YouTube Algorithm Fail Thread

NeonThriller

With COPPA taking effect 24 hours ago, There have been many blunders with the algorithms like Beavis And Butt-Head being marked as “Made For Kids”.  
What other blunders have happened?
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
Slight correction OP - COPPA didn’t go into effect, COPPA has always been law since it was passed years ago. What’s happening is that YouTube is trying to make sure it’s in compliance in the most ass-backwards and idiotic way possible. From what I’m reading, basically every animation clip has been flagged as “safe for kids.”
Joshua
Duck - Duck cannon at high speed
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Since the Beginning  -

And here’s the funniest part: Nothing happened. Nothing at all.

Next you’ll be telling me the world’s gonna explode tomorrow.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
I don’t think most contents uploaded in YT would necessarily “traumatize” kids.  
In fact, I believe what will traumatize kids more is YT’s own shitty algorithms and their ignorant approach to “protecting” them.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I think the Cupcakes video was corrected, but there’s still lots of MLP video fails out there.  
For starters.  
I think all MLP videos got auto flagged unless the uploader chose otherwise.

Wow. I didn’t know Heavy Metal was a kid’s cartoon . And you know what’s worse? You can buy or rent the movie on Youtube, and it shows it’s rated R!

And autoflagging videos that were already age restricted. This shit is going to get people’s accounts suspended when it those rat bastard’s faults.

This video is of a farm diorama, and it got nailed. Really it looks like their whole channel got flagged because they committed the sin of having the word “toy” in their name.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
I would not be surprised if Google/Alphabet gets hit with further fines from the FTC over this. Because unless I’m mistaken, one of the very specific instructions from the FTC was that Youtube should not use AI algorithm to identify content that’s for kids, but rather implement a method for content uploaders to mark their content if it was for kids or not.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide