Vent thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@tehwatever  
With the show over, it’s kinda too late for any of that, and it doesn’t really matter to me if they are or aren’t frankly. I’ve never really been as into ‘shipping as most bronies. (And let’s face it, MLP was never really meant as a “romance novel.”)

I was never too big on MarbleMac, because of the unfortunate-impication they may or may-not be related. Sure they’d be distant, (supposedly) but still… I dunno, something about it bugs me.

Also, maybe we should all move the discussion to the Pony Vent thread instead.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky  
So I’m guessing you didn’t see it because you simply wasn’t into shipping, that I can understand. I can’t say Starburst is canon because the show creator doesn’t say it is. But holy crap that is a LOT of tease between the two of them. Like a ton.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Beau Skunky  
I like the ship. In fact I like all ship. I want more canon ships! LyraBon? SugarMac? Cheesipie? Fluttercord? Sign me up.

Which is why it bothers me that the biggest ship tease that has been building up for three seasons merely culminated with them being office co-workers. I get hyped up for what?! Starlight isn’t even mane6! Nobody gonna riot if she hooked up. DHX just gimme this shiiiiip.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@tehwatever  
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Well, honestly ‘shipping isn’t everything, nor the most important thing in the show. Sometimes what we want isn’t always best for the show, we have to accept. And there do exist ‘ship-heavy shows that aren’t good.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Not saying it’s all bad, there do exist good romance out there.

Just saying MLP was never a hugely romance-filled series. I remember some fans actually got upset over S2 ep’ “Hearts & Hooves Day” kinda spoofing ’shipping supposedly, but even if it was, it was pretty harmless.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@LightningBolt  
In fact, just because a ‘ship isn’t canon, doesn’t mean people can’t still enjoy it. They don’t even have to be canon.

People still ’ship Sonic with Sally, Amy, Mina, Big the cat, (wish I was joking about that last one lol) despite Sega forbidding Sonic being ’shipped in canon now.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I figure there is a big drive to make males less intimidating, and as cute as possible. They obviously can’t be into drinking beer fighting and obsessing with things younge girls don’t understand.

Not enough of them are power hungry, tenacious or as materially fixated as real men.

Our two resident body egotist are Zephyr and Bulk, and they’re both adorably sub.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Est. 2012
Racism
Is
Retarded

THIS

@Beau Skunky  
I see, but I think you should have said that so I don’t make it seem like it’s generalizing the genre.

Besides, the show had Shining Armor and Princess Cadance, one of the ONLY two good canon ships (next to LyraBon), even though most of the time it didn’t focus a heckton on their romance. (Or at least focus on developing them, which it’s a missed opportunity)

@Beau Skunky  
Yeah, but sometimes I would love to see it come to life on television so I can pretend it’s canon. (Or see it as if the staff does what the fans want while separating that from the official canon, like an Alternate Continuity Series a la Simpsons)

Fanarts are cute, and sometimes I read fanfiction, but that’s it. (Not to mention, fanfiction is NEVER material for television or film, unless you pull an E.S. James and turn it into something original)
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I ship who I want, it’s all imaginative play.

However I am super pleased with the representation of queer and alternative love styles.

Shows like MLP, Stevens Universe and Sherah containing obvious popular examples.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide