Vent thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So, the fall semester at JMU is fewer than two months away, and my parents have suggested that I should not go and should keep staying with them.

Keep in mind, my dad has spent years drilling the necessity of an education into my head and insisting that I go to college and get good grades, but now that I actually want to go back, he wants me to stop?

Visible confusion
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@TheHappySpaceman

Thanks to the government being absolute dicks, a lot of schools are being forced into offering in person classes as opposed to staying online through the fall.

My program at GWU can’t even think about going online only because it would literally kill it.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman  
IMO? If you could take a gap year and sharpen your hobbies and skills, separate from college (or actually even work on college related passion projects) and make yer dad and mom feel a bit at ease, that’s a win.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Zincy  
I have really struggled with online classes. Like, really struggled. So far I have not received a grade higher than a B+ in any of the classes I have taken.

That said, I understand the necessity for them, and hopefully JMU will announce them as an option. I’m still moving back to Harrisonburg, though.

@tehwatever  
The problem is, A. I’ve already taken a gap year; B. I’m still paying for my apartment in Harrisonburg even though I’m not currently staying in it, which seems like a waste; C. Just earlier this year, my parents mentioned that we’re running low on money and I might not be able to afford my last year of college unless I try to get a job; and D. Having to stay with my parents these past few months has been living hell.

I’ve basically had to live by their schedules, which leaves me less time to pursue my own creative endeavors, even during the summer when I don’t have classes. So I’m kind of aching to go back.

I’d take a gap year, certainly, but I just don’t want to have to stay with my parents for another year.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheHappySpaceman  
I got you.  
Man, that is totally a bummer. Reason C is why I dropped out in my senior year (that was like, not that long ago akshully). One option is to find a paying job in the Uni.

Man, if your YT / art career is enough to keep you afloat, you can tell your parents you’re already earning something.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@tehwatever  
Sadly, I don’t have enough subscribers to make money from YouTube anymore (they changed the minimum limit in 2018), and I have been unable to take commissions due to not having a PayPal account of my own, since my dad used my email address to create his own PayPal account. (Don’t even know what prices I’d offer anyway, plus my art isn’t that popular, haha.)
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@TheHappySpaceman  
I guess I’m in the same boat when it comes to art. I dunno how to price, nor am I good enough to be axing money.

I’m training to make my drawing skills to be at least passable. If I have enough technical skills to make basic art then I can start a commission.

Currently? I suck ball z. I hope I can grow better, so I can get the hell out of my current job and find me some job I am more willing to do.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@lonewolf  
Because Baptism is for white folk and raccoons.

Can’t decolonize the area with a church still standing.

In all seriousness, I applaud the church for standing firm to such tactics.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Can I stop having power surges? This is like the third time in the past few days my power went out and then turned back on again, it’s really fucking annoying
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
I’ve considered taking up smoking cigarettes.

If only because I’ve no access to something better.

If this world is determined to go to hell regardless of our actions, i want to at least tell the demons it was worth the trouble of putting it off.
Johnny B. Mediocre
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

psst it's me I'm a horse
I just spent three hours writing a reply to an egotist with a Snyder-style petition to erase Season 9 because “me no like shipping, me no like redemption, me no like artstyle” and replace it with his own Season 9, claiming he’ll have the original writers onboard - Larson, McCarthy, etc., even though I doubt he’s ever spoken to them (and it takes a lot more than just writers to create anything, you need to have the support of an entire studio which I doubt he has with the ego he’s strapped on) and he’s trying to get the support of the people who brought back Kim Possible for Season 4 all those years ago… which, like Young Justice and Clone Wars, was a show that was brought back to produce another season, not to erase a season

I feel as though I lost ten braincells trying to understand his logic and reasoning

to put it into perspective, he makes Sonic Ranger look sane - yeah, y’know, the dude who won’t stop spamming the same image of Fluttershy’s feet and a petition that he threatens people to sign and compares to the COVID crisis in terms of urgency

he wants to “save” the show because it “means so much to him” - well if means so much to you why are you trying to erase it? it’s done, it’s over, it’s happened

I need a fucking nap

full
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide