Vent thread

Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@WyrmSpawN  
I thought Flash got so much heat because people were mad their ‘waifu’ was being taken. The ‘he’s bland and uninteresting’ arguement doesn’t really hold considering there’s been blander characters which people don’t want to kill.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

seventh layer of hair
Shit even all my historic avatars that I made for all my accounts that was stored on the sd card was also wiped out as well…

But HELL!!!!!! Goodness I was able to recover some of it because I posted it around this site for years! Relief. Almost on the precipice of having another meltdown again 🤘🤘🤘
Panko Pai
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork

Shy gamer stallion
Got another of “artistic crisis” days where I feel my art is not that good…  
You know I draw ponies in the style of the show.  
But whenever I see someone else’s artwork done in the same show style (both SFW and X-rated) here, on DA or Twitter, I feel they just did a better job than me…
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@WyrmSpawN  
I was building on from your response to why people aren’t mad about him because  
He was a loser.

Maybe people find Sunburst more relatable and he hasn’t quite made a move on their not as popular ‘waifu’?
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Sparx  
Sunburst was also set up in advance as a clear romantic interest and being integral to Starlights characters development. He didn’t just show up out of nowhere to sweep starlight off her feet.

I don’t hate flash. It makes sense for a teenager to crush on a handsome guitarist who’s also a nice guy. But it would have worked out better for us the viewers, if we spent more time with flash’s character before he immediately became a romantic interest for the main character.
Sparx
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Terminal Red  
I’m indifferent to him personally. I’m interested in what creative things that can be done with him besides being tied to Twilight.

Also today was pretty gloomy.Usually I’m glad about having time to sleep and laze but knowing that I have to find some kind of money gaining profession for the next 3 months is really killing me.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Panko Pai  
Oof. I’m not gonna pretend to know your struggle since I’m not playing the same “show accurate” game, but imma tell you that even if there are better guys than you, it don’t mean you aren’t good. you is pretty goddamn good.

Sometimes there are just those Nadal Jordan Mayweather McNurmagomedov types out there that are just…superhuman and I personally find it just discouraging trying to compare myself to them.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Because he’s a loser.
Bro? Are we looking at the same Sunburst here? The chaddest of all chads?  
Dude is the closest to being Twilight’s actual boyfriend by far. He’s got far more in common with Twilight than he does with his love interest and he’s seen with Twilight many times. If you’re just going by screentime alone.

Flash Sentry being a shy dork and Twilight falls for her; RIOT.  
Sunburst being an alpha stallion and regularly enters Twilight’s personal space? I sleep

Are we just cucks here? Are we simping when Twi is with Sunburst because we scared of Sunburst’s massive stallion balls?

It doesn’t matter if Sunburst’s primary love interest is Starlight. What if he needs some secondary wife. He can’t just like, ASK Starlight to dress up like Twilight and–

Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@tehwatever  
Oh, don’t get me wrong, I can ship him with Twilight when I’m not shipping him with Moondancer, I’m not saying he’s unshippable.

I’m just saying he’s a loser. Like Twilight.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Terminal Red  
I think Sunburst & Starlight are just friends in canon, there’s no real romantic implications between them, besides maybe the finale teasing it, but like the other ‘ship teases it had, it’s up to the viewer to interpret however they want.

Though, I guess “CheesePie” was a li’l blatant with Pinkie having a child in the future named “Li’l Cheese.”
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@WyrmSpawN  
I see.

Still my nagging issue is this:  
Sunburst is blatantly someone’s love interest. That’s why he was first introduced, and that’s how he is portrayed throughout the series.  
Flash is the same, really. He’s someone’s love interest. Twi or Sunset or someone else’s.

So how come Sunburst didn’t get his house looted and burned when he did things like this?  

Is Sunburst the perfect self-insert OC? Did the writers somehow mange to write a male ponysona that represents the viewers? Very smart.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
If study after study conclusively supports that you are wrong, it is time to accept the fact that you are very likely wrong.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Beau Skunky  
The staff know exactly how much this fandom likes shipping. They knew they didn’t have to make the romance obvious when they knew we would do all the work.

Sunburst was created for Starlight. They wanted this new character to be popular and talked about so on top of her being a super powerful reformed villain with a “sad” backstory, they gave her a potential love interest straight outta the gate for us to talk about between season 5 and 6.

I’m not knocking it. They set Sunburst up in advance and he’s actually a well rounded character in his own right who can carry an episode without starlight.

But he’s clearly the Ken to Starlights Barbie.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Terminal Red  
I dunno, they never really seemed like lovers to me in-canon, and they’re never refered to as such, so I think that’s mostly fanon.

Meanwhile, on the opposite end when “Big Mac X Sugar Belle” was canonized, it pissed off many CheeriMac, and FlutterMac ‘shippers. So maybe canonizing pairings doesn’t always work.  
Honestly I have nothing against them personally, and I kinda understand why they created a new ’ship, instead of using a fanon one.

Heck, some fans complain enough already about the show “catering to older fans/bronies” as it is.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Sunburst & Starlight are just friends in canon
The romantic implication is about as clear as the homosexual undertones in A Nightmare on Elm Street 2. Which is to say…it exists. They have been denying the gay subtext for more than a decade and only recently are able to say “yes. yes it was gay” because you simply couldn’t (still can’t to some degree) have a relatable gay protag unless you want the world coming down on you.

Okay. In Nightmare 2, MC is canonically not gay. But the gay subtext is now finally very much confirmed. I’m wondering if DHX will confirm the romantic subtext of Starlight x Sunburst even IF they’re canonically just friends. I mean c’mon. You can’t ignore it. All the tropes are there.

look we got an entire jealousy episode for Starlight, with all the appropriate tropes. It wouldn’t even be out of place in a rom-com.

DHX please just give us closure.

Oh, and apart from Fluttermac anc Cheerimac shippers, there is another who REALLY got hurt by SugarMac.  

this scene actually, physically hurt me. made me cringe and buckle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide