Cartoon/Western Animation General

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

(Spoilers, duh)

So… one full binge of She-Ra later, and here I am.

• Hordak’s entire story thus far is practically a Tragedy (literary sense), as far as his villainy went. It was all for nothing, because Horde Prime is… a gigantic piece of shit, lol (but he’ll definitely get redeemed right, Horde Prime? He’s just so polite and… oh who am I kidding? His chances of redemption are practically zilch, as thoroughly Narcissistic with a capital “N” as he is, seeing free will as a personal affront, being willing to commit genocide/omnicide over that happening). He didn’t seem to be terrible to work for as far as Evil Overlords go, and him and Entrapda were actually cute… until Catra got in the way (him shedding tears when Double Trouble spilled the beans said a lot really, as did the heavy implication that he wanted to stay on the world for good, for a time, per what Horde Prime said). One wonders if he’s ultimately been Reset for good, no going back.

• And speaking of Catra, for 4 seasons, a comparison I found kind of apt in regards to her character is that she’s sorta like Walter White in a way, in that she kept getting worse, alienating literally everyone who conceivably cared about her, much of it stemming from betraying Entrapda, and the fact that she was an abusive bitch to those so-called friends, in general. She’s so self-important that she’d literally rather have killed everyone than lose to Adora. She kind of needed that speech in the end, from Double Trouble. Who knows, perhaps she’ll find more amounts of redemption than the aforementioned character? Or will she just be completely irredeemable, double down again?

• It was interesting, how Shadow Weaver was being the voice of reason, in regards to Glimmer, at the end of S4. SW isn’t very nice to say the least (and really screwed herself over early on, losing her source of power, lol), and her sincerity is questionable at least 80% of the time throughout the show, and within that lower percentile range, you still wonder how much if any she meant it, except maybe with Micah and Glimmer (she appeared to be pretty sincere in not wanting the latter to be reckless, going through with the reckless scheme). Her “A+ parenting” led to the issues both Adora and Catra have, and she hasn’t changed… much, if any really, has she? Wonder how it will end up for her…

• Glimmer’s slipping was understandable, given the circumstances, in regards to the friendship with Adora being strained (“Flutterina” didn’t help matters), and her palpable desperation. She grew a lot stronger throughout the show, and she definitely did have cool moments as a result. And now she’s stuck with Horde Prime for now, with Catra, which who knows what she’ll do. I hope to see her reconcile with Adora and the others.

• You kinda have to feel for Adora. She’d been used her entire life, first by the Horde and Shadow Weaver (along with the assorted emotional scars therein), then under Light Hope, and she had to destroy the sword, to stop the Heart of Etheria Project from coming to ultimate fruition. …Hopefully (and dare I say “probably”) she’s still She-Ra, due to its preexistence independent of the sword. And aforementioned friendship strain.

Well, May isn’t that far off, is it? Hopefully the show will be satisfying enough when it’s over. I’m not really rooting for CatrAdora to happen. I’m not even sure they should be friends when it’s over, depending.

(whew, that was a lot. I think I got most of it. Suffice to say, I do not believe that I regret watching it, all-in-all)

(oh, and as a last note, one thing Shadow Weaver and Catra most certainly have in common is that they both suck at taking responsibility for their respective failures/mistakes)
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@AC97  
I think what unites all of them is that they’re all looking for validation. Catra searching for love from Adora, Shadow Weaver and Hordak, only to be rejected, Scorpina looking for love from Catra and then proof that she’s a real princess, Gimmer wanting to prove she’s strong and capable, Adora desperately wanting to be this ideal hero, Hordak wanting to prove he’s not a failure, Frosta wanting to be accepted as an adult, Shadow Weaver wanting to raise this perfect apprentice/daughter, Bow wanting his parents to accept him as a warrior…

What I like about Shadow Weaver is what I said before, she never changes. She’s still focused on that one goal above all else. Despite what everyone thinks, I’m pretty certain Shadow Weaver wouldn’t betray Glimmer unless Glimmer either utterly rejected her, or strongly disappointed her. Her advice and help isn’t always going to be good advice, but at the very least it’s sincere. Shadow Weaver wants her to succeed, because she binds her ego up in the success of her protégée.
Background Pony #2CE1
I’ve heard that Steven Universe has some animation errors, like Lapis’s height changes, but I didn’t notice any of that.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Philweasel

I think your interpretation of Shadow Weaver is pretty plausible. I’m kinda hoping you’re right. Her being in the role of the amoral teacher/advice giver has been pretty fun, really. Although if activating all of the Runestones wasn’t at least somewhat disappointing/concerning to her… well, her MO doesn’t seem to really fit in with what Horde Prime is, in any case. She depends on influencing young protégés, like Glimmer, and Micah (the latter of which she was sincerely pleased to see alive, even after he attacked her on sight, and she dispelled it), and then there’s the case of Adora, and Catra, for how badly that turned out.

And you’re right. They do all want validation, one way or another, and if Hordak were to ever come back to himself, or anything like that, if that season finale didn’t send the message that Horde Prime couldn’t care less about him, nothing will. Catra and Hordak do have a lot in common in regards to their validation desires, and how unhealthy they’ve been.

(Horde Prime seems to be one of the odd ones out in that he doesn’t quite seem to seek validation, in any normal way at least. His army of clones are, as per his extreme narcissism, meant to be extensions of himself, and his will, which is why one with free will pissed him the fuck off.)

Time will tell…

(Pretty good part of me wants more EntrapDak moments)
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@AC97  
I wouldn’t. It’s not very interesting.

There’s literally an episode where Steven royally screws up, and they congratulate him anyways.

Oh. And the one where Steven essentially talks down to a kidnapping victim and forces them to apologize. Great morals the show has 10/10.
Cyborg_pony

@WyrmSpawN  
in adventure Island Sadie keeps Lars and Steven stuck on an island when they could have escaped in order to get Lars to fall in love with her, and when he finds out he’s deservedly pissed and wants nothing to do with her. Then she ends up killing some bug thing to save him with her acting all huffy about, and Steven pretty much guilt-trips him into apologizing to her, even though, he wouldn’t have been in danger had not been from her standing them on an island.
Cyborg_pony

@WyrmSpawN  
Yeah, it’s a really bad episode.

It could have been about decided what’s best for people is not the best thing for them even if intentions are good and after Sadie saves him (by some creature I’m pretty sure I heard could only be killed by Gems, I dunno) could have really interesting with them in a strained relationship due to her negligence and bad choice that eventually he does forgive her in a authentic way, but, NOPE! Gotta flip that around be “Well, you’re the jerk for not being grateful to her for holding you against your will!”
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Scrabbleman  
Like John Kricfalusi, Rebecca doesn’t believe in character sheets. She’s more concerned with the artistic composition of the shot than the relative heights of the characters.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Cyborg_pony  
So far, the only good thing about SUF is the consistent character size. But this can change in literally a snap of a finger.

@TheHappySpaceman  
It is laziness. That’s like saying you want to write a novel without following basic grammar and sentence structure, or building a skyscraper without the frame.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide