Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

Alphamon_Ouryuken
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Lord of the Empty Seat
Nope, it just means their toxic attitude is being exposed.
Basically, if your reaction to somebody liking you personally dislike is claiming they suffer from “Cognitive Dissonance” or claiming that it’s something psychological, then that’s not you making a point, that just you making up an excuse to dismiss the idea that they just enjoy the series because that’s their personal preference.
In other words, they’re acting like the very idea of others liking the series is such an impossible concept that the only way for it to make any sense is if those fan are either “psychologically handicapped” or simply too delusional to accept the “unpleasant truth that it’s bad” as they so elegantly put it.
“Oh you like this? You just blind to the unpleasant truth. It’s terrible and you’re just deluding yourself into thinking otherwise!”
That’s their basic mentality towards anyone who likes the series.
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Lord of the Empty Seat
A fan who enjoys the series. I’m not going to pretend it’s perfect, but I still enjoy it regardless.
If they dislike the series, I have no problem with that. But when they pretend those who do enjoy it have some sort of mental problem, then they’re just being simple gatekeepers.
If they can’t accept that certain fans just LIKE the series without adding some negative psychological aspects to it, then by that point they’re just being selfish.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
A field handbook that focuses on patterns of behavior more so than laughing at individual examples, then? There are plenty of websites dedicated to stalking the lolcows and not enough on classifying them into common buckets. There is a slim but non-zero chance that respectful classification may prevent future cases from descending to the point of becoming a full-on lolcow.
On the other hoof, ED already exists and the kind of users who document lolcows are one step away from being cows themselves and otherwise temperamentally incapable of creating objective classifications.
GrimDarkSurvivor
Artist -

G.D.S is approaching!
@Alphamon_Ouryuken
I hate those kinds of people. They act like everybody isn’t suppose to like what they hate because it don’t live up to their expectations. Should anybody like what they hate, they label you as mentally ill just for liking it. Even though their the ones with the real mental issues.
Background Pony #4166
@GrimDarkSurvivor
Can you please cite your sources when you claim they declare others mentally ill because they disagree? Throwing around “mental illness” is sort of a trigger term for the Derpibooru mods and can get you in trouble if they catch you using it without grounding.
Background Pony #4166
@Alphamon_Ouryuken
Again, cognitive dissonance is not a sign of mental illness and you can’t prove that it is. It’s more connected to emotion than logic to begin with.
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Artist -

Lord of the Empty Seat
Cognitive Dissonance is a term used in the field of psychology.
psychology
/sʌɪˈkɒlədʒi/
noun
the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behaviour in a given context.
the mental characteristics or attitude of a person or group.
The people using the phrase Cognitive Dissonance use it from a negative standpoint to justify claiming those who like the series they personally hate either aren’t thinking properly or just can’t accept reality:
it is the biggest defining factor of why the show still has diehard fans despite its failings. I’ve seen cognitive dissonance in effect in my life outside the show and it’s very depressing to see for anyone strong enough to accept reality. If I can tell you anything, the likeliest driving force behind it is emotional attachment, denial, and inability/unwillingness to accept unpleasant realities.
It’s cognitive dissonance. They’ve wrapped their identity around liking MLP, so they perceive any valid criticism of MLP they can’t logically refute as a threat to their identity and thus respond as if it’s a personal attack.
In sure, they’re basically using that phrase as a way of implying that those who still enjoy the series have some sort of mental condition.
So if you want to complain about misuse of the phrase? Go complain to them specifically.
Background Pony #4166
”Cannot logically refute”
You do get that if logic’s not involved, then it’s emotion driving the argument, right?

You really like throwing around the “mental illness” accusation whenever cognitive dissonance gets brought up like you have no idea what CD even is. Like you seem to be incapable of comprehending that someone can be speaking entirely out of emotional adoration for something without any critical thought to speak of in the heat of the moment. To quote one source:
“ Cognitive dissonance refers to a situation involving conflicting attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. This produces a feeling of mental discomfort leading to an alteration in one of the attitudes, beliefs or behaviors to reduce the discomfort and restore balance.”
In layman’s terms, it’s a more professional way of describing when someone is faced with a situation that instills discomfort in them and basically lie to themselves in order to perceive the situation as something else that they would not be on good terms with otherwise in order to maintain happiness. It’s basically a maladaptive coping mechanism that is a byproduct of denial. And since discomfort is a product of emotional feedback, it can’t be chalked up to “mental deficiencies”. It’s not about being a mentally stunted troglodyte. It’s about being blinded by emotion to the point where one doesn’t take the time to find a balance between feeling and thought.
Cognitive dissonance is not a mental illness. Denial is not a symptom of mental illness. Anyone who says otherwise is just grasping at straws in an attempt to demonize anyone who uses the term. Either out of genuine ignorance or because CD is some strange trigger word for them. And I can tell you that there is a not insubstantial number of members in this fandom that have experienced this phenomenon at one point or another. And it’s almost a black comedy running gag that many, if not most, bronies have confessed to getting into MLP FiM because it provided escapism from horrible or bleak home lives. I can certainly see why they would take measures to stay invested with the series if growing unhappy with the direction things went would alienate them or otherwise burn out their interest. If anything, the fallout from the series finale leaks broke a lot of people out of it. Just ask the mods to tell you how they had to go into damage control to maintain order.
You know what IS a potential symptom of mental illness? Protracted irrational obsessive aggression and belligerence. Something that happens roughly half the time in this very thread.
If you really hate that group and everyone in it so much, actually do something about it and start a petition somewhere so that the US government will finally be forced to legally act and erase it off the internet for good. You said you wanted to enlist their services for that at one point, right? What’s stopping you from trying?
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Artist -

Lord of the Empty Seat
You do get that if logic’s not involved, then it’s emotion driving the argument, right?
And that’s the problem, they pretend that anyone who defends the series in general isn’t thinking logically.
You really like throwing around the “mental illness” accusation whenever cognitive dissonance gets brought up like you have no idea what CD even is.
The way these so-called fans phrase it, they pretty much treated like that’s what it is regarding anyone defending aspects of the series they hate.
Like you seem to be incapable of comprehending that someone can be speaking entirely out of emotional adoration for something without any critical thought to speak of in the heat of the moment.
It sounds more like YOU are incapable of comprehending that someone can have enough critical thinking when defending aspects of the series they enjoy.
In layman’s terms, it’s a more professional way of describing when someone is faced with a situation that instills discomfort in them and basically lie to themselves in order to perceive the situation as something else that they would not be on good terms with otherwise in order to maintain happiness.
Newsflash: Fans are ALLOWED to enjoy what others dislike without that nonsensically attitude being applied to it.
We’re not “lying to ourselves” about what’s good about simply to “perceive the situation as something else”, we’re simply defending our stance on why we enjoy it.
There’s a difference and you should learn to ACCEPT that.
It’s basically a maladaptive coping mechanism that is a byproduct of denial.
So another words unless we accept that it’s terrible we’re not allowed to be perceived as just enjoying it, but rather just going into denial over coping with the fact that it’s bad?
Yeah, that doesn’t sound condescending AT ALL.
Get off your high horse.
You know what IS a potential symptom of mental illness? Protracted irrational obsessive aggression and belligerence. Something that happens roughly half the time in this very thread.
It’s cute that you think you’re actually making a point. But in reality you’re simply trying to Gaslight everyone here just because you can’t handle the idea of your little group being in the wrong. Seems more like they themselves are showcasing that little symptom you mentioned the more than anyone here.
And yes, I know that you’re a part of that group considering the fact that you’re so desperate to defend it, you’re not as subtle as you think you are.
Like I said, get off your high horse.
If you really hate that group and everyone in it so much, actually do something about it and start a petition somewhere so that the US government will finally be forced to legally act and erase it off the internet for good.
I dislike the group, but but that’s a step too far and a complete waste of time. Honestly that sounds like something that imbecile Mixmaster226 would come up with.
You said you wanted to enlist their services for that at one point, right? What’s stopping you from trying?
I never once said that in my life. Especially since it not only asinine but completely pointless. Why would the U.S. Government have any interest in a group of toxic fans?
I suggest you stop assuming you know me and trying to put words in my mouth.
Alphamon_Ouryuken
Artist -

Lord of the Empty Seat
Legend? Please.
Mixmaster226 was stupid enough to try harassing the va’s, fan artists, and company itself just because he hated season 9. And when his pathetic movement finally dies he’ll only be known as a toxic fan for the rest of his life.
I may dislike that group but I’m never going down the same route as him.
King Cocoon

If you really hate that group and everyone in it so much, actually do something about it and start a petition somewhere so that the US government will finally be forced to legally act and erase it off the internet for good.
The 1st Amendment. We may hate what they say with a passion, but we will always defend their right to say it.
The way these so-called fans phrase it, they pretty much treated like that’s what it is regarding anyone defending aspects of the series they hate.
By saying that everyone who defends the show has Cognitive Dissonance, they are misdiagnosing a lot of people. Is misdiagnosing people really any better than accusing people of a mental illness? Personally, I don’t think so, because it’s just as disrespectful.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Amazing how much Dialog comes from someone claiming people to be retarded for liking G5 movie. It’s ok guys, its just a jab from that guy at people enjoying something that he cannot. Its nothing deep or complicated, its the equivalent of a kid that ran out of arguments saying “well… you are stupid”.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
We’re getting enough reports that staff has been talking about how to respond to this recent flareup of drama which is really just a continuation of offsite drama that has been going on now for years. We can see what has happened in the past and who all the BPs are (including you) so it’s hard to know how to respond to what’s happening in this thread. But I volunteered to try something … so let’s try this.
@Alphamon_Ouryuken & @Alphamon_Ouryuken
Please consider not going into Reddit or other forums that upset you. Please consider ignoring the writings of groups that have opinions that you find so offensive you have to go to OTHER websites and complain about them. This only spreads the bullshit and results in actions that get the site’s volunteers involved.
Not caring what other people like or don’t like is a great solution to all of the problems that you have highlighted and to the drama that has once again crept into this thread. That often starts by simply not putting yourself in situations where you are in conflict with people who you disagree with or who offend you. When you go looking for a fight, you often can find one, and bringing that fight here isn’t making it any better. It’s just spreading the bullshit to more places.
@Alphamon_Ouryuken
Also please consider that you may be so upset right now that you are not hearing anything anyone else is saying. Please take a break and come back when you feel better. Maybe spend some time on the happier parts of the site instead of this thread.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result ~ Misattributed to Einstein
Please read the room.
We can see who you are & @Alphamon_Ouryuken & @Background Pony #4166
If you want to talk about this more, or if you have a question or concern about how I replied to you here, please feel free to PM me. You may also come to Support on our Discord channel where you can talk to other volunteers if you’d rather not discuss it any more with me.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.