Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Selaphiel

A single projectile can do a lot.

Start a war, end Alexander the Greats march, stop Sweden from ruling Norway, cut down the most powerful person in the world, etc.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Selaphiel

Dragon Age is one of the few universes where that is a thing, in most other fantasy stories Dwarves use a lot of magic.

Normally, they are masters of enchanting, runework, and utilitarian magic.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Pomegranates :P
On another topic.

I can totally see the Valkyrie mythology be “modernized” and adapted to to the context of modern warfare. Where a beautiful rifle wielding warrior maiden decked out in era appropriate gears go around the battlefields collecting souls of dying soldiers ranging from WW1 to the 21 century settings to become her Einherjars.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

I would like to see an anime or a work of fiction that takes Norse Mythology fantasy element and blend it together with WW1 or 2 aesthetics and themes.  
Imagine Valkyrie going through artillery bombarded ravaged battlefields of the World Wars, complete with all the modern weaponry and fantasy magic, trying to recruit “warriors” or should I say soldiers and any victims of the war regardless of their backgrounds and faction they’re fighting for on the earthly front, to fight a higher war that is being fought by the Gods who are also influencing the conflicts below. Think of it as a “modernized” and fantasized Ragnarok.  
She would have Einherjars from both the Allies and Axis sides. Americans, British, French, Germans, Soviets, Japanese you name it.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Selaphiel

I’ve heard people often equate Fólkvangr to the Summerlands. Which itself is a catchall term describing a variety of afterlives.

The most common depiction of the “after-life” throughout history has been a verdant (though sometimes golden) natural setting. Typically a land of eternal summer, with fields, forests, lakes, and rivers. Most of the time it is stylized to be an eternal hunting ground.

Elysian, Aaru, the happy hunting grounds, etc.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Zincy  
But I like winter…. D:

Even though I agree that summer is the sexiest season with beaches, bikinis, and all.

Meanwhile Nifleheim is often the portrayed as the Land of Eternal Winter. Much cooler than Christian Hell I’d say LOL
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Zincy  
In some cultures, it represents serenity and calmness.  
I actually feel a sense of calmness and solitude whenever I stand in the middle of a fog. The air also feels fresher to breathe on cold misty mornings.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide