Another Cringe Thread About Bronies in General. (Possibly NSFW)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Since most of this thread already breaks Rule #0 it’s really hard to parse what to even do here, and since no one on staff wants to actually read what you’ve been writing to each other, including me, the options seem to be:
A) Fuck this thread.
B) Fuck both of you.
And I’d rather not stick my dick in any of this.
Also, that would require going back through what you’ve both been doing to figure out what is and what is not Rule #0 and I am sincerely hoping I don’t have to actually read anything in this thread.
That said, since I seem to be the only person willing to volunteer to come in here and say or do anything, and since we’re still getting reports about this thread so it seems like we also can’t just ignore it, let’s try this.
C) Please stop going after each other on this site. And if you want to continue this, get a room.
It’s been almost a day, so I hope you both got it out of your systems so this is done now. And hopefully this post will serve as some sort of response to the reports although I’m certain that it will more likely result in yet more heated exaggeration, suspiciousness, and conspiratorial proof of the fantasy that George Soros owns and financially backs everyone on staff here.
But if you keep it up then someone on staff will put on their Wellingtons, grab a big mop and bucket, and come in here and try options A or B instead. And keep in mind that if anyone has to do that they’re not going to be happy about it and option A sure seems like an easy solution to all of this right now.
INB4 “CensorshiP!!!”
Background Pony #4166
My suggestion?
A. Find topics that are more entertaining to cringe over.
B. Lock the thread, blacklist any attempted revivals, and move on. There’s no point in sustaining this thread if it’s boring as hell. If I want to get more consistent cringe material that makes me laugh, I’ll migrate to Kiwi Farms.
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Your rules are arbitrary anyways, if there is an actual system to it, it would take a super computer powered AI to decipher it. In general your post makes it sound like no one cares to do the moderator job or is generally unfit to do it. There is no shame calling it quits if the passion ran out.
That windmill horse and anything related to that will pop up in cringe thread about bronies should be expected and that the arguments about it are heated is well known. If you want that discussion to be not in this thread it should move to a dedicated thread about the topic that doesn’t get shut down.
As for this thread, ever since OP popped in i don’t think anyone really knows what content supposed to be in here anyways.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Your rules are arbitrary anyways in this thread, if there is an actual system to it, it would take a super computer powered AI to decipher it. In general your post makes it sound like no one cares to do the moderator job in this thread or is generally unfit to do it in this thread. There is no shame calling it quits if the passion ran out where this thread is concerned
FiFY
That discussion breaks Rule #0 anywhere on this site, except for this thread which is a weird special case that we’ve let run because it caters to a specific portion of the fandom for whom ‘being excellent to each other’ appears to be impossible, or, undesirable from time to time. Where this thread isn’t attacking others on this site, or plotting raids, etc, and where everyone is generally getting along it is pretty much ignored.
Like the Role Playing threads.
If you want that discussion to be not in this thread
There seems to be a misunderstanding - there is no place on this site that we would want that discussion. That it is in this thread, yet again, means we now either have to moderate this thread (which I really don’t think anyone is willing to volunteer to do, except for me it seems), or just give up trying to keep this thread on this site, or some other option which probably would be harder than either of the above.
So I’m trying option C: let’s go back to pretending this thread doesn’t exist, which we can only do if all of you here can stop triggering so many perfectly valid and reasonable reports which should be acted on by banning people and deleting comments.
Which I’m sure would leave this thread a pages-long sea of red.
That doesn’t seem useful for anyone.
Should a lot of those comments be deleted? Almost certainly.
Would deleting them serve any purpose, given who is involved and that they are in this thread? Probably not. At least, doing so has never worked with these individuals, or this thread, in the past.
I’m hopeful folks here can go back to just skirting the edges of Rule #0, and staff can go back to ignoring the existence of this thread.
Just like with the Role Playing forums.
What do you hope for?
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

FiFY
You “fixed” it to fit your headcanon. Wishful thinking vs whats actually going on.
Whether or not staff wants that discussion to happen, its on many people’s mind, so instead of being mostly concentrated in one place it oozes into other threads and comment sections, because the community does want to have the discussion.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Seiken
It’s not ‘wishful thinking’ that this thread is a special case, and that none of us look at this thread unless we have to.
If you honestly expect this thread to be moderated like other areas of the site, it will most likely be handled be more like a containment zone like Tartarus where people are banned for the slightest infraction.
Is that really what you hope for?
because the community does want to have the discussion.
What discussion? All I see here is people complaining about cringe fans and celebrities, and periodically swinging off topic into rants about whatever this is about.
What is the discussion that you think is ‘actually going on’?
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Ciaran
Your rules are applied arbitrary across the website and that this thread is more offhand doesn’t make the rest of the website’s rules less arbitrary applied.
And “whatever this is about”, you know exactly what it is about. Just because the choice of words is a bit unconventional doesn’t mean its unclear what they are talking about.
This whole thread will cause a ruckus again and again, because what some consider cringe other’s will be offended that someone think its cringe and the recent tiny fallout between Background Pony #2EDE and ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ is just one instance of that.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
Your rules are applied arbitrary across the website and that this thread is more offhand doesn’t make the rest of the website’s rules less arbitrary applied.
Oh, ok. I’m not sure what you are referring to, but in general and without specifics I disagree, but I’m not actually here to talk with you about that. I’m here because of the recent reports against thread, and to try to figure out what to do with it. If you’d like to talk about site-wide moderation please make a post in the Site & Policy forum, and someone who is into that will talk with you about it.
I was more asking for your input in what should happen here in this thread today, given that this thread is it’s own kind of special case.
you know exactly what it is about. Just because the choice of words is a bit unconventional doesn’t mean its unclear what they are talking about.
I honestly have no clue what you are implying. Are you talking about the actual discussion those two were having in the last page? Because if you are, I don’t care what their actual discussion is beyond any ad hominem, other forms of personal attacks, or off topic rants. All I’ve done so far is skim them for examples of actionable statements, of which there are enough to … you know … ‘action’. As for the whole off topic or not though - as you mentioned - is hard to figure out in a thread like this where the topic is not really clear, and on its face appears to violate Rule #0 right out of the gate.
Maybe I should treat the thread like any other thread on the site. But that’s not how we’ve approached this thread in the past, and personally I really do like the whole ‘go back to being ignorable’ option.
There’s significantly less having to get into it with people in that option.
Like I said, this thread is more like the Role Playing forum - we only moderate this thread when there’s a problem, and otherwise pretty much leave it to it’s own devices.
This whole thread will cause a ruckus again and again
On this we are in 100% agreement.
Background Pony #990D
Somebody’s not happy with the G5 comic reveals, and 3 guesses who that might be. I bet they’ll have an aneurism with today’s reveal
Seiken
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #990D
I see these apostles of “g5 bad, bring g4 back” and similar the same as constantly offended twitter crowd, they got nothing going on in their life or feel a need for attention, so they craft their personality around this one trait and if anyone dares to rattle their construct they get REALLY defensive and aggressive.
Overall i am not happy with the g5 designs, the movie was arguably better than g4, but the characters themselves are meh. But as much as i dislike the designs, nothing will really change the direction Hasbro is going right now, including that godawful looking special in the works. So all that’s left for me is to cope and complain here and there, but i am not gonna pretend as if there is a possibility to just reverse everything.
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Seiken
Is your problem with the G5 deigns that they have too many dimensions?
I agree that the G5 movie was much better as a movie than the G4 movie.
The Reddit guy I linked put forth the idea that if we all bullied the animation studio enough, we could save G5 like how the recent Sonic movie was re-rendered with better models.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Too often devolves into personal attacks on other users, instead of media personalities.