Viewing last 25 versions of post by AC97 in topic Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

[@DerpyFast](/forums/generals/topics/another-cringe-thread-about-bronies-in-general-possibly-nsfw?post_id=5177352#post_5177352)
> [@Background Pony \#9460](/forums/generals/topics/another-cringe-thread-about-bronies-in-general-possibly-nsfw?post_id=5177246#post_5177246)
> The comic itself feels like its written by a teenager. But a *smart* teenager; too smart for his own good. Because that's the mindset you need to commit several years of your life to a project that doesn't even have a first draft, and hasn't been passed off to an editor.
>
> You can tell that this is the case, because the author got a year and fifty pages in before realizing he couldn't actually do the domestic abuse aspect of Cozy Glow's backstory properly. It's filled with things an editor would have caught in the planning stage. I've been writing an Abridged parody in my head, and the jokes honestly write themselves.

That, and the fact that the artist, as you said for *some* reason, then [decided throwing in attempted genocide](/images/2582128#comment_9573963) for Chrysalis' Tragic Backstory^TM^ was appropriate, despite previously deciding that they weren't confident about how to handle Cozy's background with enough grace. It's highly dubious on if it even fits with Chrysalis' character, since she seems like the type that wouldn't let this pass without mention in canon.

%you definitely weren't the only one there questioning that; I was BP posting on that one%

Looking at the most recent pages, it's quite apparent that the issue of the story's "Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character" is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna's portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give ***Chrysalis*** a run for her money, if not worse, it's so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real and not a fakeout, which I think it is for real, it's trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you're *bad.*

Notably, they're not really trying to argue what risks might be involved, that it's for the greater good, but instead about what they *deserve.*
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

[@DerpyFast](/forums/generals/topics/another-cringe-thread-about-bronies-in-general-possibly-nsfw?post_id=5177352#post_5177352)
> [@Background Pony \#9460](/forums/generals/topics/another-cringe-thread-about-bronies-in-general-possibly-nsfw?post_id=5177246#post_5177246)
> The comic itself feels like its written by a teenager. But a *smart* teenager; too smart for his own good. Because that's the mindset you need to commit several years of your life to a project that doesn't even have a first draft, and hasn't been passed off to an editor.
>
> You can tell that this is the case, because the author got a year and fifty pages in before realizing he couldn't actually do the domestic abuse aspect of Cozy Glow's backstory properly. It's filled with things an editor would have caught in the planning stage. I've been writing an Abridged parody in my head, and the jokes honestly write themselves.

That, and the fact that the artist, as you said for *some* reason, then [decided throwing in attempted genocide](/images/2582128#comment_9573963) for Chrysalis' Tragic Backstory^TM^ was appropriate, despite previously deciding that they weren't confident about how to handle Cozy's background with enough grace. It's highly dubious on if it even fits with Chrysalis' character, since she seems like the type that wouldn't let this pass without mention in canon.

%you definitely weren't the only one there questioning that; I was BP posting on that one%

Looking at the most recent pages, it's quite apparent that the issue of the story's "Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character" is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna's portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give *Chrysalis* a run for her money, if not worse, it's so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real and not a fakeout, which I think it is for real, it's trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you're *bad.*

Notably, they're not really trying to argue what risks might be involved, that it's for the greater good, but instead about what they *deserve.*
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

Looking at the most recent pages, it's quite apparent that the issue of the story's "Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character" is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna's portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give *Chrysalis* a run for her money, if not worse, it's so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real and not a fakeout, which I think it is for real, it's trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you're *bad.*

Notably, they're not trying to argue what risks might be involved, that it's for the greater good, but instead about what they *deserve.*
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

Looking at the most recent pages, it's quite apparent that the issue of the story's "Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character" is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna's portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give *Chrysalis* a run for her money, if not worse, it's so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real and not a fakeout, which I think it is, it's trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you're *bad.*

Notably, they're not trying to argue what risks might be involved, that it's for the greater good, but instead about what they *deserve.*
No reason given
Edited by AC97
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

>

Looking at the most recent pages, it's quite apparent that the issue of the story's "Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character" is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna's portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give *Chrysalis* a run for her money, if not worse, it's so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real, which I think it is, it's trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you're *bad.*

No reason given
Edited by AC97