Vent thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Bro WTF, I’m back in Harrisonburg to pick up recording equipment from my apartment and I’m noticing that nobody is wearing masks? What the hell? Why is everyone just out and about walking around like there isn’t a global pandemic happening?

Harrisonburg has the eighth highest number of COVID-19 cases in the state, but I kinda figured there was more of a reason for this than just “People are stupid.”
Ethereal Divide

Magic & art aficionado
@TheHappySpaceman

That’s nothing. I went to my gas station/convenience store job to pick up a retroactive bonus check after I had been staying home for over a month during lockdown and not a single employee or customer was wearing a mask or gloves. The only protection the cashiers had was a plexiglass barrier separating them from customers at the checkout counter. And this was back in April! That place is located right next to interstate 95 too! I was the only one wearing a mask there.

Also on a related note, we were likely the first area of the country to reopen the beach around 3 weeks ago.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
You know what’s funny? People that talk shit about other people where they think they can’t see them or nobody can figure out who they’re talking about for sure. It’s a sign of good character for sure.
Ethereal Divide

Magic & art aficionado
@MagpulPony

Meanwhile here in Florida land, it was always voluntary to wear masks, even during lockdown period. Our state lockdown stay-at-home order was lifted May 1st and we’re already in phase 1 of the economy reopening. Phase 2 involving opening back up movie theaters and limited public events venues is coming soon in a matter of weeks.
Ethereal Divide

Magic & art aficionado
@TheHappySpaceman

A combination of toxic politics and huge pressure on politicians from big business interests to hurry up and reopen the economy because its an election year and 30 million plus people are unemployed. So in essence, certain folks, especially on a certain side of the political spectrum, are prioritizing money over peoples’ safety and health. They seem to think if they downplay the virus enough and insist a second wave in the fall/winter won’t happen, things can go back to “normal” how it was sooner.

Also, many folks are leaning on the expectation of a vaccine by year’s end or early 2021.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide