Vent thread

WhiteCheddaPikachu
Artist -

Loves Cheese
I was very disappointed to see an artist I liked making a mouthpiece out of a character. I mean, you want to get political, do it as yourself, or make art that’s actually relevant to it.

I find mouthpiece art to be pointless more often than not. It’s cringe-worthy at best and a mockery of real life issues and the character(s) used (especially when they aren’t the artist’s own) at worst. And it’s always just a manipulative way to get more people to see it. I’m not against using art or characters to vent and such but that is my limit.
Deactivated Account

forgets everything
@WhiteCheddaPikachu  
I agree. Whilst people have the right to express themselves as they see fit, I don’t like it personally. If I wanted activist content I would search for it. I don’t like the idea of having something I like commandeered by some gatekeeper.
Deactivated Account

forgets everything
@Selaphiel  
I’m not totally opposed to a company like Marvel having female Thor or gay Spiderman, so long as it was done in a spinoff so I could choose not to consume it. These ideologies don’t respect the wishes of people who just want to be entertained.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Whatever the fuck is going on in America anyways, but I think you all are in Mission 98 in GTA San Andreas right now.

You need to find and kill Big Smoke and Tenpenny so this whole carnage will end soon.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Genevamode  
People watch entertainment as a way to escape from the mundanes of RL.  
It’s absolutely a TERRIFIC idea that these writers try to shove in the very RL issues no one fucking cares about at every corner of their work as possible.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
@Genevamode

@Selaphiel  
Marvel has been dealing with RL politics in their stories since they first started out. Captain America was made to build support for the war effort in WWII. X-Men was made to mirror the Civil Rights movement going on at the time. You don’t have to like the execution but please shut up about comics focusing on politics as if they never did that before, it just shows that you know nothing
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Selaphiel  
You realize DC and Marvel have always put RL issues in their comics, right? From WW2 to the mafia to drugs to racism to domestic abuse to recycling… Anybody that calls themselves a fan and thinks it’s a way to escape RL hasn’t been paying attention to what they’ve been reading/watching.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide