Vent thread

Beth
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
I miss this place. I hate being a neurotic bitch. I’m going to get my account and everything reinstated. Haven’t heard from many of my friends in a while.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

seventh layer of hair
Goddammit… Uncle’s kidney transplant cost was way more expensive than I thought… 20 grands are like my entire family’s income in a whole year and a 3/4ths of the other year.

He’s gonna live through dialysis for the rest of his life.
Beth
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

In digital purgatory
@Count Adramélekh Sear  
I’m staying here, Until the end. Until we have to go somewhere else.

I haven’t been anywhere else, I have been being anti-social. Not a good thing to be. We don’t grow as people without others.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

I II II L
This is going to be extremely rambly but I want to get this off my chest. Instead of letting it fester inside of me until one day I go see a therapist.

Recently it feels like my YouTube recommendations page has been flooded with negativity. Particularly of things that are of little interest to me. Videos bashing the movies Nostalgia Critic made, videos lamenting how inferior The Simpsons nowadays is compared to the early seasons, videos detailing the decline in quality of Butch Hartman. There’s other, less negative stuff as well, but it feels there’s more negative stuff than anything of actual substance.

I’m not gonna touch the latter two mostly because I couldn’t care less about them. I personally love early Simpsons, and while I think the later seasons are not as bad as some people claim they are, it’s not like I religiously watch the later seasons like I do the first ten. I want to instead focus on all the Nostalgia Critic bashing videos.

This isn’t meant as a defense of Nostalgia Critic. I personally haven’t watched his content in about 5 or so years. And I’m not gonna touch the whole thing about the abuse in Channel Awesome and what went down. That’s a whole can of worm I’d rather not discuss. But the videos I see pop up in my recommendations page that bash the movies Nostalgia Critic made 8 or so years ago really irk me. Especially from a creative standpoint.

I remember back in the early 2010s when Nostalgia Critic made those movies. That was probably the peak of my fandom with regards to Channel Awesome. Or That Guy With The Glasses, as it was known at the time. And while I didn’t think the movies were the greatest thing in the world, it was obviously something he was passionate about. It felt like a labor of love.

I think to critique and criticize and heavily lambast something that somebody worked really, really hard on is extremely unfair. I’m not saying you shouldn’t dislike something or not like something if you don’t care for it, but some of these videos feel particularly vindictive and malicious. Like its sole purpose is to crap on what the guy is passionate about. And I don’t think that’s totally fair.

I think there is a place for criticism and showing your dislike for certain pieces of media. To be completely positive about everything is as an unhealthy mindset as to be completely negative. But it feels like society today is becoming more and more a cesspool of unpleasant emotions. Like people are thriving off on this hatesink and they can’t go on unless they hate something. To make a video expressing your dislike for something is one thing. But it’s like some channels are created solely just to be totally angry and negative. Or that they’re designed just to shit on one creator.

At least with the Angry Video Game Nerd, which I love and enjoy to this day, that’s done for laughs. That’s a persona done specifically for the camera. I’m talking about the channels that aren’t done as a joke. The ones where their anger is genuine and isn’t completely for entertainment purposes.

If you have a YouTube channel and its sole purpose is to rag on one particular content creator, or one brand or sport, you’re a loser. You have better things to do than to just be fucking miserable. I am sick and tired of all the negativity I see on my recommendations page. So what if season 500 of The Simpsons isn’t as good as the first ten? Is that really something to get bent up about?

I admit I have at times become upset at certain shows or things I’m passionate about. Hell, as a wrestling fan, I get annoyed almost every week by some of the bone-headed decisions being made. And there have been moments where the quality of the later seasons of The Simpsons has me shaking my head. But I’m not one of those people who finds enjoyment off of other people’s negativity. Especially when it comes to content creators and their passion projects.

If I end up getting published, I expect some people to criticize my work. Nothing, no matter how perfect, is ever universally praised. But I just don’t know how I’ll feel if someone dedicates their whole life shitting on my hard work, the thing I’ve spent many, many years crafting.

I would just feel so torn up inside. Like I’ve wasted my life.
Flutter_Lover

#WaifuLivesMatter
So….is voice acting a real lenient job, because mom doesn’t think so. All voice acting is just sitting and making money by just voicing, in her perspective.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@Flutter_Lover  
If you can get it, it can be rather taxing, particularly if you voice long interactions. And like say, acting, you’ll have to do takes until you get them right to the standard of the production. So not lenient, not the correct word.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

seventh layer of hair
Wait till Avengers: Endgame gets it’s own re-release someplace else and this’ll be a pointless tug o war between Avatar for being the highest grossing films.

Congrats to James Cameron for reclaiming the top spot again,

…’ye sore loser.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide