Vent thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
My parents are confusing.

They basically insisted that I move back in with them until the virus clears up, as they think that I’m not safe at my old apartment. Yet now that I’m here, they take up my time, criticize how many gigabytes of internet I use per day (which is necessary for my classwork), and won’t even cook vegetarian options for me despite knowing that I don’t usually eat meat.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
yesterday at the store, there were these girls with full-on hazmat gas masks.

I don’t know how effective they were by comparison, but i certainly envied them for owning such things.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@WyrmSpawN  
The main thing that bothers me is the bit about the internet. My parents only have a 100 GB cap per month, which is okay except both my mom and I have to do web conferences (me for my classes, her for her work). This significantly limits everything else we can do in terms of internet usage, and my parents are starting to get on my case for using a lot, not seeming to understand that I have to.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
full

“I will not allow criticizing artists”? First of all, criticism is the tool through which art is improved. No artist would ever get better unless people criticized them.

And secondly, what you’re doing is literally the definition of fandom gatekeeping, you idiot.
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
full
“I will not allow criticizing artists”? First of all, criticism is the tool through which art is improved. No artist would ever get better unless people criticized them.

That’s not true, some artists actually got better by ignoring criticism
Don't
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
Although what I mean is that it’s not always 100% true  
There’s a huge difference between constructive criticism and shitty Criticism , your video seems more of the former
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@icey wicey 1517  
Oh yeah, I hate the bull…

I remember being told I was not a “True Sonic SatA.M. fan,” because I also like the Sonic games, and comics.  
If being a “true fan” means you can only like one canon, or only one version of something, then I don’t wanna be one.

In fact, honestly most self-proclaimed “True fans” (especially in regards to Sonic fans, and bronies) actually act more like the hate most of said series, then like it.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Broken Adam  
Yeah, bad criticism would be something like Dave Marsh’s reviews or the Nostalgia Critic’s The Wall. Just like how there’s good art and bad art, there’s also good art criticism and bad art criticism. But at its best, criticism can do something like taking Muse from Showbiz to Black Holes and Revelations. I’ve even had a fair amount of criticism of my own videos that’s helped me get better.

@WyrmSpawN  
Indeed, LMAO. And I literally don’t have an oversized ego; quite the opposite, in fact. I have serious anxiety when filming my videos.

@Beau Skunky  
Yeah, what @icey wicey 1517 said. In this case, it’s “You’re not a true fan of Muse if you’re critical of their work.”

Also, just… if you don’t want criticism on musical artists, don’t go to videos criticizing musical artists. When I see a video attacking artists I like, I just scroll past it and move on.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide