What has the fandom felt like to you recently?

Rainb0wDashie
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I’ve been thinking about this lately, but what has the fandom felt like to you lately? Secondly, what have you wanted it to feel like?
I ask this because I’ve been a brony for a long time. I joined the fandom in 2011, was on facebook brony groups before moving to Pony+ on google+ before coming to the mlp subredditst in 2012.
I remember back then the fandom feeling like it had something to prove, you know? Like, it had that “We’re here, we want people to recognize us, we’re counter culture, we’re awesome” and we had a lot of momentum from that, so much so that it transferred into a lot of brony conventions getting as high as 10,000+ attendees at bronycon before the fandom entered this long-stall kind of feeling.
Granted I think it started on the internet a little earlier than It did in person because the internet side of the fandom seemed to stall out before the conventions started declining in numbers, I might be wrong, does anypony else share this feeling? If so, when did you start feeling it?, but lately I’ve had this weird thought keep appearing like “Where is the fandom at today? Where is it going?”
And that’s what lead me to asking you all in this post, because I’m curious to see what you guys think about this kind of thing, and was wondering if you all could tell me a little about what the fandom “feels” like to you? What it’s felt like for you over the years, and where you think it’s headed?
IronYoshi
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Best Worst Artist
@Rainb0wDashie
2019. That was the year. That was when some of the worst of the fandom surfaced. Between the Season 9 drama, the Pony Life reveal drama, the rise of SaveMLP and SaveEquestriaGirls, and fans sending death threats to show staff. Not to mention the constant in-fighting. As if the lessons the show never got to them.
It hasn’t really gotten better. Pony Life caused even more drama, then people began to dunk on G5 which seems to be continuing to this day, and I feel like it might get worse.
Granted, I joined in 2014, so I missed a lot of those major dramas (thankfully), but the more recent ones have been pretty bad. The absolute worst people showed up and became more rampant. The sense of entitlement the fandom had became more unbearable. I use to really love the fandom, but now I feel like it’s gotten real bad…
Rainb0wDashie
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Could you tell me more about the kind of in-fighting you’ve witnessed or what you would consider to be “the worst in the fandom?”
I was caught up in preparing for Bronycon that year and didn’t pay too much attention to the fandom so I missed a lot, what exactly happened?
Background Pony #F05C
What fandom? It basically died as soon as G4 was over, but it was in decline long before that. The golden age of both the show and fandom was season 2 and the period just before season 3.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide