

Emily Brickenbrackle III
@Zincy  
I’ve always considered that kind of thinking to be very backwards, borderline dangerous even. It’s just victim blaming, really. There’s far too many situations in our modern world where terrible circumstances can befall people who have otherwise attempted to lead stable and constructive lives:

War, famine, disease, mental illness, etc.

If Ibrahim gets shot to death in Syria because of an out-of-the blue resource raid on his village by a religious extremist group, it’s somehow his fault?

If Petra discovers that she’s been rendered infertile due to genetic mutations passed down to her from her biological mother as a result of radiation poisoning from the Chernobyl disaster, it’s her fault that she can’t have children?

If Kenichi’s been left homeless due to an 8.0 Earthquake suddenly sacking rural Osaka, it’s his fault?

I’m havin’ none of that hogwash, yo.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Derpy Whooves
They are highly racist towards people from china and korea if I am not mistaken. And vice versa as well. There she is!! flash animation exemplifies this fact actually.

In retrospect that makes sense.

Here i was thinking it was Zootopia rules before Zootopia.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

Man, my stomach has been gurgly for days now…. If I wasn’t so broke, I’d have gotten a bottle of Pepto…

The cherry flavor. Because I’m not a barbarian.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide