Vent thread

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Zincy  
Yeah. I’ve read numerous stories of Catholic Irish people facing prejudice in Anglo Protestant-dominant societies despite their “whiteness” on both sides of the Atlantic. Just like with the mainly Catholic Italians, Poles, and the Jews in history. They were often portrayed as low lives, violent, and… “Different”, prone to petty crimes and gang violence.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Racism was accelerated from the top down. Prodded and grown by whatever flavor of aristocracy your country happened to have. Made endemic to the system as a means to keep it fractured.

A exploitation of mental heuristics and deep cultural tensions.

Men and women of all colors should look at the elites if they want to see who benefits the most from racism. Jonny Bumblefuck burning a cross is going to go home to his shit trailer, and live to the ripe old age of 45 after dying from a meth overdose. His racism didn’t help him.

It did help the ideologues he supported. The elites he helped feed.

Look no further than slavery. Did slavery help the average southern? Who was deprived of a paying job where a slave was forced to work? Who could not reap the “benefits” that the elite slaveholders held?

Racism kept the slaveholders in power. Over both black and white people.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Meanwhile, people like this deserve the effects of ‘cancel culture’

A radio station cut ties with a host after she filmed herself harassing two lawncare workers for speaking Spanish. She then goes after a black guy who stood up to her Karen’ing ass.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence. And if you do something that makes your employer look bad, expect to be fired. People get fired from their jobs for crimes, drunken escapades, and insulting their bosses on social media all the time. It should be no surprise they can be canned for stuff like this.

She was the idiot that filmed herself doing this. She has no one to blame but herself.
anthroking

@Ninji  
I remember as a kid, when our family lived in Quinlan when i was four years old and i said i lived in Quinlan in a comment but that was somewhat of an error, since i was living there for a year and was born in a Greenville hospital and moved to Point Texas, sometime later and i still live here. But back to the point when i grew up and visited my abuelos from time to time my abuela would tell me to eat all my fritos that i would have as a snack and if any were left out the Fritos bandit would come and steal them and i thought that was a story she made up to tell me not to be wasteful, until i found out a couple years later that it was the Frito mascot in the late 60s and early 70s.
𝕭𝖆𝖉𝖍𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖙
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

That’s not entirely true. You’ll see a fair bit of rage over the years from the Irish for cultural appropriations. Saint Patrick’s Day not withstanding, other elements of Irish culture.
Because they were also a super oppressed people. Hell, the English flat out tried to wipe them out once. And they were none too welcome in America for a long time, being viewed as dumb, drunken lowlifes more fit to die in the mines than progress in society.

That would explain a lot…..
Background Pony #7C5C
There’s some people I don’t like, but there’s always that one dude that I absolutely loathe and for some reason, he’s gotta be in the same places I’m in.  
And to be the “bigger person”, I just leave, because I don’t want to have any association with him, but because I do, I always feel like I’m “retreating”. It feels like I’m always making a sacrifice but I’m getting nothing out of it because it happens again and again.  
I wish I could stand my ground but I just start feeling stressed out, and to me, that’s a “loss”.
Red-Supernova
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
Another day, another isolation from my best online friend who I feel is trying everything he can to avoid me because I still have the remaining FiM TV episodes and Deltarune on my mind.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
“Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequence.” That is such a stupid sentence that gets regurgitated every time this shit happens. If it was on the job then YES she should be fired. If it done off hours then she shouldn’t have been fired. period. Cancel culture is nothing more than morality policing covered in the coating of virtue signaling. Its like the secret police in 1984 only its not children doing this shit. That is all it is Zincy and to try to say otherwise is sophistry.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@RadioDemon

Spoken like someone who has never, and likely will never, hold an actual upper level job.

A company has every right to can you if you make them look bad. You are, for all intents and purposes, their property to do with as they please. Barring immutable physical aspects, or cultural and religious affiliations, of course.

This is especially true in public facing roles where the image of the employee reflects directly on the company, such as in contracted entertainment or news roles. You piss off the exces by giving them bad PR, expect retribution.

New Hampshire is an “employment at will” state, meaning an employer can hire, or fire, for any reason they see fit that does not run afoul of federal mandates. You can thank conservatives for that, ironically.

Want to avoid that? Join a union or be prepared to lawyer up. Them’s the breaks sonny.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Wouldn’t even need to be that, honestly. EAW states allow businesses to get away with a lot.

Say ol’ Radio was my employee in NH. I could fire him simply because I didn’t like him. He could sue, but all he’d do is waste his money.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
This would not happen to any minority i can guarantee you that. What with the mindset today stating that minorities can’t be racist towards white people. They get a pass while she doesn’t. I would concede your point if only for the fact that hypocrisy runs through any company that fires one person but protects others for doing the same shit. So keep on saying this applies to any worker when that clearly isn’t the case.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@RadioDemon

Oh but it does sweety, whether or not the employers utilize it is another matter. Fact of the matter is, it is the prerogative of the company.

This wouldn’t happen with strong labor laws, oh but whatever happened to those eh? Tis a mystery.

And this does happen to minorities. For a wide variety of reasons. I’ve seen enough EEO complaints from minority workers fired for racial animus get rejected in my time all because of EAW. When pressed, the suits will just make up a reason for them being fired. They “didn’t jive with the company” we were “restructuring”, I’ve seen it all.
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
If they did get fired they could go against the company and say their firing was based on race. Especially in this climate of fear. No company will fire minorities in this climate. Especially since they would be branded as racist for doing so. Take Nick Cannon for example. He was fired only for his recent antisemitic rant, but not for his racism towards whites. I guarantee you if he only ranted about white people he would still have his job.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@RadioDemon

Just going to brush over the fact that I’ve seen this happen first hand then?

Ah yes, another armchair philosopher going off what he can Google up, no doubt you’ll inundate the thread in your next post with all the instances of people of color winning EEOs/suits you can find, and all the ones of whites being fired. Yes?

Nevermind the fact that proving racial animus in states with EAW is virtually impossible without documented evidence. Just three weeks ago I was going over a complaint from a Hispanic nurse (well, CNA, not full nurse) who was fired from her job. She swore up and down it was because she spoke Spanish to the cleaning crew, and her boss took issue with it, made some rather rude comments. Did she have any proof? Nope, other than hearsay. Her complaint was rejected and her firing stood, boss said it was “downsizing due to covid impacting the budget”.

Also, I guess there are no white Jews ea?
RadioDemon

So many orphans~Alastor
@Zincy  
Uh huh. So you believe that I am ignorant. Ignoring the fact over the last 10+ years any accusation of racism has been met with termination even if there is no evidence to show. If someone accused me of racism in a state that DIDN’T have EAW I would guarantee that I would still be fired even if there was no evidence to support it. Why? Because they wouldn’t run the risk of bad pr. I have seen this happen personally too. My mother was accused of racism and were trying to get her fired even though she doesn’t have any prejudice against anybody because of their race. I know this because they tried that shit in front of me while I was standing there helping her with physical labor that she needed done.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide