Cartoon/Western Animation General

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@TheHappySpaceman  
i havew heard they cut him because he was boring, he was basically there to make sure Mulan was seen as Cishet and to fulfill the requisite romance angle, but it would take to much work in a live action movie to avoid the crap that comes with commanding officers and female subordinates so he was tossed,
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Thanotos Omega  
The thing is, Li Shang’s entire arc is about realizing that Mulan isn’t lesser than him because she’s a woman, and having him learn and grow because of her, which is a lesson that men could learn from in this climate.

I still think they just cut him because he was implied to be bisexual.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@TheHappySpaceman  
It’s an arc though. I legitimately understand if they don’t have time for it.

…honestly the shot for shot remake, only with ugly real people, approach is why I hate these films in the first place. If they’re going to do something other than massively rip off a better movie, I’m all for it.
Thanotos Omega

@TheHappySpaceman  
Umm he didn’t have an arc, he had some kinda reaction to his dad’s death that was just implied, he really was the most shoehorned in of the bland ass dudes in the post Renaissance Disney movies, but to be fair that whole movie was a generally hollow shell with some good songs, but belongs next to Pocahontas in the Disney fail hard hall of fame,
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Thanotos Omega  
I don’t mind him, but he is the blandest character in that movie.

Admit it, the only thing you can remember him doing is singing that song. It says a lot that you could legitimately cut him and nothing would change.

The comic relief trio are more plot relevant.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Philweasel  
I like that it has Donnie Yen in it.I might actually go see it now.If it’s successful,maybe they’ll do some kind of continuation of the animated movies.I’m still hoping they remake Mulan 2.There was such potential there,and it turned out so bleh.
Thanotos Omega

@TheHappySpaceman  
there are hills to die on, Mushu being shit? that’s a hill to die on, the lead actress being a facist piece of shit? that’s a hill to die on, boring ass dude who was just there to make it clear that the main character in a straight girl? nah that ain’t the hill to die on,
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
It’s a very popular fan theory based on scenes where Li Shang appears to display attraction for “Ping” before finding out that he was actually a woman. It’s popular enough that Disney has probably heard of it, and this is likely part of why they removed him from the movie.

Honestly, I’m just sick of Disney constantly pandering to the Chinese market.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Marx  
At least she’s the main character, and not just a one-off who appears for thirty seconds and can easily be edited out.

Honestly, having looked at the trailer, I want to be excited for it because I love the animation style, buuuut it’s kind of giving me boomer-y vibes. Like… this isn’t going to be one of those “Technology bad” films, is it?
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@icey wicey 1517  
I’m getting kind of mixed signals from the trailer, TBH. The scene where the dad accidentally breaks the computer, plus a few others, really make me feel like the daughter is in the right and her dad is out of touch; however, the tech uprising makes it seem as though they’re trying to paint the dad as the good guy?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide