Vent thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

My neighbor complained to me right in front of my gate for blasting Metallica in the morning. I blasted Slayer and Behemoth louder minutes later, they didn’t showed up again. 😎
Amphibian Swamp

I think everyone’s being a bit too harsh on inexperienced artists here.
If some fanart is badly drawn, I don’t think it’s fair that everyone downvotes it without saying something at least. Especially if it’s a new artist. Sharing your art can be a pretty brave thing to do, so I think we should encourage them to improve and give them advice.
I think should only downvote a new artist’s fanart if it’s harmful, traced, bad edit, plagiarism, art theft, offensive, insulting, etc.
For example, a while ago I drew G5 Fanart of Pipp, Jazz and Rocky playing in the water at the beach. In the background were other characters like the rest of the main 5, Posey and Sprout on the sand.
I had so much fun drawing it and was so excited to show it. But when it was uploaded, it got over 7 downvotes in the first hour. I was pretty bummed out when I saw that, like really bummed out. I wish I had some comments telling me why it wasn’t good.
Basically, I felt pretty bad about drawing the ‘worst Rocky and Jazz’ Fanart on the site, well at least I felt that way. (The two had less than 200 back then)
So yeah. It can suck seeing something you had so much fun drawing being disliked like that. So, instead of just downvoting, I think we should help the newer and inexperienced artists.
Like I said, posting art online can be a brave thing to do. Sometimes I feel nervous when I’m about to post my art. So it’s likely many others feel the same way when uploading.
Try giving them advice or pointing out where they can improve.
All artists sucked at first and improved as they practised.
Autumn_Rosewood
Princess Cadance - For supporting the site
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Emerald - For users who have donated to the site
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Silver Supporter - Silver Supporter
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

~Wants to squish yo bed~
@The Crystal Artist
I’m of the impression quite a few users here just come for a quick thrill to visually stimulate their senses, try not to let the downvotes upset you too much my friend. Some of the most majestic & awe inspiring pieces of art on this site have downvotes.
Some ponies just want to watch the world burn.
Plenty of people are critics, yet many simply will not take the time to express just “why” they disapproved of another’s work, be it because they don’t dedicate the time to formulating an explanation, or perhaps they don’t wish to hurt the artist’s feelings?
I do agree with you, only harmful artwork should be downvoted, but there are users who are into artwork others would find unacceptable, thus is our dilemma of differing opinions.
I’m proud of you for having the courage to share your works with us & thank you for contributing to the community with your thoughts & ideas. ^^
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Oh great another reason why boxing has degraded into a circus shitshow.
Floyd Mayweather has just officially announced a Conor McGregor exhibition match in 2023. More publicity, more PPV selling, money grabbing, wack job of a bout. As long as these guys and the Paul Brothers are running around seeking for more wealth and relevancy and not about representing the spirit of this sport, the boxing industry will always be boring.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I look at this site too much.
Not a problem with the site itself but I think I need to diversify.
I remember when I used to be reading about history and fantasy. Not I just hang on this site.
My name Cosmas the Explorer should mean something. It should be someone of knowledge and culture. Not just someone who wanders seeing different posts aimlessly.
I hope one day to contribute more on this site or other sites. Like a fanfic or some art.
I’ll be patient though. I still have a long future ahead. Hopefully recover the passion I had when I first joined this site.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Glimenade
Not even an rookie artist yet. I’m still learning the ropes of drawing characters. But I think I’m getting somewhere. I did draw some ponies and some Disney characters based on tutorials. But nothing really presentable yet. One of my goals is to be a digital artist.
I used to draw some fakemon as a kid. And while not objectivly well executed, I do admire the raw imagination I had back then. I hope to regain it once I get good at drawing professionally.
Professor Venturer
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Say hi to Hatty!
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I’d recommend Drawception. It’s known as the miscommunication game. One person draws the prompt, and the other guesses what the drawing was, and the pattern repeats until the game is finished. Its not just about art, btw. It’s also about miscommunication, hilarity, and having fun.
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
The score your art gets is the average opinion of a mostly unskilled, and biased group.
Learning to get better scores is good for marketing, but it’s not a value of artistic merit.
Beth
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Glimenade
Thanks, that messed with my head for a second.
“Average = Sum of the Observations/Number of Observations”
So it’s possible to mentally derive an average from a sum, but somehow i feel like I’m missing something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide