Vent thread

TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@tehwatever  
Well, shiiiiiieeeeeeet. Snake oil is literally older than print.

My mom tended to fall for all kinds of crap then I told her off. Regulations won’t help squat against scamming, people need a grounded friend/relative to guide them through life.

Hunting scammers is like hunting drug dealers. It does not work. But it is the easiest option, and you know people like easy and feel good things.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheSultanAkbar  
Strongly disagree with your sentiment.

You got it backwards. Hunting scammers is the EASY route. Regulations and educating ppl on spotting scammers, are much much harder.

Regulated traffic and educated drivers reduce road accidents. They dont get rid of accidents 100%.

In fact just look at current pandemic. Strong regulations on public gathering and wearing PPEs got Spain’s numbers to start flattening out.

In fact that’s what scammers DO! They REGULATE their victims to make sure they: don’t ever talk shit about the scammer, take down any reviews below three stars, and anything and everything to keep the illusion up, to milk their victims of their savings.

I don’t see why you dont want this. Regulations is trying to keep things manageable. we know cases WILL happen, but at least hopefully it would be less frequent, and ppl will be better equipped to handle said cases.
TheSultanAkbar
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

@tehwatever  
That… is what I said. That stopping scammers is the easy, but innefective option as no matter how many you catch, more will show up, and even when they gey caught or regulated they will switch tactics.
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@TheSultanAkbar  
I reread your comment. I was wrong soz, my bad. But catching scammers isn’t the same as regulating the market where they hang out in. yea ofc they switch tactics and evolve, so we gotta keep up. same like viral diseases really.

imo regulations are worth it, especially because it reduces the numbers of cases to hopefully a manageable number.
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ninji  
you know I WISH ppl would just consult with an advisor before taking out loans and life savings and then dumping money into what they THINK is a low risk high return deal.

Normally ppl KNOW that “if a deal is too good to be true, it most likely is.” But when ppl desperate they seem to throw logic out the window and inevitably put themselves into a pinch.
ᎶㄖҜㄩ 乃ㄥ卂匚Ҝ
One-Star Dragon Ball - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Zamasu
@tehwatever  
>When desparate, abandon common sense and logic.

That was me about 8 years ago after getting a shit-ton of “expired vehicle registration” tickets and going almost full “sovereign citizen,” because I couldn’t afford the necessary repairs on my car at the time.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
So I have this thing that happens at night.

A dream, a waking nightmare, maybe some kind of hallucinatory sleep paralysis, whatever.

But I’m in this kind of screen, looking directly at it, it’s a video game, i can tell that much. There’s items to buy, stats to mind, all that good stuff that i know internally.

But, the game itself is broken. I can’t see half the graphics, what i can see is distorted, and i can’t ‘click out of the menu’.

And I’m just stuck there, unable to progress, selecting things blindly, and I’m smothered by a sense of great frustration.

When i woke up from this morning, i had a brief, out-of-focus moment where i moved and flexed my hands and couldn’t register them as my own despite looking directly at them in the low light of my room.

This isn’t a frequent happening, but it does partially ruin the chances of a good night’s sleep.
Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@WyrmSpawN  
Phychosis occurs a lot to me in between dream states where I have a hard time discerning what’s real, or my current life situation even up to 30 minutes after I wake up.

Sometimes I’m so stuck between dream and awake I sit up in bed afraid to fall asleep.

Also if I had a partner we’d need separate beds. For reasons…rarely I throw punches/flail in my sleep or wet the bed.

In more lighthearted news I’ve had videogame mechanics in my dreams, which is often lucid so I’m aware it’s a dream and have fun.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide