Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@DerpyFast
I wonder if it’s now a case of finishing the story anyway because it was close enough to completion when the flaws were discovered. It seems like the main story should wrap up soon. If not, then it’s the kind of project that drags on for at least four more years as the ramifications of the recent chapters are explored. This is up to the author: sudden “lived happily ever after” ending or more melodrama that treats the subject matter seriously?
Agree with the smart teenager part. The author is self-aware enough to include background jokes instead of being one-note about the main story. Kind of reminds me of Pencils but with less wit.
@Background Pony #9460
Intentional or not, that author is a master at posting bait.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Background Pony #9460
The comic itself feels like its written by a teenager. But a smart teenager; too smart for his own good. Because that’s the mindset you need to commit several years of your life to a project that doesn’t even have a first draft, and hasn’t been passed off to an editor.
You can tell that this is the case, because the author got a year and fifty pages in before realizing he couldn’t actually do the domestic abuse aspect of Cozy Glow’s backstory properly. It’s filled with things an editor would have caught in the planning stage. I’ve been writing an Abridged parody in my head, and the jokes honestly write themselves.
That, and the fact that the artist, as you said for some reason, then decided throwing in attempted genocide for Chrysalis’ Tragic BackstoryTM was appropriate, despite previously deciding that they weren’t confident about how to handle Cozy’s background with enough grace. It’s highly dubious on if it even fits with Chrysalis’ character, since she seems like the type that wouldn’t let this pass without mention in canon.
you definitely weren’t the only one there questioning that; I was BP posting on that one
Looking at the most recent pages, it’s quite apparent that the issue of the story’s “Stock Abusive/Disappointed Character” is bleeding over into Celestia and Luna’s portrayals, who are frankly acting over the top with dialogue mustache twirly and sadistic enough to give Chrysalis a run for her money, if not worse, it’s so lacking in nuance. If this is actually 100% real and not a fakeout, which I think it is for real, it’s trying to hammer home you siding completely against them, and if you sympathize with them, you’re bad.
Notably, they’re not really trying to argue what risks might be involved, that it’s for the greater good, but instead about what they deserve.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@ichiban iceychan 1517
I always find it weird, you say its a minor and all that but makes me wonder: Is the expectation that people check the profile of every person they have an interaction with? I personally never check the profile of anyone (though i also don’t go around leaving NSFW remarks on SFW pictures either).
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
There’s some kind of drama going down between Grapefruit Face and one of the mods on Ponybooru. I don’t know who either of those people are nor am I reading through it all to provide a summary. There are plenty of links in the description of the linked post with more drama in their comments.
For that matter, where do we draw the line between cringe and drama? There is obvious overlap as well as pure examples of each without the other.
@ichiban iceychan 1517 @Panko Pai
Now I’m confused. Does this OC have something to do with the fix comic or the horny Twilight blog? It seems that everyone else discussing fix here has been following the drama for a while and already knows what to discuss next. I found out about it within the past week and have no idea just how much offsite backstory there is.
@Seiken
Good point. I was going to ask: are there any other people besides those who haven’t touched grass in a year who actively check the profiles of others?
@AC97
IMO, the important part of that arc was the betrayal, not the attempted genocide. It’s written by someone who knows that they are dealing with serious important topics™ but cannot fully comprehend why they are serious® and important©. He seems like the kind of person who can explain why they’re important but lacks the gut feeling to convey their gravity.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
@ichiban iceychan 1517
My browser made me miss the context. For some reason, desktop Firefox doesn’t like to display off-site embeds. They show up just fine with mobile Firefox.
(Re: the screenshots themselves) My username makes clear that I know the enjoyment of horny on mane but there’s a time and place for that. Replies to an SFW image are neither of those. That’s all before getting to the yikes factor of hitting on a likely 8th-grader.
Background Pony #990D
@Background Pony #9460
Jesus, and I thought that the comments for Fix were rabid. Guess the author knows how to bring out the worst in this Fandom. Also seems to be a bunch of Fixnatics there.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #9460
…somehow, I’d blocked that from my memory before you reminded me. I think I’m both impressed and disappointed in myself for doing that.
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
@AC97
IMO, the important part of that arc was the betrayal, not the attempted genocide. It’s written by someone who knows that they are dealing with serious important topics™ but cannot fully comprehend why they are serious® and important©. He seems like the kind of person who can explain why they’re important but lacks the gut feeling to convey their gravity.
Hence the “feels like a smart teenager” descriptor definitely being appropriate. I’m inclined to agree with it, under that lens.
DerpyFast
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@AC97
The whole “written by a teenager” thing runs even deeper.
Twilight isn’t written like an adult at all. This whole idea that she can just abandon her responsibilities and the adults will pick up the slack, no questions asked, is extremely immature. If I ever make that abridged parody, Twilight’s letter to Celestia will contain the line:
Can you imagine failing to save someone, and then having to live with that? This has been the worst six months of my life!
So, back in Grade 9, I read a book called Magic Kingdom For Sale - Sold!. It was about a Chicago lawyer whose wife died, and he pays a million dollars to basically insert himself into a real isekai story. And even this book I read in Grade 9 talked about the real-life consequences of him running away. Assets were sold at a loss, and his clients had to find a new lawyer. He really burned his bridges by doing this.
Tirek is over 1,000 years old. It seems like all of his problems stem from bad experiences he had as a teenager, and he still hasn’t gotten over them 1,000 years later.
Chrysalis being driven by a sense of duty towards her subjects was really compelling, and it resonated with a lot of people. The Trio are the ones trapped in stone and unable to live their lives, but Twilight has somehow managed to make the whole thing about her. It’s like the author doesn’t grasp that there is a bigger picture out there.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
Do we even know if the artist is a teenager or not?
I understand having issues with the story but I feel like trying to analyse the age/mentality of this one artist over one comic feels kinds unneeded tbh
Also “Fix” seems to be the only thing people have been talking about for the past few pages
Background Pony #BE40
@Background Pony #990D
I think they’re online too much and way too invested in fictional characters. They treat critcism of that fan comic and anyone who was fine with the villains’ fate from the show as a personal attack.
@ichiban iceychan 1517
Well Tara Strong is into NFTs if that helps change things up :x
Background Pony #990D
@ichiban iceychan 1517
To be honest, its mostly the flamewars that break out in the comments of that comic. Literally they’re some of the worst I’ve seen. Then again, that one guy’s comments on that FIMFiction story that got linked was pretty bad too. It’s a horse cartoon, not some religious text.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Non-Fungible Trixie -

IRL 🎠 stallion
It’s a horse cartoon, not some religious text.
My rule of fan works: never put more effort into canon compliance than the actual writer put into telling a coherent story.
Speaking of…
Twilight isn’t written like an adult at all. This whole idea that she can just abandon her responsibilities and the adults will pick up the slack, no questions asked, is extremely immature.
Twilight isn’t written like an adult at all in FiM itself. That’s understandable for the first few seasons but later on is yet another sign that makes it obvious that FiM lasted three times as long as it was originally planned for. It’s not necessarily bad if you don’t think too hard, but writing (or discussing) fix fics is, by definition, thinking too hard.
Penguin Dragneel
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Weeb Wars: The Anime Controversy Thread
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Artist -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

The Latest Tax Write-Off
Little sidenote about the comments. Someone brought up Tirek’s backstory in the FIENDship is Magic miniseries as an example for how he could be redeemed. I countered and said that the comics weren’t really canon with a few minor exceptions, and they straight-up replied back that they were.
In that case, then that means canonically, Chrysalis slaughtered an entire town of cute and fuzzy animals, even brutally killing one in front of a group of fillies, splat and all.
Oh, but of course Chrysalis is redeemable! She’s just “misunderstood!”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.