Vent thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I just read a news article about a 7 year old that died suddenly during surgery. The parents rationalized this as being “part of gods plan”.

I am going to preface this with two statements.

1. As a psychologist I understand coping mechanisms. We are hardwired to find ways to cope with trauma, it shields us from its more debilitating effects.  
  2. I also understand that a parent really, really needs to ease their mind when something like this happens.

With those out of the way….

Fuck this line of thinking. Fuck everything about it, down to its very fucking core. And fuck those who defend it in any light other than a coping mechanism. Coping is fine, but fuck any priest that regurgitates this “gods plan” bullshit. Same to those that feel the need to “thank god” before thanking the firefighter/doctor/cop or whatever actually saved your life.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Careful with that point, it just wizzed past dangerously close to your ear. Next time, if you don’t duck fast enough, it may cut off one of them.

I said “before thanking the…” you ninny. I have no problem with people thanking god/gods, but just make sure you thank the mortal mooks that directly saved you.

I’ve seen a lot of people not even give a nod to the ones that actually saved them.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

Fuck Russia
@Zincy  
And those people are ass holes, but I don’t like being told how I should or shouldn’t manage my relationship with God. I’ll do so how I see fit.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

You can have any relationship with your sand god all you want. But, when I see someone being callous I will call them out, and I care very little if it offends their sensibilities.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Christianity and the like were started in a desert. Most of its major figures were also desert and savanna dwellers. A desert is filled with sand, therefore, sand god. And a sand book, and a sand faith. All of which started in the sands.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Some people actually do that top one.

There’s entire religions based on it.

@WyrmSpawN

Hmm, no, I meant sand. Cute attempt, but a sun-god and a sun-faith would be one that was more directed specifically at sun worship. Nowhere in Christianity is the Sun directly analogous to god save for a few metaphors and a Monty Python sketch.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
I will never understand why I should thank God for good stuff that happens. No, I thank the people that helped and I know damn well God had nothing to do with it, unless we’re about to have an argument regarding free will.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
Ech, people who think that ‘thoughts and prayers’ solve anything have soured me on religion as a whole.

No, ‘praying’ would not have made my dad not die nor would it have helped with anything afterwards.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Lord Goku  
I guess I’m just the weird one out. whenever I give prayer I always thank god in arabic and thank the cook (especially if it’s my mom cooking). I guess my family is ridiculously abnormal for thanking people along with god.

I mean, I remember my teacher giving me a quote by some dude in the arabian desert ca. 650 CE that goes:  
“he who does not thank the people, does not thank their creator”  
“if your arms are not long enough to give them reward, then keep your tongue long enough to give then thanks”

discounting all the religious stuff, point is that I was raised to thank ppl, even in “prayers”

waht the hell have I been lied to?!
Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
I’m pretty sure my stepfather’s parents never taught him any basic life skills like, you know, close the bathroom door when you take a shit. There’s a million little things he doesn’t do that I assumed humans just did automatically that are really starting to irk the shit out of me, and I’m starting to get convinced he’s got a learning disability of some kind.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide